March 28, 2024, 03:32:36 pm

Author Topic: Split Team Discussion  (Read 1864 times)

Tobi0

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • I need to improve? I will improve
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Triumvirate Split Team Discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 02:47:00 pm »
Reply removed - WiLsOn

Edit: requesting to everyone, let it be as it is no change is required because event isn't promising anymore, i am pretty sure many players already losing interest including me because we are back again old vice war, i forgot that it's vcmp community having mature conversation always lead to fights and drama, peace out.

Event will be promising, I will make it promising because I will make Tobi0 team if there aren't 4 team before beta test.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 02:54:20 pm »
Hello, you might have misunderstood the purpose of this topic - it is merely for player registration, not creating a drama and a shitstorm like what is currently being achieved in this topic.

Please move somewhere else after this reply. At the very least - it would be nice if you had done so and I would force you if I could, but I can't, as this is your forum.

In this post I am not speaking as a representative of Vice War, I am speaking just as myself.

I would like to encourage the Triumvirate to split into more than one gang. The point of Vice War 7 is to have a brawl between many different teams, not for one team to create a super-alliance and dominate. The Triumvirate in its current state goes against the spirit of Vice War 7, it makes it less fun. By creating a super-alliance you will probably win, sure, but winning is not everything. What's the point of victory if the battle wasn't fun? This is a game, after all.

You may scream 'WELL IT'S NOT AGAINST THE RULES', but let's be honest, most of us are adults, we shouldn't need everything to be written down in rules. We should be mature enough to understand the point of something and then contribute to its success accordingly.

Please think carefully about how interesting this game could be, and how boring you are making it.

The Triumvirate in its current state goes against the spirit of Vice War 7

Yes - and Vice War 7 goes against the spirit of the Vice War event, which in all it's editions was always about 2 teams fighting each other - not players creating their own teams.

But I realise this is not an actual answer to what you are saying above.

Had The Triumvirate (or some alternative form of it) not applied, this event would most likely still be dead in terms of registrations.

Had multiple small teams been formed (which I heavily doubt), The Wolf Pack would not split voluntarily, in fact - most likely even if asked, they still wouldn't.

By creating a super-alliance you will probably win

Is it a super-alliance? It is just 3 clans, hence the name - The Triumvirate. We did not force anyone to apply, and we are very thankful to those who choose to support us and are not going to force them out or lobby for some sort of team division. No.

What's the point of victory if the battle wasn't fun? This is a game, after all.

So it is OUR responsibility to make the event fun for you? It is OUR duty to adjust to YOU?

Why do WE have to do anything at all? Why can't YOU try to adjust to US?

It is up to the team captains, leaders - the team members to get more people to assist in their cause.

Currently, we have the numbers majority - but if, instead of going in here and complaining would you actually try to do something to fix it, this problem perhaps wouldn't exist.
Such was the case in Vice War 6 - people on teamchat were saying that we're outnumbered, that we'll lose, it's all meaningless. Sure. So what? Either give up, or fight it.

let's be honest, most of us are adults, we shouldn't need everything to be written down in rules. We should be mature enough to understand the point of something and then contribute to its success accordingly.

What's the point of victory if the battle wasn't fun? This is a game, after all.

I assume that VU went by this logic while choosing their "Damn Roofers" map for the clan war?

If we try to villify people with such statements, let's make sure that we haven't done the same things in the past.

Please think carefully about how interesting this game could be, and how boring you are making it.

This is a free market, amigo. People have chosen to apply here instead of forming their own alliances and teams, and of course I thank all of those who have done so and will not support splitting the team or force anyone to change it.

The surge of applications we got early on was because we were the only team available.

But do you understand why were you the only team available?

Also, what surge of applications, except for VU members and a very small amount of other-clanned people? Only after this team formed have you received a surge in applications of people willing to play against us.

People willing to play against us and NOT willing to create their own teams - and such people make up a huge % of the community.

The team you created is not a biker gang. It is a bandwagon.

We have not created a "bandwagon". We did not force those who have applied to apply.

We will not deny players when they are willing to join us.

Tbh I would have preferred the old fashioned style VW that everyone knows and loves.

So would I - at least then, there would be no complaining after the event regarding the team system and how we ruined it, because it would be "predefined" - 2 teams.

Best vicewar, no hating, or no shit, just fun.

http://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?board=111.0

http://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?board=126.0

Let's face it this team is built on grudges and hating on VU, i don't care who join who, as long as people are mature enough to understand what game mode is that is called real vice war, but end of the day let's everyone have fun and hate VU, may your dick grow even more after hating.

I'm slightly irritated.

Best vicewar, no hating, or no shit, just fun.

Of course, different times. You see, when people were losing then, they wouldn't resort to admin powers or posting on forums, they'd deal with the situation. In-game.

Let's face it this team is built on grudges and hating on VU

What grudges, and what hating VU? You are the ones holding grudges, pal.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I have personally reached out to GangstaRas or perhaps other VU members trying to normalize relations with VU.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that we're not the ones calling you wall-hack users or cheaters.

In fact, I'm pretty sure we're the ones who resumed playing on EAD without even getting apologized. We might live in 2017 and it might be a weird era, but I am pretty sure that anyone who has been banned for "using 3rd party programs to edit game memory" for a year around 6 months after the fact based on a video posted before the server's existence and was also unbanned before that duration even passed just because a server event was coming would want an apology.

end of the day let's everyone have fun and hate VU, may your dick grow even more after hating.

Yeah, I don't really see VU being hated in this topic.

In fact, the only person who I see hating is you with personal attacks:

If VW staff is going you tell you meaning of every single thing, then i guess we should give you dummy so you can suck on it whenever you have any question, as far as drama goes, don't make me start again giving out large ass lectures, and i am talking to TRC member, he's far more mature than any SS, thank you.

Please, forum administrators, help.

Edit: requesting to everyone, let it be as it is no change is required because event isn't promising anymore, i am pretty sure many players already losing interest including me because we are back again old vice war, i forgot that it's vcmp community having mature conversation always lead to fights and drama, peace out.

How can you go inside a topic, shit all over it and then leave saying that "mature conversations lead to fighting and dramas"? You are the one causing them. You are the cause of all of them.

Let me restate again: please quit posting in this topic if you do not wish to apply or point out things about a specific applicant, such as the fact that he applied in multiple teams, for example.

Thanks.
Agree Agree x 5 Winner Winner x 3 Pwnt Pwnt x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 03:01:39 pm »
Personal attacks? if i am not wrong i was targeting entire members of your team until XGamer came and said it's not like what i think, no hate or whatever, again if i am not wrong, Eddy himself targeted me and said i am responsible for this drama or that drama, not going to mention about EAD anything since Vicewar and EAD far from being same, so yeah this is not right place to discuss about anything EAD.

One thing i agree with you think it would be better if any admin can move replies to any other topic, if anyone was offended with what i said i am truly sorry, my aim was to save event so everyone can have fun, as Charley mentioned it's not about wining or losing, its about having fun, peace out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:04:11 pm by WiLsOn »
Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 6 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 03:12:34 pm »
what a load of indecisiveness...

initially, the public opinion on the matter of having more than two gangs compete in Vice War was mostly negative ("oh my god more than 2 gangs is inconvenient as shit because confusion and in conclusion everyone should join the hosting body's team just because")

now, the public opinion on the matter has changed to "oh my god we have competition and our competitors are better at gathering participants so split your gang into more than 1 because what the fuck"

make up your fucking minds will you..
Agree Agree x 10 Funny Funny x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Tobi0

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 03:17:35 pm »
How about splitting both Wolf Pack and The Triumvirate in 4 teams?
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 5 Funny Funny x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »
lol wtf

@Tobio: and what will happen after that? Surely our team would still be the most powerful. Keep it splitting and we'll end up with a ViceWar FFA. :(

/edit: I understand the paranoia, but what's been done has been done. Why make changes now and cause more mass confusions?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:39:02 pm by Milko »
Funny Funny x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 03:38:25 pm »
How about splitting both Wolf Pack and The Triumvirate in 4 teams?
how about no vw this year?
Disagree Disagree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 5 (list)

KILLERX.

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 03:39:03 pm »
why split? get some players for your Wolfpack VUs
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:46:12 pm by KILLERX. »
Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 03:49:09 pm »
Everyones just hot-headed. Take a breather, no need to be hostile or passive-agressive. Whatever of the past, let it go. This has been frustrating for both but its important we see everything for what it was/is and not from the tunnel vision of our own opinions. So I'll start from the top.

We make VW7 and announce to the community. Mutiple groups can be made, unlimited group members.

People did not like the idea. We ask why, some gave legit concerns about balance but many just didnt want multiple groups cuz it was out of the norm.

Two people made a group initially and I declined them both. One was just blatantly not following instructions and the other was because the they made an incomplete application. Because the flags are integral to this new game mode I didnt want anyone to make a group with promise of a flag, then that group gains traction and a flag never comes. We not gonna break a feature because none arrived in time and we not gonna shutdown a group with members joined to tell them go find another  so it was best to keep the standard and act quickly. Hope the community understands that.

Wolf Pack made, allowing everyone to join, creating this potentially giant monopoly. Half the community sees it, wonders what to do about it.

The Triumvirate is made, regardless original intent of design, registers as a group for all as well. People unable to create a group for whatever reason or people unwilling to, flocked to this group as the opposition.

I made Free Conglomerate out of complaint of no options for the denied which in this case would be people like WK should they wish to apply, cuz neither group wants them in and if they cant make one for themselves, this is it for them.

We now at this applications group writing requests for splits.

Look at what i said and see the errors. Some things shouldve come before others. Mistakes that added up from both and as Morphine stated, we have indecisiveness.

I dont mind the asking for changes and Im not saying the community is innocent, but the blaiming when we digged ourselves into our own hole, nah. If its gonna be like that to them here, better we just play. We allowed this freedom and the implementation beforehand didnt quite allow for workable options.

Agree Agree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

Tobi0

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 04:04:32 pm »
lol wtf

@Tobio: and what will happen after that? Surely our team would still be the most powerful. Keep it splitting and we'll end up with a ViceWar FFA. :(

/edit: I understand the paranoia, but what's been done has been done. Why make changes now and cause more mass confusions?
But there will be 4 teams not 2, at the end even if there were alliances between them just 1 will win so alliances could be  disintegrated at last moment.

Vice War VIII, there will be unlimited teams of 3 players each one fighting for the control of different islands. (It may be a real suggestion xD)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:10:08 pm by Tobi0 »
Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 04:30:46 pm »
Seriously this is problem that it will be The Triumvirate vs The Wolf Pack? That was during the last 6 editions (I mean two teams) and nobody died because of it. If players want it again - why not. After all, it's just a game. Still better to fight in the game than here.

I made Free Conglomerate out of complaint of no options for the denied which in this case would be people like WK should they wish to apply, cuz neither group wants them in and if they cant make one for themselves, this is it for them.

Free Conglomerate will probably fail. At the moment, it's only there Karan right? :D Btw. If WK will apply, I'm almost sure they will be in The Triumvirate team, but tbh I don't think so they will apply this year.
Agree Agree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 04:33:58 pm »
Btw. If WK will apply, I'm almost sure they will be in The Triumvirate team, but tbh I don't think so they will apply this year.
WK is not taking part this year.
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Avenger

• Regular
    • View Profile
Funny Funny x 21 Winner Winner x 6 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 03:08:27 am »
Ah jesus.

Everyone seems to have ignored this:

So let's work together to make this balanced.

My comments weren't an attack on you guys personally, they were out of concern for the game balance, and with the desire to cooperatively come to some sort of solution for the sake of this game. I offered a couple of possible solutions that appear to have been completely ignored, and instead everyone is playing the blame game.

Rational discourse and mutual respect seems to be outside the reach of this community nowadays. Eddy, thank you for your reasoned responses. Everyone else, I don't know what to say... Grow up, I guess.
Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2017, 03:23:39 am »
a playercount limit should have been set on the get-go
it's too late now...
Agree Agree x 3 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)