login
April 30, 2024, 11:19:12 pm

Author Topic: More cheating  (Read 39901 times)

Smok3

• Fanatic
  • The Smokeraptor ϟϟ
    • View Profile
Re: More cheating
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 02:37:56 am »
It's a shame and at same time funny,how people can take a game so serious,trying to get hacks or something for an advantage in a 2002 game. This is the principal reason why the community dies every year (month,week,day) nobody likes the people who uses weird things (speccially hacks) to get an advantage. Nice information NewK  :thumbsup:
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 02:45:21 am »
Personally i dont think this is ok but you can't control everyone's game.
Or can you?
Indeed we can't control or detect it yet. But when we have confessions or logs like these, that's more than enough to take a decision.

Hello Kyzo, I'm sorry but not much from your reply made sense to me. You might've missunderstood what I said above. The .dll file has to be loaded into the game and the .ini file is used to change the values of the x axis, y axis and zoom sensitivity. None of these 3 options are available to be changed through VC:MP or Vice City. And the zoom sensitivity was never even available on previous VC:MP versions.
what makes the file never calls to an intervention of an external software or any thing that has no relation with the game ... consequently, it is from game to game And this finaly is never counted as a cheating.
I don't understand where you got this impression from. The file is not from the game it does not belong to the game and allows the user to change values otherwise not possible without this tool. It's not "simply" a .dll file, no .dll file is "simply" a .dll file, as you say it. Many of the hacks available nowadays in current games and even VC:MP are .dll files loaded into the game with configuration files to adjust their settings like the .ini files I mentioned.
The second perspective: it would be a serious injustice to these players if we take into account players with heavy equipment, I distinguish here gamers with gaming mice, who with the opportunities given to them, may indirectly have this .dll (Or .ini) file without really owning it (I note well here the drivers of these mice that from, you can really adjust a lot of things).
I get what you're saying here, but here's the real difference. Mice that have these functionalities have their changes applied system-wide, and not specifically to a game, they don't change the game's behaviour. This tool changes your game's behaviour according the settings you define. Very different and important for us to make a distinction here. For instance, the setting to change the zoom sensitivity would only change the weapons' zoom sensitivity, it wouldn't change the sensitivity of your mouse's scroll wheel.  While if you did use a mouse driver, you'd be able to change the sensitivity of the scroll wheel but only system-wide for all your PC's applications. In VCMP you'd have a higher sensitivity everytime you used the scroll wheel, and with the tool I described, only your zooming sensitivity would be changed. So this tool, through the .dll modifies specific game  memory addresses to allow this type of usage. It's very very different from the ocasional mouse driver.

The third perspective: why can we not include this in the area of ​​the faults committed by the developers, the fact of locking this option. I find this awkward as many of us find. Really i feel a nostalgia to the previous versions in which we had the ability to play easily without any restrictions, this version really gives the game  a taste of bitter . This is not an egoist opinion, ask the question to others to understand, especially the OLD SCHOOL'z.
It is not a fault, it was a deliberate update from the VC:MP dev team. They didn't just make a mistake and removed it, that's not  how things work, it's not like they go through the code and then all of sudden: "oops, I just mistakenly removed this feature and added a new one." Doesn't really work like this. But if you think that developers should not have removed that option, that's an entirely different thing altogether, that's  your opinion and you're very free to have it. But let me quote myself here:
If your opinion is that players should be able to edit their X and Y axis that's fine, but that's not how things are at the moment. So you should act accordingly to how things are (also known as reality) and not how you think things should be.

I can confidently say that the majority of you, even pretestants, use this kind of method...You want to make a change, start with yourself :)
A bold claim, but can you back it up? I posted proof for my statements, can you post proof of yours?

First of all, I didn't knew that modifying X and Y axis sensitivity is disallowed in VC:MP.
Sorry Sevrin but not knowing about it doesn't exempt you. If hackers could say "I didn't know I couldn't adjust my HP or my Armour or my weapon bullets", would you then not ban them?
Then here you go, tell me with full honesty. When I was in VU, there was a topic in private boards about lowering X ans Y axis sensitivity through Windows(which wasn't reversible) am I right or not??
As I explained above, changing these types of settings through windows or mouse drivers is very different. Allow me to quote myself:
Mice that have these functionalities have their changes applied system-wide, and not specifically to a game, they don't change the game's behaviour. This tool changes your game's behaviour according the settings you define. Very different and important for us to make a distinction here. For instance, the setting to change the zoom sensitivity would only change the weapons' zoom sensitivity, it wouldn't change the sensitivity of your mouse's scroll wheel.  While if you did use a mouse driver, you'd be able to change the sensitivity of the scroll wheel but only system-wide for all your PC's applications. In VCMP you'd have a higher sensitivity everytime you used the scroll wheel, and with the tool I described, only your zooming sensitivity would be changed. So this tool, through the .dll modifies specific game  memory addresses to allow this type of usage.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:50:33 am by NewK »
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Kyzo

• =TRC= , Please envy in silence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 03:33:17 am »

Hmm, There I imagine you being a sophister facing socrates in one of his dialogues in a spartan salon. You're turning in a vicious circle with all my respects .

P.S : printf("for more informations , please google : " sophisters approach " \n");

Quand je donnais à manger aux pauvres , on m'appelait Saint.
Lorsque je demandais pourquoi les pauvres n'avaient pas à manger , on me traita de communiste .

Hélder Câmara  .

La[Z]eR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VUz0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 03:46:59 am »
Can't we just get rid of these idiots already? They'll hack in-game and then have the audacity to make memes online glorifying their "victory". Like what the actual hell lol.

@Hunting, Kakarot & UJIBU4:

I'll repeat my words: I sincerely pity your miserable, pathetic life. Must be quite hard to live with these facts, or probably you're just too dumb to realize it.

Cryyyy VU
So about you
Joined on
Left on and kills on with other members
After getting raped
Asslick on again to save his ass
Don't show your tears here
Funny Funny x 3 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 04:19:51 am »
Hmm, There I imagine you being a sophister facing socrates in one of his dialogues in a spartan salon. You're turning in a vicious circle with all my respects .

P.S : printf("for more informations , please google : " sophisters approach " \n");
Hah, sophisters/sophists that really takes me back to my highschool years! But that's okay if this is what you think, I don't feel the need to prove myself to you so I'm not bothered at all by what your impressions of me are. I believe after nearly 10 years in this community, I've established some trust from the general playerbase, so your opinion does not worry me. (Sorry if that sounds presumptuous or hostile, but it is what it is)

Anyway, seeing as you did not counter any of my points, I'll assume you no longer wish to discuss them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:36:18 am by NewK »
Pwnt Pwnt x 2 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 05:17:08 am »
I will go with full honestly, I don't use it anymore because I currently play with /setconfig game_sensitivity 0.00015. Amal knows this as I told him once.
Did vu provide a tool to you for that ?
We just have you 2 commands which are common these days.
If you have noticed the commands have their limits, the game sensitivity ratio can not go below 0.500000, so you use another file to do so and say u didn't knew if it was disallowed and now I don't know what to say....
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 05:43:11 am »
I will go with full honestly, I don't use it anymore because I currently play with /setconfig game_sensitivity 0.00015. Amal knows this as I told him once.
If you have noticed the commands have their limits, the game sensitivity ratio can not go below 0.500000, so you use another file to do so and say u didn't knew if it was disallowed and now I don't know what to say....
There's whole clarification about lowering modifying Y and X sensitivity through windows(By axxo). Right or wrong?
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

EvilSpiriT

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Vice On The Dogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 05:46:03 am »
There's whole clarification about lowering modifying Y and X sensitivity through windows(By axxo). Right or wrong?
Question is : IS THERE USAGE OF ANY TOOL SPECIFIED ? absolutely NO.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 06:01:21 am »
I just said that its fucking common to use game sensitivity command and axxo's post only contain 2 cmds which you can use in-game.
enjoy!
if you can't use cmds in-game then there is another method to change the game sensitivity through windows by going to your vcmp's directory and changing it manually and whats wrong in it ?
but if a smart ass tries to change it to below 0.5 then it won't work so your point does not makes a point at all and your point is pointless.
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 06:11:10 am »
Omg VC:MP Beta Testers bunch of cheaters http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=4088.msg30251#msg30251

Alarm Alarm

You're people going to be crazy in cheating-paranoia.
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 06:15:49 am »
Omg VC:MP Beta Testers bunch of cheaters http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=4088.msg30251#msg30251

Alarm Alarm

You're people going to be crazy in cheating-paranoia.
Mice that have these functionalities have their changes applied system-wide, and not specifically to a game, they don't change the game's behaviour. This tool changes your game's behaviour according the settings you define. Very different and important for us to make a distinction here. For instance, the setting to change the zoom sensitivity would only change the weapons' zoom sensitivity, it wouldn't change the sensitivity of your mouse's scroll wheel.  While if you did use a mouse driver, you'd be able to change the sensitivity of the scroll wheel but only system-wide for all your PC's applications. In VCMP you'd have a higher sensitivity everytime you used the scroll wheel, and with the tool I described, only your zooming sensitivity would be changed. So this tool, through the .dll modifies specific game  memory addresses to allow this type of usage. It's very very different from the ocasional mouse driver.
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 06:23:16 am »
Mice that have these functionalities have their changes applied system-wide, and not specifically to a game, they don't change the game's behaviour.

Agree Agree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2016, 06:28:09 am »
Mice that have these functionalities have their changes applied system-wide, and not specifically to a game, they don't change the game's behaviour.

It seems your understanding of the english language is flawed. Let me simplify:
-Show me on that screenshot where you could adjust the sensitivity of weapon zooming in VCMP (weapon zooming only, not scroll, the tool I describe allows you to do this)
-A profile is simply a preset, you can give it any name, just like "VCMP", that doesn't mean that it's altering the game's behaviour, you can choose that VCMP profile and go play some other game and it would work.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 06:36:28 am »
-Show me on that screenshot where you could adjust the sensitivity of weapon zooming in VCMP (weapon zooming only, not scroll, the tool I describe allows you to do this)
It's clearly about aiming.

-A profile is simply a preset, you can give it any name, just like "VCMP", that doesn't mean that it's altering the game's behaviour, you can choose that VCMP profile and go play some other game and it would work.

Sorry, your agruments to link it as 'cheat' is too weak. However, you are coder not a player, I can't blame you  for that.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 4 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 06:45:30 am »
Vito, you are getting everything wrong here
Agree Agree x 1 (list)