April 24, 2024, 08:05:31 pm

Author Topic: Application - McJohnn  (Read 3669 times)

Jokah

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Tomorrow is a loser's excuse, do it today.
    • View Profile
    • Vice City Cops & Robbers
Re: Application - McJohnn
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 05:19:00 pm »
 <&RastySpoon> [3] McJohnn: Pakisthan bomb

We got pakistani members here, they were offended by this..
Agree Agree x 6 Funny Funny x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VCCNR Developer | VCDC 6 Coordinator | VU since 2015

Think 100 times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man. - M.

MaddyV

• Fanatic
  • tnx chicken for proteins
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 05:26:26 pm »
<&RastySpoon> [3] McJohnn: Pakisthan bomb

We got pakistani members here, they were offended by this..

I'm really sorry guys. I didn't mean to harm one's feelings. I promise not to joke about any religion or any country. Hope I'm forgiven. I realize that it was an immature joke. No racism intended. :(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:30:51 pm by MaddyV »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 05:32:52 pm »
Met the guy today,
I vote Trainee:thumbsup:

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 03:35:33 am »
Met the guy today,
I vote Trainee:thumbsup:

Thijn, maybe we should add a 'look who it fucking is!' post rating button  ;D
Agree Agree x 9 Funny Funny x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 01:11:45 pm »
3/4th of VCMP community sometimes tells this sort of humour-related jokes. Hell, how many times did you tell something bad about an Indian/Pakistani/anyone else from another country? Yeah, exactly.
Being offended by Maddy saying 'pakhistansi bomb' without even giving the context of his message (e.g did he respond to another VU member? maybe to a Pakistani?) for what he said (that's not even close to being racist) is just a reason to vote him no. If you don't want him in, then say no instead of finding reasons that are dumb as fuck.
Agree Agree x 5 Disagree Disagree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 4 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 05:24:33 pm »
It's enough guys, dramatic and offensive posts were removed.
The topic is locked till we take a decision related to Maddy's application, while then if some other member wanna change his vote there's the private poll and our private section to give opinions, thanks.
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 3 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 01:40:24 am »
Maddy,

After having discussed the application in our private forum, we've come to a decision. Whilst some members do have faith in your ability to become a good VU, others do not. In fact, some members would be very unhappy if you were to be accepted, they have very strong feelings against you. Ultimately, there was no agreement between your proponents and opponents. In cases where a few VUs would be very unhappy if an applicant were to be accepted, and when no one stands up for said applicant as being outstanding, we choose to favour clan cohesion over gaining a new member. That is, we are a family, and family comes first, outsiders second. In order to keep the family together, we have to respect the wishes of each of our members, and not take risks that will piss them off, if none of us believe that a given risk will (almost) definitely pay off. And so your application is denied.

A few words on when you should think about re-applying. I am not going to say 're-apply in a month', because the amount of time is not important. What is important, if you still want to be a part of this clan, is that you win over those members who do not want you here. You have to gain their respect. Let me give you some advice: kissing their asses is not going to work. Their opinions about you are not based on how you act towards them, they're based on how you act towards others. Some people have observed that to old players, members of decent clans and admins you act very nicely, but that to new players you sometimes act like a bit of a dick. If this is true, you should remember that new players are what keeps this game alive, new players are people who we should be encouraging to join this community, who we should be respecting and showing VC:MP's possibilities. If you improve in this area, and show that it's a sustained improvement, not just a mask that you wear for a week or two, then you will gain the respect of the members who do not want you here. Your actions do not go unnoticed.
Agree Agree x 13 Winner Winner x 2 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts