login
April 26, 2024, 09:00:54 pm

Author Topic: 30 FPS vs 60 FPS  (Read 12767 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Future Vice Wars
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 09:30:30 am »
what we do there Nigga Dance so weps free
You paint with words my friend

Honey bhai best TRC + NYB atombomb stormues Die  O0
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 10:48:05 am »
PROS

It's smoother.
So people at 60 are at a disadvantage? So I'm right.
If the only pro is it's smoother then let people play at it.
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 01:48:14 pm »
PROS

It's smoother.
So people at 60 are at a disadvantage? So I'm right.
If the only pro is it's smoother then let people play at it.
Does any of this look like a disadvantage to you?

30 fps
60 fps
Like on every staircase rail, the players playing at 60fps have the advantage because they have access to areas where players playing at 30fps don't.

Going back to the army base example, the things you can do with a decent graphics card are hilarious when you start getting to 250-300fps. For instance, the railing in front of the building in the LW army spawn essentially allows for self-propelled flight. At that speed you can disable the frame limiter, jump on it, glide all the way to the roof of the adjacent building, and turn your frame limiter back on for normal play.

http://imgur.com/a/nkEbK
- Players at 60+ can evade attackers more easily with air vehicles since takeoff time is MUCH lower at higher framerates.

+

All the sync problems that happen by playing at 60fps puts you in an advantage because you‘ll be making it harder for the players playing at 30fps to deal with you in certain situations. As said:
Except you end up disadvantaging people playing at 30fps anyway because your wacky boat physics and shitty sync and inability to register certain keypresses in time ends up making you far less predictable of a player.

And once again this is only what we know of so far, I can assure you there will be more exploits as years go by that people will eventually discover. This is always the case with VC:MP. So what's the point of taking unecessary risks? Maybe I wasn't clear enough but the pros and cons list was a list of reasons to play(PROS) or not to play (CONS) at 60fps, and not advantages VS disadvantages. It was meant to prove that there is no reason for this ridiculous "60fps" paranoia. This "omg must have 60fps, must have max fps possible" is absolutely ridiculous on a game from 2002. All of this just because "It's smoother", like really, I'm still waiting to hear another reason for playing at 60fps other than "It's smoother". Players who play at 30fps have expressed many of their reasons to play at 30fps, yet, players who play at 60fps haven't really provided any good points, other than saying that the game is smoother. They're just making the usual uninformed pc gamer assumption that "more fps = better" without providing any reasons as to why this is "better".
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 02:06:15 pm »
This is like talking to a wall:

I thought people on 60 send more network packets... how come there's an inability to register certain keypresses? Boat physics don't even matter, something like naval combat can't exist when a guy that's shooting from a boat is seen getting up and down repeatedly by other players regardless of the framerate. Wacky and shitty, right?
Define and elaborateshitty sync. In combat? Or maybe when pushing cars or other things that don't even matter?

I'm pretty sure that 60 players are at a disadvantage even after adding up all the cons/pros.
The shitty argument of 'ppl will always find exploits' or 'all the sync problems that happen blabla' doesn't work.
Elaborate on what sync problems that were not mentioned before do you mean. What is the shitty sync that you are talking about? Tell me. Elaborate. Details.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 03:33:51 pm »
We did explain, multiple times, with video demonstrations of actual exploits that are only possible at 60fps and easily capable of being used right now. Not our problem you went full retard.
Pwnt Pwnt x 6 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 03:54:07 pm »
I'm still waiting to hear another reason for playing at 60fps other than "It's smoother".
I'll give you that reason, it's so much easier to aim. The responsiveness, the prediction, everything is so much easier to do instead of the ridiculous 30 fps jagged aiming/sensitivity and unresponsiveness.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 05:43:25 pm »
We did explain, multiple times, with video demonstrations of actual exploits that are only possible at 60fps and easily capable of being used right now. Not our problem you went full retard.
Wooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I can slide on railings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what you mentioned (or at least what I remember):
-sliding on railings,
-faster helicopter takeoff,
-pushing cars.
Anything else? No, I don't think so. The rest is just blablabla sync issues blablabla community.
Oh, or maybe I'm wrong? Then counterargumenting a retard shouldn't be so hard, stormeus. Do it.
What jansi posted seems irrelevant and probably an issue of his keyboard? I've never experienced that, except for the first one. The fact that you can't get out of a moving car/a moving car with a passenger is VCMP's fault.
Agree Agree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: 30 FPS vs 60 FPS
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
When I play regularly on 60 FPS, 30 FPS seems unplayable. It feels similar to getting brain fucked when you move in bright light after staying very long in a dark room.
It seems that everyone who spent considerable time ingame on 60 FPS servers have their brains adjusted to it and would always choose 60 when given the option.

The weapon switching problems are also related. When I play VCMP after returning from long inactivity, 60 FPS gives me that problem. After a few days in, they disappear.

A server developer has to make a decision if he should force players to abandon their habits, or should he go with the majority and let people play in settings they enjoy.

I personally prefer 60 FPS. LWs puts strain on my eyes and I get a mild headache after a few hours.
Agree Agree x 6 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »
The shitty argument of 'ppl will always find exploits' or 'all the sync problems that happen blabla' doesn't work.
And why doesn't it work?  "Tell me. Elaborate. Details."
It's called being proactive, krystianoo. Preventing the problems before they happen. You're just making your decision based on the issues you know now, today. This is a foolish thing to do because I guarantee you, people will find exploits just like they always do in VCMP. Ever since the release of 0.4 this list of confirmed issues has only been growing. If we can prevent these problems before they happen I don't see any reason not to. You're being too naive to think there isn't more issues to be found and exploited. The ones we listed are just the ones we currently know about.

I'm still waiting to hear another reason for playing at 60fps other than "It's smoother".
I'll give you that reason, it's so much easier to aim. The responsiveness, the prediction, everything is so much easier to do instead of the ridiculous 30 fps jagged aiming/sensitivity and unresponsiveness.
Overall, 60fps is always smoother, and by default aiming should be more precise indeed but I believe that's a false impression we get because the of the very much improved headshots sync in 0.4. Just think about it, there were no "known" good players with automatic weapons in 0.3zR2, because the automatic weps were just not viable back then. But there were some players with very good aim playing at the time with 30fps, they just didn't stand out because the sync for automatic weps was bad. Then comes 0.4, everyone changes to 60fps and starts getting alot of headshots with the automatic weps and people are left thinking that it's because of the 60fps. It's not, it's because the sync got alot better. Now of course that after playing at 60fps for a long time, 30fps feels weird, even for me, I've always played at 30fps, and when this VW was over I changed it back from 60 to 30fps and felt really weird, but if you play at 30fps for time enough to get used to it, you won't have any issues.

Wooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I can slide on railings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what you mentioned (or at least what I remember):
-sliding on railings,
-faster helicopter takeoff,
-pushing cars.
Anything else? No, I don't think so. The rest is just blablabla sync issues blablabla community.
Oh, or maybe I'm wrong? Then counterargumenting a retard shouldn't be so hard, stormeus. Do it.
What jansi posted seems irrelevant and probably an issue of his keyboard? I've never experienced that, except for the first one. The fact that you can't get out of a moving car/a moving car with a passenger is VCMP's fault.

That list will get bigger eventually as the bugs are discovered. If there's anyone actually looking into this, just give it a few more months and I'm sure that list will double in size. That weapon switching issue is very real I assure you. And the thing with some of these issues is that not all of them are consistent, some players have them and some players don't. I know there's people who never experienced that wep switching bug, but it happens to me, jansi and apparently aXXo too. The fact that there's issues that only happen with some players and not everyone, just makes it another reason to avoid 60fps. Not even the problems are consistent so when you think that some issue is unreleated to playing at 60fps because it doesn't happen to you, you might be wrong because it can happen for other people and you just never knew about it.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 11:42:59 pm »
Aiming at 60 FPS is easier than 30 FPS as Brian mentioned. To notice the difference, try maximizing your mouse sensitivity and then aim at a stationary object. It doesnt need to be a player, just try to aim really quick at a far off lamp post. It will be easier on 60 FPS, because your crosshair movement is smoother.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 12:03:47 am »
Aiming at 60 FPS is easier than 30 FPS as Brian mentioned. To notice the difference, try maximizing your mouse sensitivity and then aim at a stationary object. It doesnt need to be a player, just try to aim really quick at a far off lamp post. It will be easier on 60 FPS, because your crosshair movement is smoother.
Maybe it's because I'm not an M4/Ruger/M60 player but I honestly can't tell the difference. I can notice the game overall is much smoother in 60fps but when aiming at something I don't notice anything different. My mouse is pretty shitty though so that can also be it.

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 02:48:47 am »
Maybe it's because I'm not an M4/Ruger/M60 player but I honestly can't tell the difference. I can notice the game overall is much smoother in 60fps but when aiming at something I don't notice anything different. My mouse is pretty shitty though so that can also be it.
I'm not an M4/Ruger player either. I play on the highest possible sensitivity settings (8200dpi + ingame sensitivity) and it's almost impossible for me to land consistent headshots because of how fast the gameplay is. However, this is not a problem for me since I'm more of a CQB player and the M60 does enough damage for me on the main body to kill players. I can definitely tell the difference in aiming, 60 FPS becomes noticeable at high sensitivity, 144 FPS is a clear winner on all ranges.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »
For me I notice the MP5 have a higher chance of firing inconsistently at 30 FPS than 60. If your fps is inconsistent at 30 FPS or if you play at 30 FPS and you're shooting while riding on top of a car, using that gun will likely result in a momentary freeze of the bullets fire rate, as much as 1/2 a second of a delay at times. In my experience at LW with this, the shots do seem to register as a freeze for other players too and it can be annoying for servers that have restricted weapons/weapon commands per skin. Personally not a big deal breaker but it is something I noticed

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 12:53:11 am »
(8200dpi)
This definitely explains it I guess. With my shitty 800dpi mouse I can't tell a difference.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Kamran/K.

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2016, 01:35:38 pm »
As LW fixed their fps to 30, my game lags there.

Right now, I have core 2 duo e6550 2GB ram and a nvidia gt630 1GB DDR3.
My game runs perfectly on 60fps but lag on 30fps. Storemus, do you have any appropriate solution?