April 19, 2024, 07:03:01 pm

Author Topic: [FAQ] Portal & Registrations  (Read 513 times)

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
[FAQ] Portal & Registrations
« on: December 17, 2018, 04:28:48 pm »

VU-Portal FAQs

• Q: How does registration work?

A: Registrations are done directly by the forum account by the means of a custom based Porta. The portal uses your forum account and binds it directly to the account you will use for server. The portal takes your ingame nickname, password to login and your team, after which, you are asked to benchmark your PC where the FPS and resolution are then saved to your account. From this, admins will verify the details on those results and you will either get verification or rejection.

If you application is verified, then it will be forwarded to Head of Staff, who will approve your account to let you play in the server and automatically allot you the shiny group of the team you selected.

Benchmark Server IP: 217.69.11.99:8192 Connect to it and do the test.

• Q: Hey! I want to change team, how do I do that?

A: To change your team, you must post the request in the Nick Change topic present in the Diplomacy and Registrations board, simply click here to make a new request and follow the guidelines of the format needed. An admin of staff will change your team respectively.

• Q: Hey! I did not pass the test, can I play?

A: In order to play, you must pass the benchmark test as this is a filtering system that ensures a stable experience for our participants. You will need to source a capable PC that is able to achieve 30 FPS on Test 1 and Test 2, and at least 25 FPS on Test 3 and Test 4 in order to participate.

• Q: Hey! I forgot my ingame password, I need to change it, can I?

A: Yes you can. Your password can be changed from the portal, simply go to your profile via the portal (click here) and you will see a button at the bottom of your stats that says Reset Password. Click it to renew your ingame password.

• Q: Hey! I just registered, what do I do now?

A: Wait for an admin to take decision on your application, you'll see it in your profile of portal, meanwhile take FPS test in our benchmark server to save your FPS in your profile for verification process, simply join the server and login with your password, the one you used while registering in portal.

• Q: Hey! What is the IRC channel of the server?

A: You can either use our web interface for IRC, embedded in portal -> IRC or you could connect to #vicewar8 @ irc.liberty-unleashed.co.uk using any IRC client.

• Q: When will be results announced and where will they be displayed?

A: Your stats will be displayed in your profile while the results will be displayed publicly on portal after the match.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:49:42 pm by GangstaRas »
Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S