login
April 27, 2024, 09:18:54 pm

Author Topic: Vice City Online  (Read 2176 times)

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Vice City Online
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:18:59 pm »
It is still in development mode, so theres still some flaws.

desfire97

Re: Vice City Online
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:58:41 pm »
OMG this game's sync sucks. I mean - look at the VCO 3 clip at the begining: you shoted the guy with spas and he was still laying on the ground without any damage taken + after that he randomly warped with some random van, lol.

And where are the custom designed maps knucis mentioned about?
Cannot rate own posts

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:07:41 pm »
OMG this game's sync sucks. I mean - look at the VCO 3 clip at the begining: you shoted the guy with spas and he was still laying on the ground without any damage taken + after that he randomly warped with some random van, lol.

Didn't you read the sentence on top? Its still in development stage. Of course some things are screwed up, its a Beta release.

VCO 2: thats what happens when you carjacked someone. Same shit happens in SA
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:10:13 pm by Maverick »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:58:45 pm »
Hahaha, tmavs4, you simply have no clue :P

I was a VCO Beta tester. And no VCO is not in dev. They joined another mod (State of Liberty, which is a map mode with Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty city, and some other cities), and created State of Liberty - Online.

www.gtasolonline.com

They've added SWIMMING into VICE CITY 1/2 months ago, it just simply rocks. Cant wait for this MP mod!

Its sync sucks yes, but that's because ReGeX broke the build somehow.

And here's an example of a custom map... It's called "The New Vice City", it adds some new houses and buildings into the map, making it like the Vice City of the present.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:01:19 pm by Knucis »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:12:11 pm »
SOL's development has been on and off isnt it?
I did read some posts from devs regarding "Abandonment of this project".....but that could be the past.

desfire97

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:19:10 pm »
Knucis, in a youtube video about sol-online you mentioned about that this MP mod is like a new vice city game engine. But even if the mod gets realised, will i have to do smth like "upgrading" my game with their engine? Because you just said they added swimming.

And will the sync be constructed into a better one (better than VC-MP)? When will this be realised? Will they be making this like play-n-upgrade (you know, like minecraft - you play and when a new version comes out, you upgrade the game and play it again)?

EDIT: OMFG, check this out:

On the left - sol-o        On the right - I guess some prototype of sol-o's swimming or some crapy mod...

I'M SO DOWNLOADING THIS NOW <333333
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:22:53 pm by LaS3r »
Cannot rate own posts

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:33:59 pm »
Knucis, in a youtube video about sol-online you mentioned about that this MP mod is like a new vice city game engine. But even if the mod gets realised, will i have to do smth like "upgrading" my game with their engine? Because you just said they added swimming.

And will the sync be constructed into a better one (better than VC-MP)? When will this be realised? Will they be making this like play-n-upgrade (you know, like minecraft - you play and when a new version comes out, you upgrade the game and play it again)?

EDIT: OMFG, check this out:

On the left - sol-o        On the right - I guess some prototype of sol-o's swimming or some crapy mod...

I'M SO DOWNLOADING THIS NOW <333333
We don't know when it will get released, but as far as I know, they said that maybe this year we'll get a built :P
And yeah the sync is DEFINITELY better than VC:MP's.

As you can see, you dont need to aim in front of the player, like you do in VC:MP.
And I loled at their attempt to stubby jump too :P Charley I bet they remembered about your post, showing some stubby fighting :P

SOL's development has been on and off isnt it?
I did read some posts from devs regarding "Abandonment of this project".....but that could be the past.
It has never been off. May you link me a post about that? Because they certainly didnt do that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:37:27 pm by Knucis »

desfire97

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:31 pm »
I just watched all of the sol-o's videos (total: 5) and kinda think of it, VC-MP is birth's shit :/
Cannot rate own posts

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »
Back in late 2009 I tried VCO with my buddy Madmaster. Here's a pretty much correct archive of my moods towards it.

Day #1 - OMG!! Fuck VCMP this is SOOOO fricking EPIC!!! Wooooo.
Day #2 - This is sooo awesome! I'm never going back to VCMP again.
Day #3 - Heheh. I luv dis mod. Much better than VCMP.
Day #4 - It's pretty neat and all but it's kinda empty and crash-y.
Day #5 - Maaaan. F*ck this sh*t. I'm going back to VCMP.

True story. Oh and here's a few pics.

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

desfire97

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »
Hey, from where can i download VCO? I know you can't get SOL at the moment, but i want to try VCO
Cannot rate own posts

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 07:15:16 pm »
VCO kind of sucks at the moment(well the sync does) and it's dead, but its features, it owns VC:MP 10000000x times. Skirmant VC:MP sucks and we all know it, if it wasn't its popularity it would be dead too.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:43:45 pm by Knucis »

Squida

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 03:07:06 am »
i've never played vco for more than 5 mins
buttttttt

that loookkkkssss awesomeeeeee

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:20 am »
I tried VCO.

It's seems you can add new maps? if this is right it will be better than VCMP  ::)

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:30 pm »
I deleted VCO, not enough players be om. you'll be lucky to get 2 players to play with you. :)

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 01:32:24 pm »
VCO kind of sucks at the moment(well the sync does) and it's dead, but its features, it owns VC:MP 10000000x times. Skirmant VC:MP sucks and we all know it, if it wasn't its popularity it would be dead too.

That's my point m8.

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)