March 29, 2024, 08:33:45 am

Poll

Was the ping & FPS kick values justified?

Yes
No
Neutral

Author Topic: [POLL] Was ping&FPS kick good?  (Read 3918 times)

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] Was ping&FPS kick good?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 09:52:52 am »
I'm not able to add polls, don't ask me why.

EDIT: MaDKiLLeR added it, but I can't seem to be able to vote anyway.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:57:32 am by PunkNoodle »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Zeeshan.Bhatti

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 09:55:20 am »
good system  :) :) :)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Referee, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Referee, ECKO Management, EYE4 Referee.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 10:26:12 am »
I'll explain the system in detail:

The script checks for ping and FPS every 5 seconds.
If it finds a problem, it gives a warning on the player's screen.
Now the player has 10 more seconds to stop their movement.
If your ping or FPS is still bad in in the 10th and 15th second AND you never stopped moving during this time, kick.

I understand that sometimes players get short ping spikes, or a molotov could drop their FPS for a small duration. These players could avoid a kick by simply releasing their keys. So, the people who got kicked were most likely lagging constantly(15th, 20th, 25th...1000th second) and could not afford to stop their movement at all.

Those who played in Vicewar 5, would know that ping and FPS lag was a major issue:
http://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=6511.0
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:28:22 am by aXXo »
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 2 (list)

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »
System was good and fair enough for everyone, whether buy a good pc or don't play.

I agree with you, but I have a good PC .. My fps would only drop so hard when a heli collision happens near me.
It happened 2 times and instantly got kicked.
I have no problem with it at all & I hope the system would improve more and more

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

Bonecracker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 02:11:31 pm »
25 is too high FPS limit, 20 is fine. This is discrimination against the holders of low PCs. But I'll be objective and say that the kick system was good.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 3 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »
It was just and fair but there was something about the scripts that seemed strange to me. VCMP is nothing to run for my system, yet I found that when the chat was flooded this would lag my system considerably for some unknown reason. System is a i3 3240 and GTX 960 and I've never had this problem before so I was wondering if the scripts themselves needed some optimization.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 08:49:00 pm »
It was just and fair but there was something about the scripts that seemed strange to me. VCMP is nothing to run for my system, yet I found that when the chat was flooded this would lag my system considerably for some unknown reason. System is a i3 3240 and GTX 960 and I've never had this problem before so I was wondering if the scripts themselves needed some optimization.

Same, had to rejoin game a few times to stop the lagging. Running an i5 4460

ThunderStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 01:10:17 pm »
yes

Davies

• MK
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 01:33:19 pm »
I'll go with No, the reason behind this is I (we) had normal ping but sometimes it just spike to 305 or 300+  for a second and got kicked.

I will prefer the Manual Kick System, if any player is constantly lagging and having 300+ ping or fps below than average OR , then other players will use !Votekick (like it was used to be in EAD) and if more than 5 to 8 players use !votekick for that person so the person will be kicked. Thats all.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 06:23:37 pm »
Manual kick was avoided due to VW5 problem of it being viewed as biased and abusive as what often was the case was that one team's admins kicks the opposing team player rather than admins kicking from their own affiliated team. Votekick would most likely produce the same biased and abusive result, only that players now have the control to kick players whether for valid reasons or just out of spitefulness.

Something that I find interesting is the amount of users using tethered mobile internet to play. Why are people resorting to that over the ethernet line in the Pakistan regions? What exactly is going on in those regions to account for such a switch? Mobile connection is and will never be stable enough for any kind of multiplayer. It's like having an auto-lag switch, it spikes like hell
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)