login
April 27, 2024, 06:17:24 pm

Author Topic: Idea to save VC:MP  (Read 6843 times)

MasterOz

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Idea to save VC:MP
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2020, 06:57:59 am »
GL with the good work!
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

mairee

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2020, 08:46:03 am »
no battleroyale servers ( doable )
I dare you to make a shrinking circle storm in VCMP, I double dare you to make one. I've already worked on a BR server for a long time but guess what? VC:MP has a ton of limitations and there is a lot of stuff that isn't just possible, it's easy to say, but not as easy to do so. You can't even make a storm that works properly in VC:MP, sphere.setRadius is bugged, checkpoints are actually 2D, there's no object.setScale, heck if you were to do it using the last possible way, that is by 3D GUI, your PC probably won't even run it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:51:38 am by Xmair »
Agree Agree x 4 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2020, 01:32:08 pm »
I dare you to make a shrinking circle storm in VCMP, I double dare you to make one. I've already worked on a BR server for a long time but guess what? VC:MP has a ton of limitations and there is a lot of stuff that isn't just possible, it's easy to say, but not as easy to do so. You can't even make a storm that works properly in VC:MP, sphere.setRadius is bugged, checkpoints are actually 2D, there's no object.setScale, heck if you were to do it using the last possible way, that is by 3D GUI, your PC probably won't even run it.
have you ever considered to make a shrinking wall instead? that when players touch they instantly die?

a circular object around vice city that looks like a tire, but is empty from the inside and it starts shrinking ( no need to make it smooth, make several resized models to achieve this )

change its alpha to make it look semi transparent.

if I'm not wrong, vk. angel of death considered once to make a deathrun gamemode, where the player is set in a narrow linear path avoiding obstacles, while a wall is chasing him and if it catches him he dies.

you see, you don't have to accurately replicate everything from other games. you need to be creative about it, no matter how piss poor quality the thing is.

Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2020, 04:22:24 pm »
I have a team working with me on a new vcmp project which is about to come.
Nice, I'm looking forward to it.

bro, please none of that LotR lore Elves vs Dwarves medievial shit.
Funny Funny x 12 (list)

Spiller

• Vice War Contributor
  • Regular
  • Easymode Criminal
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:04 pm »

Gondor vs Mordor :)
(bonus elf skin and novelty bow)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:32:50 pm by Spiller »
Funny Funny x 5 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

LumberBang^.

• [ON]j34k.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2020, 04:37:05 pm »
have you ever considered to make a shrinking wall instead? that when players touch they instantly die?

a circular object around vice city that looks like a tire, but is empty from the inside and it starts shrinking ( no need to make it smooth, make several resized models to achieve this )

change its alpha to make it look semi transparent.

if I'm not wrong, vk. angel of death considered once to make a deathrun gamemode, where the player is set in a narrow linear path avoiding obstacles, while a wall is chasing him and if it catches him he dies.

you see, you don't have to accurately replicate everything from other games. you need to be creative about it, no matter how piss poor quality the thing is.
ok. idiot
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 6 (list)

What is as large as an elephant but has no weight?

The shadow of an elephant.
[/i,,mg]

Silent

• Fanatic
  • Chainsaw and Spaz better than Any Explosives
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2020, 07:16:02 pm »
Battle royal VCMP server lets go. Ik id play it
Agree Agree x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

ElvenKing

• Crazy Man
  • [MK]Berkay_Khan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2020, 04:21:31 am »
I have a team working with me on a new vcmp project which is about to come.
Nice, I'm looking forward to it.

Nah XD
Tho I had to add this Fortress as a base but ransomeware took everything from me  >:( >:(

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:23:52 am by ElvenKing »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

The Golden Horde

Luckshya

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2020, 08:15:23 am »
I think we should try to put such discussions on vcmp forum to bring some activity to it? I bet most of us dont even have the accounts over there. Most of the other mods have posts flooded with such discussions on their official forum rather than somewhere else.

It will look good to the newcomers if someone mistakenly lands there and wont consider the forum => mod dead? Plus some devs that dont come here would actually notice this rather than an individual going to the devs ?

We should also move this discussion there with the a start of all the good points so far shared by all the members here and continue it there if theres anything left and also we can then ask for proper baords management over there for such topics.
Agree Agree x 6 (list)

Credits to Pumak47

Athanatos

• BesT VcMp ScRiPTeR i SweAr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:13 am »
Not going to lie, but an update to VC:MP is really critical.

I agree with the idea of gamemodes and of promoting VC:MP. The problem is that many people will consider VC:MP and old game and that it isn't worth playing. I've also saw many people prefer SA:MP for the idea that it has many more players. Yep, that sucks.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

(NYB)HONEY_SINGH

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2020, 01:06:38 pm »
Today is good day you know guys i'm very busy person but today i've some free time for talk with you first i wanna say hi my old gold bold friend who spend life here and save vcmp  8)

1.Morphine Hello
2.Krsytaino hey(sry for speling mistake u can you know your real nick so dont worry about wht world called you)
3.[EAF]Kalu btw don't be chalu hello
4.[EAF]Keku hello
5.[VU]Charley Chutton
6.[VU]Axxo kese ho ji balle balle
7.[VU]Wilson salam
8.[VU]Ferrai33 hey hi
9[ULK]Aki hey
10.[ULK]Seporith who waste 5 years trying to closed NYB and banned me from xe
11.and Brain hello who see me and got mad how to banned honey singh from vcmp

come to main topic how to save vcmp i think you need focus on you carrier cuz no carrier no money than u have only vcmp money. from 5 year ppl said vcmp die vcmp die but vcmp never die cuz it;s stamp on your head you can't leave without vcmp you can leave for some time than you back again here so it's just a time some to so much players some time low player count okay enough time cya meet you after some time like 5 month or 1 year
Funny Funny x 13 Winner Winner x 13 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2020, 07:07:17 pm »
A lot of positive feedback, conclusion there. Cutting straight to point, we shall start working. Up for anything to make this game-mode alive & kicking!!

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2020, 05:13:52 pm »
Bit late with the comment, but if this hasn't started here's a reminder.

Its time to work on the little and manageable things. Charley, since you started the topic, gather the people who made really good contributions and start off building a masterplan of a to do list. working on one thing at a time, after that brainstorming who can contribute what of the re-imaging of VC:MP.

Cause if we don't get the ship rolling this post will just die as other attempts. Charley, aXXo, Morphine, NewK, Krys seemed the most accurate of the route this need to take you guys probably should initially kick this off personally and bring all of us in at a point in time where there can be contributions, but gather together and brainstorm the basics.
Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

ITS THE BIG DOG!

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2020, 03:26:56 am »
Charley, since you started the topic, gather the people who made really good contributions and start off building a masterplan of a to do list.

The problem with that is that I proposed an idea which was pretty much rejected. I didn't intend this to be a 'Does anyone have any ideas about how to save VC:MP?' topic. It was a 'Here's an idea' topic.

Personally I don't see any alternatives that are worth putting my time into, or that address the problem I highlighted in the first post, which is of not capturing the attention of the VC:MP forum's new visitors.

The discord server is a good idea, but still mostly just caters to the people already in the VC:MP community.

We need a big change, not little things. Just like every step of the way in VC:MP history, it's the big changes that make a difference. There are always people who resist change, people in power who are used to having things done a certain way, who delude themselves into thinking things are fine just the way they are. I don't have the energy to try and prove myself to them anymore. If the building of this clan, our events, this forum, our community and XE isn't proof enough that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to community management, then nothing ever will be.

I think it's sadly just gonna be another one of these (can just replace 'XE' with 'VC:MP'):

>go on xe
>notice it's still dead

Great work, you managed to kill the only chance to revive XE by holding onto what little power you had left in that community you stupid fucks. Wish Charley just went ahead and started this.
Funny Funny x 3 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2020, 05:10:53 pm »
Reading through the topic, I thought I'd just leave my two cents. There's a lot of good points made by Krys, Morph, NewK, etc. and I see both sides of the argument and agree with most of them.

What we want to do is improve the image of VC:MP, from the first-look perspective. It's not about massively increasing the popularity and competing with newer games, because that's never going to happen. VC:MP has great features though and it's never going to die out as long as we, the community, are here playing. NewK makes some really great points and we 'the old folks' have only seen this community grow over time.

The website needs work. There's some information about the client, and it's features, but that's it. The person looking at the VC:MP website for the very first time has no idea about the community, the servers, the events, etc. There should be some kind of regularly updated bulletin board of all the latest VC:MP news. There should be a gallery updated by server owners (at very least the official servers) with the best 'real' screenshots showcasing what VC:MP is about. A page for video content, which can share and support VC:MP videos. Basically, the website should be alive and kicking; a melting pot of VC:MP material.

It's just not though. It has a Features page which is basically a textbox, and a link to both the Wiki (dead link and completely uninteresting to the casual gamer) and the main forum that is basically only readable material if you're a scripter or beta tester. Yes there is some good information there on servers, clans, etc. so the foundation is there but it can be improved for sure.
Agree Agree x 9 Informative Informative x 1 (list)