May 02, 2024, 08:07:33 pm

Author Topic: what vcmp would've been if....  (Read 3905 times)

Hazard

• Crazy Man
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
Re: what vcmp would've been if....
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2020, 01:29:13 pm »
This just shows "HATE" towards EC.

Why does every negative comment about something have to be called hate in 2020 VCMP? Grow up people lol.
Why does every DM server is called a copy of XE specially EC in VC:MP 2020? As said by DiaZ, it's a pure work from Human/Aaron, why wouldn't the server developers/managers mind if somebody is blaming their developement without any strong evidence and proof..
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2020, 01:51:16 pm »
This just shows "HATE" towards EC.

Why does every negative comment about something have to be called hate in 2020 VCMP? Grow up people lol.
Why does every DM server is called a copy of XE specially EC in VC:MP 2020? As said by DiaZ, it's a pure work from Human/Aaron, why wouldn't the server developers/managers mind if somebody is blaming their developement without any strong evidence and proof..

What does that have to do with my comment? ???
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Hazard

• Crazy Man
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2020, 03:59:22 pm »
nothing, but also DiaZ's reply wasn't for you.

I just cleared my view about EC. Now it's up to you, how you see it.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2020, 10:26:33 am »
Question

What would VC:MP have been if... Rockstar endorsed it as an unofficial but awesome mod.
Winner Winner x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2020, 02:30:21 pm »
VC:MP would have had a far more extensive player-base from all over the globe for starters
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

Aegon

• Fanatic
  • Miami Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2020, 03:18:11 pm »
Maybe they could have had helped in developing it also.

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2020, 06:21:19 pm »
Question:

What would have happened if akiharu had never put a step into hacking accounts? Would have VU guys left the staff in any other moment? ULKs and VUs working together?
Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2020, 07:52:28 pm »
It was a long time ago, but as far as I remember the situation was tense already, with ULK abusing bugs to win championships, some of their members hacking and some being pure egoistic dickheads. There was big rivalry back then between us, and we truly earned our moniker underdogs during that period. There was an elitist group filled with vcmp veterans thinking they're above everyone, and there was a small clan taking in fresh people and training them to the level of opposing those same veterans. I wasn't an XE admin back then as far as I remember, but I suppose there would be a rapture at some point, since the server was almost exclusively ULK driven, which made it very biased.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2020, 03:07:55 am »
Yeah XE was already sorta at breaking point already; aki's hacking just pushed it over the edge.

The tension between VU and ULK was part of it, but mostly it was a story of individuals. At the time, Tical and I ran the server, with Sephiroth pitching in every now and then. HeAD had wanted to give me his position (overall management) in early 2010, but I was busy creating SvM, so the job rested with a barely-active Akiharu instead, and SGB remained owner, as he was paying the bills. I joined management later, after I'd written the new script. With HeAD, SGB and Aki largely inactive, Tical, Seph and I shared responsibility.

Tical and I got on very well, but neither of us much liked Sephiroth or Aki. Not many people, ULK or not, liked Aki, truthfully. Seph was a seasoned sycophant, who would lick anyone's ass for a seat at the table, while Aki was a megalomaniac, who would dispassionately take any step he thought necessary to preserve his grip on power. Tical and I had our differences, especially when it came to positions on racism and hate-speech, but we saw Seph and Aki for who they were: insecure, volatile and self-interested.

Things were bound to get fucked up at some point or another. Occasionally Aki would poke his head in and try to assert his authority, often croney-ing in Bishop or Prontera to the management team to defend him or cast their votes when he was outnumbered. (In the case of Bishop, Aki couldn't have known how much of a significant own goal this was going to turn out to be.) He worked in a way that was fundamentally against the principles that guided XE as a project, which he could only have sustained for so long. Eventually something would have happened, and, his opaque and anti-democratic ways of decision-making would have pissed enough people off for us to split.
Informative Informative x 4 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2020, 12:04:39 pm »
The events that happened around mid 2012 regarding XE, Aki's hacking, cheating on VCCT etc.. pretty much anticipated the beginning of the the end of ULK clan as could be confirmed months later when the clan got split.

I had my doubts about Aki's intentions but when i joined ULK again, i got to know that his main goal was to spy VU private boards to know further about VCCT tactics to ensure the final victory for ULK. He got his goal after all but in the other hand he ended up paying a high price that imo wasnt worth it. Everyone likes to win but winning like that shouldnt have a good taste.

I dont know a lot about XE though as i was only an admin and wasnt involved with management at all, but XE-ULK, ULK-XE everything was related, doesnt really matter . They ended up ruining both the clan and a server that used to have a +40 daily playercount. The main characters of this happening were Akiharu and Bishop, if old ULK members like HeAD, SGB, Hazz, Gulk etc were more active back then, they could have avoided all the split and drama these two players brought up to the clan and XE.

But anyway despite the bad things that happened. Everyone who was around that epoch, can agree with me when i say that those were fun and good days after all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:39:34 pm by JuaN. »
Agree Agree x 3 Winner Winner x 2 (list)