login
March 28, 2024, 10:00:46 pm

Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 7379 times)

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Capture the Flag
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:26:09 am »

IP:  5.135.145.71:5196
Hosted by:  Sky-City Hosting
Number of players slots: 100
Scripts:  [ CTF v4.0 ] by Nilz and Nexus
IRC Channel:  #MK.CTF on LUnet
Server Forumhttp://ctf.vc-mp.net

This server intends to bring more diversity to VCMP's game modes, introducing a different game mode other than TDM and DM. It's not a new gamemode for anyone who has played multiplayer FPS games these last few years. The concept is the same, there are two teams, one must capture the enemy's flag and bring it to their team's base where there will be a drop-zone which will be a barrel pickup. When the time limit ends, the team with the most points will be the winner. You gain 10 points for each sucessful flag capture, and 1 point for each kill. You'll receive 5 aditional points for each 5 kill spree you make. Every time a round ends, the server will automatically teleport players to the lobby and start a new round on a new arena. You can see some of the available arenas here and all of the available weapon packs here. We also have few custom maps that can be played as arenas that were built by our staff team with various game models. If you have a new idea for a new arena/base feel free to make a suggestion here.

Useful links

- Staff team
- Support
- Webstats
- Server rules
- Server and IRC commands

F.A.Q.

Why can't I pick up the flag?
To pick up the flag you have to stay still on top of it for 3 seconds.

I have captured the flag but how do I drop it?
To drop the flag and score points for your team, you have to go back to your spawn where you will see a barrel, just go over it and the flag will be dropped.

Why does the server keep killing me when I spawn?
If that happens, that means you're trying to spawn on a team that has too many players, spawn with a skin from the other team to balance the teams.

Why can't I spawn with the builder skin?
The builder skin is there only for testing purposes and building bases so you won't be able to spawn with it unless you have atleast level 4.

How can I change my weapons pack? I used the !pack command but it didn't work
You have to choose your weapon pack before the round starts with the command !pack <id>. If you see a loading bar on the bottom right of your screen, that means the server is waiting for you to choose your weapons pack, if you don't choose any, you will be given the default weapon pack. You can use the !packs command to see what each pack contains. If the round has already started you can use the !changepack command once.

Sometimes my character starts jumping/floating, is this a bug?
When that happens, that means you've hit the world boundaries limits set by the server for that specific arena, every fighting location has different boundaries in different places, this was done on purpose so that players don't leave the fighting territory, it's not a bug.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:28:59 am by Fercho »
Agree Agree x 4 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Capture the Flag
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:59 am »

Capture The Flag v5.0 Public Beta

On behalf of the CTF server staff team, we would like to invite everyone to the public beta test of the new version of the of the script. CTF 5.0 is brand new version that's been in development for the past 5 months and has finally reached beta status. It's been rewritten from scratch in Java and has tons of new features.  And a new look too! The purpose of this public beta test is to identify unknown bugs with the script. Since we just reached beta, there will be bugs and there will be some missing features, but overall the main features are there, and much much more! Come join in on the fun! Server IP and additional information can be found here
Winner Winner x 4 Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sk

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • #VU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 06:09:44 am »
Wow nice work guys will give it a try.

le pro
http://i.imgur.com/j6yise0.png

Krediit Kokcex

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 06:12:06 am »
now the time and score looks more like dota/wow :DDDD
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Rami^

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 12:05:29 pm »
Looks promising this time.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 09:36:17 pm »
Guys I just played on the server for the first time, and I have to say, it's awesome!

My hat goes off to anyone involved in the creation of the server, it's really fun. The pace is good and the bases are well thought out, it reminds me a little of Unreal Tournament.
Agree Agree x 6 Funny Funny x 1 Friendly Friendly x 3 Late Late x 4 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 04:15:46 am »
In the next few months, if everything goes well, we will be moving to CTF5.0 completely and shutting down CTF4.0.

Before CTF4.0 is shut down, if you'd like to transfer your CTF4.0 stats to your CTF5.0 acount, follow these steps:
  • Create an account on the CTF5.0 server with the same name of your CTF4.0 account
  • Join CTF4.0 and use the command /ctf5pass <password> (that <password> will be your new CTF5.0 account's password )
That's it.

Bear in mind though, after doing this, your stats will not be transfered immediately to CTF5.0 server, they will be transfered when CTF4.0 is shut down. So if you use the ctf5pass command and then join CTF5.0 and notice that your stats are not there, that is normal, they will only be transfered when CTF4.0 is shut down.

Any player that doesn't use the /ctf5pass command will not have their stats transfered from CTF4.0 to CTF5.0, so don't forget to do this as soon as possible, if you want to mantain your stats!
more info: http://ctf.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=870.0
Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 2 Useful Useful x 2 (list)

SpiralRock

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 04:48:59 pm »
Its good to see a lot of bugs are fixed. I'd like to suggest few things for the better game-play. Consider this post as constructive criticism:

1. Before the round starts, script should count the total number of players and on the basis of that the script should suggest valid bases for voting for that player count. What I meant is that, some bases are good for 10v10 public matches and some are overwhelmed with 10v10.

2. Each team should play the base voted for from both sides in turn. Not all bases are fair for one side. So, its 2 rounds per base. This also goes for competitive match-making.

3. All teleports should be removed. It ruins the game-play. I suggest hire mappers to create stairs around short buildings. Some teleports are too OP. Bases that allows teleports to enter them should be completely removed. I guess SS should now agree LOL for what happened in VU vs SS. These are also knows as duct-tape bases. If not removed, they should be not allowed to picked in competitive matches. If TP's are not removed, then they should be removed in competitive matches.

4. The walls are too cramped, it doesn't allows free movement. It becomes a clusterfuck for sets with snipers and doesn't allows movement for tactical game-play and defensive maneuvers.

5. Picking up flags should have increased timer of 2-3 seconds, but defenders must spawn far away from their own flags. Also script should check for fps for the flag capturer and it shouldn't go below 25.

6. Sets need balancing to great extent. Spaz and ruger is a joke. Set limits should not be just for the rpg set but also for all other sets.

7. A gamemode other than freeroam should never have wallglitch enabled. It's unfair with lots of wallhackers, guys who raped their textures for the game.

These are just my opinions. I hope you guys discuss these within your own forum and management.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:54:20 pm by SpiralRock »
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:13:20 pm »
Also add chainsaw
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 3 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 07:09:10 pm »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 07:53:17 pm »
Its good to see a lot of bugs are fixed. I'd like to suggest few things for the better game-play. Consider this post as constructive criticism:

1. Before the round starts, script should count the total number of players and on the basis of that the script should suggest valid bases for voting for that player count. What I meant is that, some bases are good for 10v10 public matches and some are overwhelmed with 10v10.

2. Each team should play the base voted for from both sides in turn. Not all bases are fair for one side. So, its 2 rounds per base. This also goes for competitive match-making.

3. All teleports should be removed. It ruins the game-play. I suggest hire mappers to create stairs around short buildings. Some teleports are too OP. Bases that allows teleports to enter them should be completely removed. I guess SS should now agree LOL for what happened in VU vs SS. These are also knows as duct-tape bases. If not removed, they should be not allowed to picked in competitive matches. If TP's are not removed, then they should be removed in competitive matches.

4. The walls are too cramped, it doesn't allows free movement. It becomes a clusterfuck for sets with snipers and doesn't allows movement for tactical game-play and defensive maneuvers.

5. Picking up flags should have increased timer of 2-3 seconds, but defenders must spawn far away from their own flags. Also script should check for fps for the flag capturer and it shouldn't go below 25.

6. Sets need balancing to great extent. Spaz and ruger is a joke. Set limits should not be just for the rpg set but also for all other sets.

7. A gamemode other than freeroam should never have wallglitch enabled. It's unfair with lots of wallhackers, guys who raped their textures for the game.

These are just my opinions. I hope you guys discuss these within your own forum and management.

Please don't make an A/D out of the server.

One base lasts 15 minutes so playing one base for more than 30 minutes? No.

Bases that are winnable using park-the-bus strategy should be removed from competitive, indeed. I think they actually are but someone missed Damn Roofers. O0

I don't understand #4. The 'fence' objects are made in accordance with 4.0 boundaries. The reason it feels more claustrophobic than in 4.0 is because you could exit the map in 4.0 since the boundaries sometimes just 'stopped' refreshing.

#5.. no. This is one of those suggestions that are impossible with the current way the bases simply are. The size, the 'build' of them is simply unfeasible for a 'farther' spawn to be implemented.

And 5-6 seconds to take the flag? I think low-pingers are at an enough of a disadvantage with 3 seconds. But they rarely try to take the flag anyway so 5 seconds would mostly impact the laggers... so IDK.

6. and 7.

The server shouldn't be reformed towards the way EA/D is. That's my point of view. CTF sets, wall-glitch should remain like they are.

I think it's a matter of opinion in this case, too.

Agree Agree x 3 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

SpiralRock

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 08:06:10 pm »
WTF dudes, hey MK guys!!! We are having a match tomorrow in CTF 5 server (VU_T/R vs MD). I cant register on your forum because it asks "what year is it?" and it fails my test when I write 2017. Seriously????

We will need to password shutdown the server at 15:00 GMT. Please let me know if its feasible ASAP! Hope someone reads it and reply here!

Freak

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 08:21:33 pm »
I cant register on your forum because it asks "what year is it?" and it fails my test when I write 2017. Seriously????

The correct answer is 2016
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 3 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 01:53:23 am »
WTF dudes, hey MK guys!!! We are having a match tomorrow in CTF 5 server (VU_T/R vs MD). I cant register on your forum because it asks "what year is it?" and it fails my test when I write 2017. Seriously????

We will need to password shutdown the server at 15:00 GMT. Please let me know if its feasible ASAP! Hope someone reads it and reply here!
Alright I've fixed the question, now the answer is 2017.

What do you mean with "password shutdown" ? You mean locking the server with a password? We always do that, we just announce the password on public forums for spectators to join, but if you don't want spectators in your match that is fine too, we just won't announce the server password publicly. Just make sure to tell that to the staff members who are going to be handling your CW and it should be fine.

About your suggestions, thanks for taking the time to write those down I agree with some of those and not so much with others. I could go into more detail, but unfortunately don't have the time to do so atm. I'll be keeping an eye on this topic regardless.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:01:51 am by NewK »

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »
Can you disable ping/fps kick for those who spec as yellow skin? and i will also suggest remove kick on login, maybe just auto kill player if they don't login. 
Agree Agree x 2 (list)