March 28, 2024, 07:55:53 pm

Author Topic: VC:MP 0.4  (Read 8085 times)

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
VC:MP 0.4
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »
What's your opinion? I'm opening this debate because I often hear old players complaining about it.

I played 0.3 a few times but never really got involved too much, while 0.4 was exactly the thing that made me play regularly (that and a server that I really enjoyed). In my opinion 0.3 was really old fashioned, in particular the chat, the browser and players' healthbars and nametags; those visual cues must have influenced me a lot killing any desire to even check the servers. While 0.4 looked really fresh and urged me to give a try and play the servers back in 0.4 public beta times.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Trex

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • You will not win, cause I will not lose.
    • View Profile
Re: VC:MP 0.4
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:47:27 pm »
0.4 sucks
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

D.E.[[V]].I.L

• Fanatic
  • Never curse your fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »
0.4, RIP memories :( fall time increased it sucks, we got no chance to recover, hacks developed, no anti-cheat, but still gonna play :v
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »
I think the main things that people complain about today are not specifically to do with 0.4, they are to do with things that have materialised during the 0.4 period.

It is the large-scale modding of the game, the widespread adjustment of mouse y-axis and the development of the M4 headshot style of deathmatching that people resent. Any or all of these things could have happened in 0.3z R2, too, they just didn't.

I think 0.4 is almost infinitely superior to 0.3z R2, but if I'm being honest, my favourite version of VC:MP is still 0.3z (not R2), because it didn't include the ability to make headshots, and nor did it have fast-switch, which meant for a style of fighting that I think took much more skill, and was more enjoyable to play and watch.
Agree Agree x 6 Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Darfy

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 09:02:37 pm »
Because of pretty much the same reasons Charley just mentioned, 0.3z is my number one as well. I basically grew up with it and that's the era my best VC-MP memories are from. And I loved the rough visual look 8)

Some people may say that 0.3z was all stubby-based and that it lacked depth and diversity in terms of both features and combat in comparison to 0.4 and to an extent I do agree, but at least the shotgun sync in 0.3z was bearable and not nearly as inconsistent as in 0.4. First things first.......
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Radon

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 11:47:28 am »
Since 0.4 was released, ASIs were ofiicially disabled, which sucks. Atleast we could add some mods like FPS, custom hud, custom camera view, enb series etc... Yet another thing is that player's shot is being synced faster than mines, espeically the laggers having that advantage. Actually VCMP 0.4 is much dead, no updates, releases since the last year. The most counted thing is the amount of players nowdays. Argonath is now a pain in the ass. Laggers now, they have advantages over us in combats.

P.S: Same status as LU, but still better than LU.

Hope VCMP won't die like LU or worser, if so, I'll still won't move to SAMP. SAMP is a absolutely pain in the arse. Worst game ever seen.
Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 01:11:17 pm »
It is the large-scale modding of the game, the widespread adjustment of mouse y-axis and the development of the M4 headshot style of deathmatching that people resent. Any or all of these things could have happened in 0.3z R2, too, they just didn't.

One correction though - these have happened in R2.

MD619

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VU4LiFe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 01:39:27 pm »
0.3 was best

Roystang's art

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 02:24:07 pm »

Not to the extent that is the case in 0.4 though, right? In R2 it was a handful of people, now it appears to be 80% of regular players.

Writer of excessively long posts

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 02:40:54 pm »

Not to the extent that is the case in 0.4 though, right? In R2 it was a handful of people, now it appears to be 80% of regular players.

I'd say yes, and mainly due to the little awareness surrounding this y-axis fix. Quite ironically, it was much easier to integrate into the game during the times of r2, whereas now it has become quite complicated and requires quite the workarounds.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 06:49:50 pm »
The skill-gap between intermediate and experienced players have been reduced in 0.4

0.4 has less glitches and bugs that were exploited by experienced players in 0.3z. Back then a slightly better player could totally dominate a weaker player with double-digit sprees. This doesn't happen anymore due to better sync, everyone can sneak in a kill and break the spree.

Most notable is the lack of ghost shooting, which increased the time-window when a player stops to shoot, hence players using stubby are much more vulnerable. It is no more possible to rambo into 3 players with a Stubby, since the duration you are standing in the stubby shotgun animation is enough to hit you with 3 M60 or 4 M4 hits.

Another thing which reduced the skill gap is the new Friendly Fire. In 0.3, team mates could knock you over with shotguns, damage you with explosions. Now, they can recklessly come to your aid without having to worry about team griefing. Thus, weaker players in a group are more efficient to overwhelm a better player going rambo.
Agree Agree x 2 Useful Useful x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Castagna

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Veteran. EA Server Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 07:02:27 pm »
While 0.4 has been a new world for scripters and new type of gamemodes, it has been a step backwards regarding the fighting style in comparison with 0.3z or R2 concept, and everything modification about it. I can't say that I'd choose 0.4, because it takes good and bad points. 0.3 (0.3z and R2) most significant bugs were a pain in the ass, but there was a kind of magic touch that made those versions for me the best, according to the community's status, at that time. In terms of general improvements, it is an obvious fact that 0.4 > 0.3z, R2, so on.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:06:40 pm by Castagna »

VC:MP Veteran. Extreme Addicts Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader.

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 07:07:38 pm »
0.3z with VCA would have been better

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 07:41:51 pm »
There were too many bugs that are forgotten now.

Remember the "bugged" bug? When a player couldn't damage anyone and had to /kill. That was so game breaking, that having a good clan war was almost impossible.
The sniper zoom got reset when a player spawned.

Apart from the client bugs, the servers were pretty fucked up too. It was hard to maintain a decent uptime for any type of server. They could go down every time KaraN was killed  O0
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 6 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 08:10:45 pm »
There were too many bugs that are forgotten now.

Remember the "bugged" bug? When a player couldn't damage anyone and had to /kill. That was so game breaking, that having a good clan war was almost impossible.
The sniper zoom got reset when a player spawned.

Apart from the client bugs, the servers were pretty fucked up too. It was hard to maintain a decent uptime for any type of server. They could go down every time KaraN was killed  O0
Cheers 0.4 don't have any bugs
And yes, some important​ bugs can be fixed, 0.4 was also shit when it was released, remember 25 fps bug on 1st beta ?
Server crashing in every 2 mins and all ?
Disagree Disagree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)