login
May 03, 2024, 02:15:27 am

Author Topic: what vcmp would've been if....  (Read 3907 times)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: what vcmp would've been if....
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2020, 09:08:09 am »
EC is literally a XE copy, they even took "european" i know a few old players that eventually came back and thought EC was a newer version of XE, they have added new features according to 0.4 version and recent updates yet they look so cool but XE at its top(2010-2013) > EC.

Copies will never be above the original.

PD: i hope someone could bring us back the XE european, XE american and XE canadian servers, amazing times xD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:09:53 am by JuaN. »
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2020, 09:25:28 am »
I like the idea of this game very, very much but I really have nothing to ask ???

Question

What would VC:MP have been if TRC did not disband when it did?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2020, 09:32:32 am »
More competitive and less homogenic
Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2020, 02:50:59 pm »

The community would be less insecure about itself.

Once the number of active, reputable clans dips below a certain number, or below a certain level of activity, people start getting worried.
Informative Informative x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

DiaZ

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2020, 03:26:24 pm »
EC is literally a XE copy

Copies will never be above the original.

I saw this type of comments for a year now and I resist myself to argue but it seems these comments is still coming from most of them.

In what case EC is same as XE? I don't see any similarity between both server except DM. I don't think XE copyrighted DM mode. In this case you can blame VKs, EA, and some other servers which based on DM copied XE as well. So I think it's better stop calling EC is a ripoff. EC is pure a hardwork from Human and Aaron from scratch. This just shows "HATE" towards EC. Play the server properly so you can differentiate both servers.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 03:28:04 pm by DiaZ »
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Inferno made this for me <3

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2020, 03:27:47 pm »
This just shows "HATE" towards EC.

Why does every negative comment about something have to be called hate in 2020 VCMP? Grow up people lol.
Agree Agree x 6 Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2020, 03:33:28 pm »

The community would be less insecure about itself.

Once the number of active, reputable clans dips below a certain number, or below a certain level of activity, people start getting worried.
VCMP is going to die, and I can feel it very soon, it can stay for another 5 years max, but the rate of new players is so low that current players will get bored and eventually leave.

Otherwise, if a miracle descends upon gta:connected when it becomes famous and people would try vice city in gta:c. then yes people would switch to gta:c, but there is only one dev ( jack powell ( vortrex does the advertisement stuff ) ) who barely keeps up with progress, he's done a great job so far and manages to release many versions in short timespan. I'm waiting until maxorator implements his mlv in that mod.
I also believe fighting there is no different than VCMP.

now that's for the future.

Edit: here is a rather interesting question, what vcmp would've been if there is only one server with 100 slots? and everybody playing there?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 03:40:06 pm by ripmemes »
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2020, 03:35:53 pm »
say UGMP again motherfucker
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 15 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2020, 03:38:30 pm »
say UGMP again motherfucker
??  :D
i was talking about gta:connected, umm must be nelson mandela effect.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2020, 04:05:59 pm »
Question

What would VC:MP have been if we'd reopened XE at the beginning of 2020?
It depends on many factors, but in general I think it wouldn't have worked so well due to that we had RTV on the top back then. I don't really think that people would have abandoned RTV that easily.

Now, if you ask me what would have it been if you sent aki to fuck off on that big discussion in 2018 and gone forth with riding the server on your own with your own staff; we would probably be playing on it nowadays.

Also, how would have been the way XE was reopened? With a big inspirational topic, funded by VU and a big project with an enormous staff behind leaded by you?
Or by some random guy around or people like Kiki?

that changes a lot the matter.

------------

I agree with Charley on Morphine with his question about TRC. But also a few details; If it didn't disband, nobody would have taken seriously the needing of creating new clans, so new waves and new projects wouldn't really exist nowadays like SkT and RT.

Agree Agree x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

lol55

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2020, 04:08:51 pm »
actually I dont mind people talking negatively about ec and calling it a XE copy but the reality we all know XE was released in 0.4 as well but what happened? i think some people have memory issues.
its 0.4 and believe me even if you bring XE back it will be dead as other servers(we saw the early release aswell) and whatever we say about EC but EC is the only and only DM server which is alive and running without any problems.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2020, 04:21:37 pm »
interesting

I guess I could accommodate an ultimate team though, TBA 8)
Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2020, 04:46:22 am »
question

What would have it been if stormeus never woke up and 0.4 was not released?

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2020, 08:12:53 am »
it would have been the end, definitely
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2020, 11:06:12 am »
question

What would have it been if stormeus never woke up and 0.4 was not released?

we would still be able to give those C key spamming shotgun whores what they deserve on VCDC with the Stubby Shotgun and its ghost shots.

i know i have cried about it a lot and im also a big moaner about it BUT PLEASE STORMOUSE IF YOU EVER READ THIS, RE-ADD GHOST SHOOTING AS IT WAS ON 0.3 PLEASE.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)