login
April 27, 2024, 11:54:13 am

Author Topic: VC:MP General situation  (Read 1625 times)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
VC:MP General situation
« on: January 20, 2022, 09:00:01 pm »
What's your opinion on the following matters?

• Gamemodes: Which gamemodes are the most boring / entertaining for you? Is there any gamemode you'd like to add to VC-MP?
  • Playercount: Do you think that the playercount is bad / regular / good? Do you think the situation might improve / worsen / stay the same?
  • Cheating: Do you believe cheaters are under control?
  • Anything else: What do you think VC:MP lacks? And what is something we can really appreciate and admire within VC:MP?
Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
Re: VC:MP General situation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 04:05:55 am »
  • Gamemodes: Every gamemode right now is unique in its own way, I appreciate every developer of these gamemodes. It literally takes alot of hardwork. CTF is my all time favorite gamemode
  • Playercount: Looking at the past few months ago, I think its fine I find +20~ players in a/d everyday. So yeah its kinda good. Rules should be lighten in few servers and even where I administrate(EC). EC probably has strictest rules after Argonath RPG.
  • Cheating: I see very less reports about cheating now, its under control for now.
  • Anything else: VC:MP lacks new development, new updates, it lacks in getting promoted among people. Other than that I admire the small community's unity even though having beefs, its what this game is for.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Roystang

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • rerere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:23:05 am »
Gamemodes: CNR I'd say would be my most fav gamemode in the list.

Playercount: Kewun's mass attacking to the servers affected VC:MPs average playercount.

Cheating: oh definitely, valve needs admins from vcmp servers for real.

Anything else: It is undeniable that VCMP has partially died and is still in the process but the fact that the community outside the servers is still active and its amazing. This community seems to never fall apart.
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

VCDC 6 Admin/Designer, VW8 Designer, VW9 Mod/Designer, VCDM Developer, VCCNR Admin, EG-A.D Moderator, RTV/TDW Admin

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 09:31:27 pm »
What do you think VC:MP lacks?

A good racing server, and I mean a really good one. We've given TDM so much love and have not really polished anything else and for years its been bugging me, bugging me enough that its the only thing that's really enticing me come out of retirement cuz I don't really see anyone attempting anything in that space in a very serious way.

Serious meaning:
  • A system that can build upon itself
  • Fun factor at 11/10
  • Vanity props to farm for so people sit on the server for hours rather than for an event

But outside that, in general what I think most new servers need in their design is to just be fun.

So to anyone that still wishes to make a new server for VC:MP, if whatever gamemode you're making cannot make you laugh when you're losing, please rethink the gamemode design.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 5 (list)

Hazard

• Crazy Man
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 07:14:11 pm »
Gamemodes: Everybody has their own choice in what game modes they like. I personally like KoTH, RTV, CTF & VCAD the most.
Playercount: It's fine but not going to increase in the future from my POV because often too hard for new comers to understand the gameplay and learn some basic fighting skills. They get killed by skilled players so hard that they decide to delete this game that's why most of the new comers just choose their way back to home after spending a few days in VC:MP. Atleast.. it's not going to increase in death matching servers..
Cheating: No, just want to say that hacks are way too strong due to some illiterate people who can't pass the Single player Vice City and accidently reach to VC:MP
Anything else: Developers can do a lot for VC:MP but they're just too lazy/busy
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 08:19:15 pm »
Devs or beta testers should take a look into the lag/stuttering issue that is currently occuring to some players including myself and which completely ruins the fun of the game especially when having hardware much more than capable of running VC:MP , yet the game looks like if it was being played on an Intel Pentium ll Xeon from 1998 or worse CPU and GPU.
This is a big problem to those that are experiencing it because the game isnt smooth as it should be, it looks like you are basically playing on LW server at times, due to the fps drops, stuttering and lag feeling, getting micro stutters when tracking enemies that mess with your aim, especially when there are some of them, the game gets basically unplayable sometimes.

This wasnt happening back in 2017-2018 or earlier years, i dont really know what the fuck is so wrong with this game at this moment and to those saying dgvoodoo fixes it i gotta tell them that it does NOT work for everyone, doesnt matter what version you use or how many times you install it or optimize it with different settings.

After looking into it for a while i could only find two potential solutions.

1- Going through the huge pain in the ass of installing windows 7 especially if you have new hardware, which is so problematic. i used to do this and it completely fixed and removed the fps drops and stuttering, the bad thing about it?
having to restart the pc everytime i wanted to play vcmp since i had to install w7 in another hard disk partition. W7 is so outdated and fucked up that not even discord wasnt working there nor other programs or applications, just vcmp working fine, and of course having to restart the pc once i was done with vcmp to get back on w10. = honestly, Fuck all of that process.

2- Dgvoodoo program, like i said this seems to be working for some people, it was also working for me till 2-3 weeks ago when all of a sudden all the lag, stuttering and fps drops were back. dunno what went wrong but it isnt working anymore doesnt matter what i do, even tried swapping GPUs and installing different dgvoodoo versions without any luck.

With that said, its really frustrating for one to see all of this happening as it completely kills the fun and makes people feel like not playing the game anymore to be honest, due to this crappy issue. I know a few players that have unistalled the game due to this problem. This issue MUST be fixed asap since its related to VC:MP not vanilla VC, VC runs perfectly and with zero lag nor stuttering, its all about VC:MP.

PD: Another potential solution to this but i forgot to write it, would be to increase the FPS limit since vanilla VC doesnt seem to lag compared to VC:MP servers but that might be because of the high FPS rate you get on vanilla VC and not on VC:MP since its capped to 60.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 08:28:40 pm by JuaN. »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

mairee

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 06:20:42 pm »
Anything else: Developers can do a lot for VC:MP but they're just too lazy/busy
From my POV, I have just given up due to three main reasons:
1. The VCMP developers don't give a fuck about their mod, I don't see the need to give one as well.
2. The VCMP server is actually buggy as fuck once you start developing in a proper way. There are so many unfixed bugs you have to find a workaround for, which sometimes takes more time to fix than to implement the feature itself.
3. After all of the effort you put in to polishing your server, there's one retard who's gonna crash it just because he found a loophole in RakNet.

This mod honestly deserves nothing better than general TDM servers with its toxic player base. The only reason I sometimes develop updates is because of some really really old friends who want to play the server. If it were up to me, VCCNR would have been whitelist only from a long time.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:23:13 pm by Xmair »
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 3 (list)

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Silent

• Fanatic
  • Chainsaw and Spaz better than Any Explosives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 11:41:18 am »
Add a Battle royal gamemode, thats what I would like to see
Agree Agree x 3 Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 01:01:32 pm »
Playercount: It's fine but not going to increase in the future from my POV because often too hard for new comers to understand the gameplay and learn some basic fighting skills.
That's quite true. If we evaluate how VCMP got its current playerbase:

1) Most of us come from a RPG background: Argonath or VCCNR. I think these servers are somewhat easier for a newbie to start with. Because you don't get a Stubby to the face on spawning.
Argonath has declined in recent years, causing a choke on incoming new players.
RPG servers need some love.

2) Some came here through a friend who taught them everything in VCMP. This takes a lot of hand holding, which is easier from an internet cafe to be honest.
Cafe players are looked down upon and insulted. There are not many mentors around anymore. This has to change.

3) LWs, VKs, GBoyz, EC. Traditional TDM servers. To be honest, I havent seen many newbies who start playing here and stay long enough as Hazard mentioned. They used to before, but not so much now. What has changed?

Perhaps admins are too strict on newbie hackers? We see someone flying around in god mode, it's an easy ban. With the UIDs available to us, that newbie is gone forever.
It's the natural chaos loved by GTA Players. We do that on GTA Single Player - demolish everything and make sprees on cops. A lot of players in their history mention "hacks", "bans" and general "fooling around" they did when they were kids. But the new kids don't get that chance due to improvements in administration.
This has to change. It's just a kid who's trying to have fun.
/ban noob69 hacks /ann noob69 no hacks bro

4) Round bases DM servers VCAD, KotH, RTV, CTF: These game modes are just not the place for noobs. They are impossible for newbies to understand and their presence ruins the balance of teams. Right now they are the most popular servers on the masterlist, so it's hard to get new players. I can't think of anything to fix that.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 08:35:28 pm »
Bots are now a thing in vcmp. Meaning a sort of training ground server is an option. Basically gamemode, if you're new, join this first, show people the ropes.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Gohan

• Vice War Contributor
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 12:04:29 am »
Playercount: I've seen that back in 2015 for example, new people were lack in vcmp.
Month per month new players started approaching but they never have tried gamemode servers for the first time, they joins LW and start slowly DM'ing.
I have tried, since I became more closer to servers staff, to promote vcmp as better as I could.
Did VW Cutscenes, did VCAD Production, MK CTF 6.0 Tutorials, Also VCAD Tutorials. We are now streaming VCAD Magna matches, also doing podcast. A lot of work to show other people what vcmp brings to the comunity.

Cheating: What can I say about cheats... Cheaters will appear now or in future, they did in the past, they got caught, they did in the present, they got caught... and in near future they surely will do, and people like me or others who wants to keep playing will clean the comunity, as much as they can on trying to catch them.

Anything else: People over vcmp has so much EGO, from the back of a keyboard we're all badass people, but you must understand a lot of things to improve a game comunity.
I think that VCMP has improved a lot since years ago, there's still people who think that they can be more than someone just for showing badass attitude towards other people.
When I was young in VCMP, it was a challenge, I wanted to gain the people respect. But after long time on the game I noticed that you just have to be mature, show others what you can offer, and they will give you respect.

I invite you to record your screen, and don't make useless videos of "RAPE ON ------ BECAUSE IM SO PRO / conveyor "... better do a frag video with good music at the background, put on the tittle "VCMP on 2022" and promote this game to keep growing up the playercount. At the end of the day, we will be doing a good thing to let vcmp still alive, more than not doing nothing and blaming the vcmp developers.

Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2022, 01:44:59 am »
So... that escalated quickly!

I am going to add my two cents about a topic I've been thinking since quite a while already.

Gamemode: I agree with aXXo's statement on VCAD's / KoTH's and so forth being difficult towards newbies due to their nature.

I do also consider that RPG is digging a grave slowly, and it's way far from what it used to be (PunkNoodle, Gohan, Milko are just a few who came here through that hole).

Most of you see may latinos in Brasil RPG, but these latinos ain't newbies, they are actually just people that meet in a server where their language could be spoken. VCCNR becomes then often the server that brings more newbies towards the community, but it's a low percentage since playerbase in this server is low and newbies wouldn't join an empty server.

Perhaps admins are too strict on newbie hackers? We see someone flying around in god mode, it's an easy ban. With the UIDs available to us, that newbie is gone forever.
It's the natural chaos loved by GTA Players. We do that on GTA Single Player - demolish everything and make sprees on cops. A lot of players in their history mention "hacks", "bans" and general "fooling around" they did when they were kids. But the new kids don't get that chance due to improvements in administration.

I sort of feel like this is correct. Surfing around other games that lack player base, bans are enforced according to the experience of the player and the broken rule. A simple hack, easily discoverable, might be worth a 1-day ban, and so that boy will join again the day after, this time without a cheat - that instead of a 1-2 weeks ban, able to piss him enough not to join the game ever again.

However... Link

Anything else:

I felt the need of bringing back Charley's idea. It's never late to re-think about a thing we have not tested yet.

Cause

You might say that it's because Vice City is an old-ass game, and VC:MP is outdated or buggy. Or that we have outdated gamemodes. Fine, but that's always been the case. People have been making that same argument since the day that VC:MP was born.

Take a look at the official VC:MP forum. This is the first point of contact for anyone new to the mod. It is a graveyard. It's a boring, semi-forgotten wasteland of half-literate randomers. I put it to you that this is the main problem.

More than the servers themselves, I agree with the bold statement. We could simply do the experiment, and search Vice City Multiplayer like any newbie would do:

Dig into the forum a little bit, you will figure out how abandoned it looks like. There's even a topic posted 15 days ago asking for help and nobody did reply, lol.

There's a complete debate on the topic posted above, where main points about the disadvantages of not having an active forum are exposed. Charley is someone that's been around for quite a while, and knows about dealing with dead games and declining playerbases. Perhaps bringing his idea again might help us recognize his experience on the matter and listen to him, something that we did ignore earlier and since then no changes have been brought to VC-MP - instead, just a worse income of new players.

After 12 years of witnessing people complain about inactivity in VC:MP, I think it is time that take this issue into our own hands.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:50:40 am by Vedder »

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

habla

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 02:22:37 pm »
it will never get any better, this is peak time. (and honestly who cares)

make vicewar not world-war
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

son_of_habla VCMP sucks
habla ey, that's how I met your mother

Spiller

• Vice War Contributor
  • Regular
  • Easymode Criminal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 06:01:20 pm »
Came here to fix a link on one of my old posts actually. I don't feel the need to comment on the status quo since everyone is well aware of how fucked up it is.

Also thought to refer to Juan's problem because I hear people struggling with this all the time. Seems like it can be fixed with some tweaks, if anyone happens to be facing the same problem, I summed everything into this topic.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:10:57 pm by Spiller »
Winner Winner x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Grand_Master

• Do namaz or burn in hell!
    • View Profile
    • VCMPeople
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 11:04:36 am »
Gamemodes: Most boring is roleplay. I like rp games, but vice city is action oriented game. Rp here is for absolutely autistic people. There are enough DM/TDM servers. I want battle royal and good racing server, although miami dade racing was empty.
Playercount: Main problem is not how many playing, thing is their quality and quality of vcmp players are very bad. Situation won't improve.
Cheating: In a way yes, cheaters are under control. That means server owners allow them to play otherwise vcmp playercount become LU, some hackers even admins (spitfire). I'm sure most players who pretending as pro with gaming mouse\keyboard actually using different kind of lag tools, speed hacks, antiknock, aimbots, macros and vcmp staff ok with that. This is biggest vcmp problem, even official gta online has many cheaters and you pretend as the only cheaters in unofficial vcmp (also not supporting by devs) is newbies with trainer 2012, yea of course.
Anything else: Vcmp lacks justice, honor, dignity, perfectionism. If i be vcmp developer, most of you would be banned on every public server.
Funny Funny x 5 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)