April 28, 2024, 06:50:12 pm

Author Topic: WannaCry  (Read 2457 times)

Radon

WannaCry
« on: May 13, 2017, 05:17:14 pm »
Beware, people! A new ransomware called "Wannacry" had been released and it's being speraded quickly over 70+ countries. This ransomware it's very dangerous and it's encrypts your data. Aswell many companies that got infected and getting infected can't do anything with this dangerous malware. It exploits SMB, in which it's can steal your data. This ransomware has been announced since yesterday (12/5/2017). Microsoft has made a new update for outdated O.Ses like XP, Vista etc... If you haven't received the update since yesterday, you should go get it by youself on. More info at https://blog.comae.io/wannacry-the-largest-ransom-ware-infection-in-history-f37da8e30a58
Informative Informative x 3 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: WannaCry
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 06:01:59 pm »
They won't get nothing by encrypting your data, they know that you're not going to pay them anyways, they won't gonna waste their time on kids pc, relax.
Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 07:32:21 pm »
fucking gay fishing for positive ratings

at least mention how to get infected by it
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 06:12:25 am »
Beware, people! A new ransomware called "Wannacry" had been released and it's being speraded quickly over 70+ countries. This ransomware it's very dangerous and it's encrypts your data. Aswell many companies that got infected and getting infected can't do anything with this dangerous malware. It exploits SMB, in which it's can steal your data. This ransomware has been announced since yesterday (12/5/2017). Microsoft has made a new update for outdated O.Ses like XP, Vista etc... If you haven't received the update since yesterday, you should go get it by youself on. More info at https://blog.comae.io/wannacry-the-largest-ransom-ware-infection-in-history-f37da8e30a58
Sell pc problem solve.

Credits : KocKex

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »
Just don't open up weird attachments in mails from people you don't know, and use an up to date PC and you're fine.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Radon

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:00 pm »
Just don't open up weird attachments in mails from people you don't know, and use an up to date PC and you're fine.
This for:
fucking gay fishing for positive ratings

at least mention how to get infected by it

Cannot rate own posts

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 11:11:14 pm »
This can help, it's a post gathering all the relative updates: http://imgur.com/gallery/Hl9Kt

Thomas

Cannot rate own posts

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »
You know you can only get infected in case you download and execute a .bat file or an .exe, check the source of file twice, if it's safe then only use it, don't believe in rumors about opening email will infect your pc or whatever, they're practically not possible unless you click the link, and more importantly, they're targeting rich asses, not poorer, look this.

Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »
You know you can only get infected in case you download and execute a .bat file or an .exe, check the source of file twice, if it's safe then only use it, don't believe in rumors about opening email will infect your pc or whatever, they're practically not possible unless you click the link, and more importantly, they're targeting rich asses, not poorer, look this.

--
You do realize WannaCry didn't use any emails to infect people, right? They used an exploit in the SMB protocol on old windows versions that have open ports to the internet. No user interaction needed at all.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 04:42:05 pm »

--
You do realize WannaCry didn't use any emails to infect people, right? They used an exploit in the SMB protocol on old windows versions that have open ports to the internet. No user interaction needed at all.
There are some people like Blitz spreading rumors and making people scared with fake WhatsApp messages that don't do bank transactions or something, I know, I've used some ransomware infected machines too, but there are many that are on spreading fake messages, some of them are vcmp players, and rest are idiots,it's for them.

And yeah,wannacry got some executable versions too, I read somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:45:19 pm by karan »

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 05:30:10 am »
The only thing they can find is our New Folder and with sub folders. If you know what i mean. 

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »
Well, i have an old pentium 2 i want them to hack it lets see what will happen.
Anyone what shouldnindo to get attack by them.
If anyone know give link in pm because  if some other idiot use it he will cry here.

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 07:06:42 am »
If anyone know give link in pm because  if some other idiot use it he will cry here.

that's why you lag horribly
Funny Funny x 2 (list)

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 08:27:32 am »

that's why you lag horribly
Khachar
Funny Funny x 1 (list)