May 02, 2024, 08:17:04 am

Author Topic: An interrogant split from a debate  (Read 1148 times)

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
Re: An interrogant split from a debate
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 04:25:16 pm »
Like I said in my 'making a clan' guide, I believe going for big or even medium fish players is a strategy that's very unlikely to pay off. It's only worked well for a tiny number of clans, and even then, it wasn't really sustainable (see KFJ, TRC, SS).

This^^. It summarizes big part of VU success throughout the years, adding exceptional leadership and constant change in clan operational systems. Years back when this game was my go to and I had time to invest in it, I had that ideology of building a clan of nobodies, people like you and me that where very coachable and eventually become well-named players in the game. I was able to accomplish that with UB/VK back in the day but unfortunately time catches us all and at the time me and my co-owner were lacking the needed leadership qualities to keep our players. Most of them were getting recruited or moving to big clan names and its fine. It all came to an end.

VU shared this same exact vision as I had and it hasn't changed since, I brought some players along and we started hustling and climbing from day one. I have a little over a decade in VU and a bit more in VCMP and to be truthful the name is well suited cause the underdog mentality/the hustle/ the climb has never stopped since we started back then. Here, and as real life progressed got to learn leadership skills needed. As Morphine said, it takes TIME. Pushing through the bullshit and build a family like environment.

This is why people look for VU and it will always be this same exact quality why players will keep looking at VU throughout the years. Most of the members here started from scratch now are well known names that support the community with events, scripting, servers etc... Sometimes people just need to be given a chance. I don't necessarily agree with Doomsday post but respect it, it gave us a chance to explain the reason behind the success that is no way near built in a blink of an eye.

Long after VCMP doesn't exist and people sit around remembering this game they will talk about VU and its contribution to big part of the game success.

I'm glad to be part of the greatest VCMP family(not clan) that was ever created.(you may or may not agree with me with this and its fine, its just what I believe history has proven so far.)

I also encourage people if they have the time to emulate the model, if it doesnt work for many other reasons you will seriously have friends that will last after this is over.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ITS THE BIG DOG!

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 06:27:12 pm »
Thank you morphine, Charley (again), Panzer, Sevrin, TheKing and Ferrari for your comebacks. It helps me and everyone here to see it from another perspective.

Honestly, I felt that Doom had a very serious point on that debate when he mentioned VU as a dominant clan that has an incredibly high amount of players on its rows. However, after reading this whole topic, the claiming of that a restriction / applications closedure would make a positive impact on VC:MP emergence of new clans is totally senseless.

On my actual view, locking applications will not only help at all, but will even make players leave more than they do instead. The reason is simple: You all have mentioned how current clans like VU / MK / SS / OSK (at my time) interact with a kind of players that are newbies to this game; the majority of us (even more the latinos like I) had to struggle to understand how the mecanism of the community is, I remember myself on my first attempts on Mega War and how I had none knowledge about the basics of a VC:MP forum.

I had to struggle and spend much more time than in a normal game to get into the rythm of the community and joining a clan was a great help for myself (OSK in my case because of my language, VU in case of majority), without whom I'd probably not be here.

The style and structure of clans and how their goal and objective make them so dominant, apart from the time and effort spent on building such a thing, make me think that if it weren't for them, none of us would be here.

To set my point, I want you to imagine if dominant clans closed applications - and match it to the current player base and projects in emergence: none of the newbies would be really able to join a clan frustrating them (as you said, most of players remain here because their clans are greater than VC:MP itself), very few people would be really capable of building a new clan from the scratch and would leave the game inmediately. It is gonna hurt VC:MP more than it already is.

The thing is the following: nobody understands that it takes time, and there's no "divine intervention" to help this game rise. It takes a lot of effort like VU, ULK and XE rised back at 2008.

Once again, thank you all for your contributions to the post
Informative Informative x 1 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55:10 am »
good points made, in all fairness
Agree Agree x 1 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)