Author Topic: XE  (Read 34637 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: XE
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2016, 07:41:51 am »
what a drag
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2016, 12:56:47 pm »
aaaaaaand rip xe again
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Deadmau5

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Real Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2016, 01:28:00 pm »
Make two XE'S

XE ULK

XE VU

:v
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 (list)

If you didnt receive an invite yet, means they don't want you. :-X By aXXo

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »
someone lock the topic already, its fucking useless
none from the XE staff wants XE to be back, What I see is XE's staff trying to Stop anyone making XE
Thanks and have a great day
Agree Agree x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

aki

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2016, 06:08:37 pm »
Charley, when you get a chance, please respond to points raised by aXXo, Drake, Gangstaras, Honor and Fercho. They have covered everything that I wanted to say.

Charley, could you elaborate the head of the leadership structure that you suggested?

My understanding is that there is always a de facto owner of every community. That is the person who pays for stuff and has the root access to the host. How do you plan to dissolve this position?

1) At the very core of what I suggested was that the old management structure, or 'legacy infrastructure' as you've put it, Aki, should be abandoned. Ownership over XE, including the forums, the server and the brand should be transferred to the community. No more 'advisors', 'managers', 'head admins', levels 3, 5, 6, 7 etc. No more behind-closed-doors decisions, and no one, single person who has ultimate control over the whole thing simply by virtue of their hosting and having administrative control over the forum. What XE needs is a balanced, fluid system that can hold its members to account, and not be dictated by any one member of staff.
I totally disagree about this point and I have told you the same while we were discussing in IRC too.
What do you exactly mean by 'transferring to the community'? Whatever the case, there is always one person to do all these stuffs.
No more ranks? You exactly said, 'Server Coordinator', 'Managing Admins', 'Admins' and 'Moderators'. Aren't these ranks?
I believe that making decisions privately is not very appropriate but that's how it works out everytime, everywhere.
As you are saying, 'single person who has ultimate control', there is no one having ultimate control actually. There are 4 ranks currently, 'Developing Managers', 'Managers', 'Admins' and 'Moderators', but Developing Managers and Managers have just one single difference and that is being involved in the development of the server, that's really it. Both are almost same ranks. Nobody is having ultimate control over the system, as you said, if the staff decides to remove someone, it would be done, either me, aki or you.
If you think that aki having control over hosting and forums would have the ultimate control, that isn't the case, if the staff decides he should be removed but he having control over the server wouldn't let that happen, the whole staff should just abandon him and start everything new, there is always an option.
I believe that you want to give everyone a chance in the staff but you better know that all people want is 'higher ranks' and that's it. If you think you would give a chance to people who haven't even contributed for the server, how can we trust them to contribute later on?
I said already and I would say again, this isn't the best option.

What you have offered me is a place in the current overly hierarchical system wherein you remain unaccountable and in ultimate control. Oh, and I can bring along a few friends. It completely disregards the whole thrust of what I have put forward.
I believe it looks as if aki has ultimate control but trust me, you are wrong. I have already said that aki doesn't have the ultimate control just because he is involved in hosting stuffs. You and I have been offered to be as 'Developing Manager', the same position as aki which doesn't mean that 'Developing Managers' are superior than 'Managers', if that's what you mean.

2) 'Drake came to me first', that's like saying 'yeah, well he started it!'. As an apparently responsible party to this issue, you should have suggested he wait, and to see how the discussion here developed, just as I did. You exercised a double standard, demanding that I wait for you, but then not waiting for me. It is utterly astounding how you use the argument of 'urgency' in this case, when this is something that you have been speaking against since you first posted here, and you have taken 11 days to give one contribution to our so-called 'conversation'.
I just wanted to fast up the process, because I have said already, I would have less time after my school reopens and I see that's what is going to happen. But yes, I was the one to PM aki about my situation and he isn't to be blamed for it, please. I thought that you(Charley) wouldn't mind about this, but I guess I was wrong. If you remember, I asked you to join IRC as I wanted to discuss about this but you said you were busy and I wasn't able to tell you everything about this with just a forum PM.
Please, don't think aki is upto something else, because that's not the case at all. He really wants to collaborate with you and me and I trust him when he says that he works the whole day and even on weekends which obviously would take sometime to reply here. Even you said you are busy the whole day working and just get sometime during night.

3) If you had listed these terms of yours soon after I agreed to pause development for you, it would have been a good first step in negotiation. Instead, you waited this long and posted a list of proposals that, in my opinion, are self-evidently problematic. I would have liked to work through the problems with you, but honestly, if it's taken you this long to post these, and they're in the form they are, then I don't think I have the patience. If I had just ignored you and rolled with my original plans, I could have XE open and running right now. I've taken a look at the process of converting the script, it would take no more than 6 hours. I could have opened up a new forum, had a bunch of new staff, and we would all be playing XE right now. I put this all on pause after realising that such an action would be disrespectful, that I should engage in conversation with you and the 'current' XE staff. But this 'conversation' has driven me to my wit's end, dude. This isn't fun anymore, it's just a slow, boring, frustrating mess.
As I said, believe him when he says that he is busy IRL, just more than you.
Lastly, Charley please don't get pissed off, let's just proceed already dude. It's already been a while since this discussion started and don't forget, this is just a game.

That's all I wanted to say, and I think we really should have a live discussion about this matter in the IRC, things will get alot easier to understand. I would really suggest Charley and aki to have a live conversation about this in IRC and take it as a request from my side.

Thank you.

EDIT: As per Charley wants me to stop the development of the script, I have stopped it until this discussion comes to an agreement.

Charley, could you elaborate the head of the leadership structure that you suggested?

My understanding is that there is always a de facto owner of every community. That is the person who pays for stuff and has the root access to the host. How do you plan to dissolve this position?
This

The way how I registered what Charley wants reminded me of how Open Source software works. The community literally builds and contributes to the software's code, design, almost everything and makes it better. But there still is and have to be some executive body behind it all that accepts/denies what's coming in so its hard for me to picture

By the way,One thing needs to be adressed

I think your lack of apology after not replying for 11 days is rude, I think you've ignored most of what myself and others put forward in this thread

But

Actually I wasn't aware that Aki is still active, I thought he had essentially abandoned VC:MP and XE.
This does change things

So you were going to do things in your way without asking any of us(xe staff).Untill the point you said this,you didnt mind aki responding to this.I think this is quite obvious what Im pointing out here.

And I think only one point summerize why you dont wish to do it:Things didnt process as you expected.So no.Inputs of people around here has no relation to aki.He has to wait to say on behalf of us.

After your latest post I have obtained a different concept about your general point about reviving XE, and to be frank I'm pretty disappointed to see your reaction to the post that you "demanded" in such a hurry. Basically we (xe existing staff) actually want to collaborate with you, or don't you realize that we literally offered to give you and Drake full access? Same position that Akiharu and George hold.

Moreover, in aki's post people from our xe current team and so some of your applicants agreed. In fact, both sides inclined to agree at most with our suggestions including Drake. Now, the community you're talking of in your "proposed system" has agreed, so I do not understand what is your goal now, it seems now that you want to set up your own system, your own rules and your own decisions. You're the one who speaks of democracy, and with your opinions you show a contradictory image about yourself.

This sounds like total control by one person to me, a fact you can't hide just by calling yourself  "server coordinator."
Still we hope you to think clear, accurate and meaningful ideas to make a succesful collaboration.

To summarize, and if you read my post again, the XE team is basically offering you and Drake full management access. I will repeat it again, full management access. Really not sure what more we can offer beyond this. Again, please respond to the posts above, as they cover everything that I would like to discuss at this stage.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2016, 06:13:14 pm »
Kinda hoping this gets ditched as it won't get anywhere apparently.

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2016, 06:28:38 pm »
fuck it, morphine and I will just bring back Vice Legends instead
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 8 Pwnt Pwnt x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2016, 07:33:44 pm »
Marcell has a big dick?
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

HeLLHounD

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2016, 07:37:01 pm »
Daymmmm this shit has gone crazy

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2016, 08:20:40 pm »
Marcell has a big dick?
That server, It's content, Marcell and Marcell's big dick are a property of Argonath RPG © All Rights Reserved, and not affiliated with ViceLegends.
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2016, 10:50:54 pm »
Marcell has a big dick?
Argonath test server by yours truly mapper team.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Abdula001

• Regular
  • Gib Moni Plos
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2016, 12:10:35 am »
VC:MP Drama 2016 go eat some kebab and accept or deny the offer ez pz O0 O0 O0
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2016, 04:10:21 pm »
It seems that I have communicated badly in this thread - I haven't explained my thoughts clearly enough, and that has led to a lot of misunderstanding.

I apologise for offending anyone, but my intentions were good. I came into this under the impression that the current XE staff were 1) essentially non-existent and 2) had failed in keeping the server alive. I can see that point 1 was misjudged, although all evidence points towards 2 still being true (despite the other causes of the server dying, if they were so great then there would be no alternative servers alive today). My solutions to point 2 were designed to challenge the system that I perceive to have led to the failure of the server, not to challenge any of the individuals who made up/make up that system. I did not wish to upset or betray anyone here.

I could answer all of the questions posed in the above posts, and I do feel that I have good answers for all of them. However, one thing has become clear to me, and that's that (history aside) Aki and I have different methods of communicating and decision-making, and that a collaboration between the two of us would be very difficult. This is not his fault, and it's not my fault, we just operate differently.

Like I said at the end of my last post, this isn't fun anymore. I didn't wish for this to cause drama, nor do I want to prolong the drama now that it has erupted. So I'm not gonna pursue this.

I would love XE to open again, and if the current XE staff with the help of Drake can do that, then I would be thrilled.

For now I'll stick to playing on EC which, despite not being as good as XE, is still a pretty good server.

Good luck guys, I genuinely hope you can make this work :)

P.s. Yes to Vice Legends  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:12:41 pm by Charley »
Informative Informative x 3 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2016, 06:34:41 am »
ok now bring back XE.
Agree Agree x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

pene

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2016, 11:10:46 pm »
>go on xe
>notice it's still dead

Great work, you managed to kill the only chance to revive XE by holding onto what little power you had left in that community you stupid fucks. Wish Charley just went ahead and started this.
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts