login
March 28, 2024, 06:53:29 pm

Author Topic: Discuss: Y axis fix  (Read 5305 times)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss: Y axis fix
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 11:09:01 am »
But Y-sens modifying itself is not cheating no matter how you do it. Thus many people got banned from other servers for nothing.
Those players included me too, but how do you justify that you only modified Y sens but not used the greater draw dist OR that not any other cheat with that .asi or .ini file? You or I can be clean to only use Y sens but not others if we allow that, you know VCMP's community better than me that how its going to be abused.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 11:27:43 am »
use default sens like real men thanks in advance
Agree Agree x 4 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

FulToN_619

• Crazy Man
  • Give Respect Get Respect
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 01:30:40 pm »
use default sens like real men
^^

fulton (the hardest lagger on vcmp, I can't touch him)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 02:37:52 pm »
use default sens RPG like real legend men thanks in advance
Correction*
Funny Funny x 5 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 06:10:34 pm »
Download Macro mouse software instead of Y-axis fix as you said both gives the same thing.You can do the same thing with macro mouse then why you want to allow Y-axis, (Y-axis fix is only for vcmp and probably it inject some thing in game memory and that is why it is disallowed) and macro mouse isn't only for vcmp that is why it is allowed.

USE MACRO MOUSE SOFTWARE INSTEAD OF Y-axis FIX!!!

Credits : KocKex

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 06:40:40 pm »
why you want to allow Y-axis, (Y-axis fix is only for vcmp and probably it inject some thing in game memory and that is why it is disallowed)

Ok, but why should it be disallowed if it achieves the same thing?

Zkq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »
All are same shits i don't understand why they disallow the mouse fix and allow the gaming mouse although it gaves the same advantage.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:52 pm »
juan is right (yes fuck you all y-axis pussies), but that doesn't mean it should be permitted ...
true that @zkq, but a player who got rekt continuously most likely ran out of excuses.

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 11:05:50 pm »
Ok, but why should it be disallowed if it achieves the same thing?
I think NewK had a good point about them messing with game memory, besides using ASI mods requires a way that goes against the developers efforts to block potentially game-breaking stuff.

I would say the means being different do not justify the final objective, going with a harsh comparison: having sex and sexual assaulting a partner both may lead to pregnancies, but the second "method" is unwanted to say the least. Okay after this thought I'm out...

I personally think the topic is pretty controversial as in it's almost a matter of taste, but what bothers me is some supporters of y axis use it as an excuse to conceal their aimlocking crap, while some other STRONG defenders are flooding us with in-game reports about aimlocks in lw, where often this y axis "FIX" and aimlock can be easily mistaken at first sight and then I require a considerate amount of time spent discerning that (also refer to the first point above). That said I invite such people to a) stop whining about aimlock b) taking care of the aimlock reports for me, to tell if it's y axis or not.

This would only be valid if the Y-axis ratio wasn't completely bugged from the get go in every Rockstar game released in the 3D universe.
This is another thing already that fix you're talking about just constraints the ratio to 1:1 thus fixing the mismatch between the two axes, that's it. Besides it can be fixed easily in 0.4 since we have /setconfig game_sensitivity_ratio.
But I think the other tool being discussed, now if I recall correctly wasn't even an ASI plugin as I wrote in the beginning of this post. Being a proper exe it allowed not just that but other stuff that gives an advantage to sniper users. I cannot say it for sure just because I never tested it myself, but Sevrin did and he mentioned it some post above, so I'm going to take his word for it.

EDIT: Nevermind had a quick read and turned out I was wrong. Not an ASI and not even an EXE, it's a DLL file, which at the end of the day it is to be treated the same as ASI files.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:10:33 pm by PunkNoodle »

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 01:09:42 am »
The more I read these is the more I miss 2009. You young comers wouldn't know just how easy things were around here back then.

For example when I pressed ban you were banned. Ban evasion was deemed an entitlement for dynamic IP users; all you had to do was shut off your modem for a minute for your ISP to give you a new IP, all in an effort to join the server and say "I didn't do it!" before you got banned again. If you were annoying enough, we just subnet ban, like we did China. Controversy was mainly about european/american hackers in high powers (pretty much ULK) and who and who figured out how to run 60 FPS on servers.

There were no aimlocks, there were no wall hacks (I think), there were no fake lagging bastards, there were no UID changing scum, and there was no Urdu flooding chats (you don't miss English till it's really gone). All we had were corrupt officials and people forcing VCMP to run at 60 FPS when we were locked to 30 FPS only.

But anyway I digress.

Personally, as I and others before me are getting way too old for this shit, there's comes a point where you think less and ban more (within reason of course) and NewK's philosophy is one I adopt, as its one of the only philosophies that aims not to dig a deeper hole for yourself later on.

Me allowing something because it added up to the same result is like condoning a guy I saw on American TV years ago pissing all over his Cinnamon Rolls to keep them moist versus spraying with vodka or whatever the hell he should use. It ain't ethical, neither is this. So:

ASI's detected? Ban (it's best you don't run mods around me:)
Breaking VCMP limitations? Ban
Exploiting bugs? Ban
Removing palm trees? Download our custom server models full of trees  >:D. But if we were lazy, Ban
Anything called hacks? Ban
Disorderly conduct? Kick Non-compliance? Ban

Agree Agree x 7 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 03:03:58 am »
Play clean. You need skills not third party softwares.
Agree Agree x 8 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 10:34:38 am »
Actually VCMP needs more banhammers (if yo get what I mean ;) )
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 02:06:49 pm »
Saying Y-sensitivity is cheating is like saying the Earth is flat.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 04:43:17 pm »

Great idea, let's start by banning everyone under 15 years of age first
Agree Agree x 7 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 05:02:51 pm »

Great idea, let's start by banning everyone under 15 years of age first
You didn't get what I mean.
Disagree Disagree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري