March 28, 2024, 11:15:47 am

Author Topic: Why have grey base advantages?  (Read 2520 times)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Why have grey base advantages?
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:27:56 pm »
I don't understand what's the point of the grey bases advantages. Because when you capture a grey base you already have an advantage since it gives you bonus points. So by adding another advantage on top of that like seasparrow/minigun is going to make it extremely unbalanced, because the team with the most players will already have an advantage since they will be able to capture more bases thus having those bonus points, and to add to that bonus points advantage they will also have the grey base advantage, how is that fair? You are giving 2 advantages for capturing 1 base; the bonus point advantage and the grey base advantage.

Not only will this make it even harder for the team who is outnumbered,(which will be already at a big disadvantage since it will be outnumbered) it will make it pratically impossible for any comeback to happen like it happened in VW1.

So my suggestion would be to either remove the grey base advantages or to remove the bonus base points. It's just silly to have both of those advantages for capturing only 1 base. Either that or make the grey base advantages not so good. For example the advantages of grey base #3 and #4 are a bit lackluster compared to how good the advantages of base #1 and #2 are. Base #1 has a minigun which has a ridiculous fire rate considering how strong it is, and kills anything in moments and Base #2 is even better, it has an heli(seasparrow) which is the fastest way to move in the game and despite of that it has aimbot. Imo removing the grey base advantages would be the way to go because those 2 bases are just too good.

Also one thing we should have into account is that 5 hours into the event, money will no longer be a problem for consistent players, so forget gun fights, it will be the seasparrow and the minigun killing everyone despite of the rising of price of both.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:31:47 pm by NewK »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
Re: Why have grey base advantages?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:33:52 pm »
Also one thing we should have into account is that 5 hours into the event, money will no longer be a problem for consistent players, so forget gun fights, it will be the seasparrow and the minigun killing everyone despite of the rising of price of both.
This does need to be taken into consideration.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 08:01:34 pm »
I don't understand what's the point of the grey bases advantages. Because when you capture a grey base you already have an advantage since it gives you bonus points. So by adding another advantage on top of that like seasparrow/minigun is going to make it extremely unbalanced, because the team with the most players will already have an advantage
indeed

stormeus

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 03:33:13 am »
As far as I'm aware, there are no bonus points for capturing a base. You only get points for killing a team.

One advantage that is nerfed is the Sea Sparrow; it can be used, but not only does the cost increase with each use, it also spawns with a decreased amount of health. Instead of having 1000 vehicle HP, it will always spawn with 650 HP only.

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 08:51:45 am »
Bases do not give any bonus points. If you go through all the sticky topics word by word, it is mentioned that points are only earned by killing players. That is, one point per each kill. No kill bonuses of any sort.

Bases are just optional objectives to add more motives in the game mode as roaming around the town trying to find opponents to kill with no destination can be boring.
Another reason to add multiple bases was to prevent spawn wars. The grey base's advantages will attract players from both teams to fight away from their spawn bases. This encourages teams to play aggressive rather than camping defensively at a single place for easy points.

The base advantages and locations are balanced. If there is a powerful advantage provided by a base (like Sea Sparrow) in downtown, there is an equivalent powerful base on the other end of the town(Docks-minigun) to counter it. Hence both teams will have access to equivalent advantages.

Vicewar has always been won by numbers. As long as any teams don't rage quit and keep half the slots filled, a comeback can always be expected.

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 10:56:52 am »
Ok my bad, I misunderstood, I tought bases gave bonus points. I'm a bit confused tough, there's a quote on the Gamemode topic here: http://vu.vrocker-hosting.co.uk/index.php?topic=4481.0
It says:
Apart from Fixed Bases, there are 4 other bases. They are called Grey Bases.
These bases have a checkpoint which can be captured by standing on it for 15 seconds. Upon capturing the checkpoint, the team gains control of that base and gains a base bonus.

It says the teams who captures the bases gains a base bonus,  I'm a bit confused here  ??? Is the base bonus the grey base advantage?

If there are really no base bonus points for capturing bases, it will be possible for a comeback to happen indeed :)

I understand the grey bases are to encourage a more agressive playstyle and that's a good thing but we have to remember that the team who is outnumbered will be forced to have a more passive playstyle if they want to play smart that is. However let me just say I have nothing against having grey bases, I think's a good idea and I like it even more like this. It's just that the advantages of base 1 and 2 are bit too hard to balance. Because for the minigun to counter the SeaSparrow it would have to have Aimbot aswell. The minigun provides a good offensive and defensive while the SeasSparrow provides all that too plus good mobility and movement around the map, although that SeaSparrow nerf will certainly help.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:23:15 am by NewK »

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 02:51:29 pm »
Is the base bonus the grey base advantage?
Yes.

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »
Because for the minigun to counter the SeaSparrow it would have to have Aimbot aswell. The minigun provides a good offensive and defensive while the SeasSparrow provides all that too plus good mobility and movement around the map, although that SeaSparrow nerf will certainly help.
Think it this way:
The Sea Sparrow is just one. So at a time, it is being used by one player only.
Minigun can be bought by the whole team. A group of minigun rambos appear much more threatening than a sea sparrow.

Though, if a team grabs both its gonna be pwnage  :-[

stormeus

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 06:11:38 pm »
Because for the minigun to counter the SeaSparrow it would have to have Aimbot aswell. The minigun provides a good offensive and defensive while the SeasSparrow provides all that too plus good mobility and movement around the map, although that SeaSparrow nerf will certainly help.
Think it this way:
The Sea Sparrow is just one. So at a time, it is being used by one player only.
Minigun can be bought by the whole team. A group of minigun rambos appear much more threatening than a sea sparrow.

Also consider that if one person with a minigun dies and six people on the opposite team swarm that body, you effectively give the opposite team 300 minigun rounds, whereas the Sea Sparrow can't be hijacked in any way.

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 07:00:08 pm »
Those are good points, and I hadn't even tought of that issue storm, I guess it will become a minigun spamfest.

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 07:40:22 am »
Also consider that if one person with a minigun dies and six people on the opposite team swarm that body, you effectively give the opposite team 300 minigun rounds, whereas the Sea Sparrow can't be hijacked in any way.
If onPlayerWeaponChange works correctly, I can propose a solution. But I guess you already know it. :)

stormeus

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 04:21:41 pm »
If onPlayerWeaponChange works correctly, I can propose a solution. But I guess you already know it. :)

Touche.