login
May 17, 2024, 04:19:55 pm

Author Topic: More cheating  (Read 40671 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: More cheating
« Reply #240 on: December 26, 2016, 12:07:39 pm »
Guys let's wrap this up please. Can anyone who's still interested state their opinion in very simple terms.

Does this reported behaviour constitute hacking?

Does it warrant any action on the part of server/event managers?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 26, 2016, 12:23:17 pm »
Ummm
For the last time
Ima hacker as well

Ho
Ho
Ho
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 26, 2016, 01:07:11 pm »
With the logic they all used here about the "3rd party tools", we should permanently ban the HP hackers, Ammo hackers and everyone who did common cheating too, because you need a 3rd party tool to rename process of vc process to make trainer work and if you're including everything here, then just look at server reports of each server and permanently ban everyone whosoever was caught with hp hacking or ammo or armor in the same sense.
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 26, 2016, 01:20:01 pm »
permanently
Code: [Select]
Admin:[ VU.Amal ] Banned:[ [TR]^RetroS18^[TR] ] Reason:[ hp hacks ] Duration:[ 5 day(s) ]

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 26, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »
Different servers have different rules
If it was my server and someone was caught using HP hacks I will first give them a chance to improve before I permanently ban them.
So that's not how it works

Casper

• Crazy Man
  • Dark Fighters
    • View Profile
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »
permanently
Admin:[ VU.Amal ] Banned:[ =TRC=sevrin ] Reason:[ retard ] Duration:[ Permanent ]
:vvvvvv

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 26, 2016, 02:00:40 pm »
chance to improve
Yep, 2 year 8 months is enough to improve hacking skills. Different servers, different rules.

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »
permanently
Admin:[ VU.Amal ] Banned:[ [TR]^RetroS18^[TR] ] Reason:[ hp hacks ] Duration:[ 5 day(s) ]
Quote from: EC rules
Any other 3rd party programs or anything that affect the game play in any other way for your advantage are strictly prohibited, except when stated otherwise by admins.

heh
look at this report, did hp hack which is only possible via a 3rd party too, banned him for 678 hours and received a demotion as well as 5 months ban for the same reason, feeling sad for my bro krystian, you always have my shoulder bro :)
http://ctf.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=703.msg3968#msg3968

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 26, 2016, 02:21:21 pm »
I am against it. There was a topic posted on the CTF Staff section discussing it a few months ago and I made very clear on that topic that it wasn't allowed. CTF Staff members know about this.
So will you ban people who have talking about they are using no-grass mod? Even if they are VU?
The usage of the green-less mod falls under CTF's rule of "Unlawful modifications (Modifications that give you special advantages.)"I assumed this was clear for CTF players, maybe it's my fault for not specifying it clearer to the public the same way I specified it to CTF Staff members. However, it is very understandable for players to think this is allowed given that others servers allow it. Also, seeing as we're talking about a .txd and not a .dll (which can provoke far more damage), ban durations for people that use the gree-less mod will obviously be nowhere near as the other bans. Seeing as Lazer and Amal have already said they use it, a 3 day ban has been issued for both. This just goes to prove that it doesn't matter if we can detect it or not. When we have honest players like Lazer and Amal who take responsibility for their actions and admit to what they've used, then we can take administrative actions.

When it comes to .txd files, it depends on how they're used. It's almost undetectable too just like you said, but it's far harder to detect those .dll files and .dll can provoke far more damage than .txd files.
How much damage will be from cheater depends only of him. If I can't even detect he is using any dll or not - I have no problem to allow to player fixing axis sensitivity using any method he wants. It not means I allow him to use same methods to cheat. But It's useless to write rule "please do not use xxx tool bcz omg you can make aimbot using it".
Alright vito, that is your opinion, I've already stated why I don't agree with you and I could do it once more, but I don't wish to repeat myself any further.

About Vicewar, the WK group did outstanding work as always and I strongly believe the Cubans would've won regardless of whether these cheats were used or not. So no, this topic is not about Vicewar.

About wrapping up, these are my remarks:
- I believe servers should not be okay with their players injecting .dll's into their games after VCMP devs "blocked" this.
- I believe servers should also not be okay with players using 3rd party tools to edit game memory
- I do not agree with the logic of "if we can't detect it, we should allow it". Following this logic means asking for trouble. It's chaotic.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Amal

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
permanently
I always banned newbies with less number of days. Anybody who steps into vcmp for the first time will think that other players are hacking. A second chance should be given for these kinds of players to understand the game better

The usage of the green-less mod falls under CTF's rule of "Unlawful modifications (Modifications that give you special advantages.)"I assumed this was clear for CTF players, maybe it's my fault for not specifying it clearer to the public the same way I specified it to CTF Staff members. However, it is very understandable for players to think this is allowed given that others servers allow it.
I dont usually check ctf forum since im not active in the server and i've never bothered to check the rules since i have a feeling in mind that im playing fairly. The only reason i would take a server's forum to check the rules would be for rockets(to check whether fs is allowed or not and the range) but i dont use rocket much and so dont bother to check it. Anyways i will be cautious from now on.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »
About wrapping up, these are my remarks:
- I believe servers should not be okay with their players injecting .dll's into their games after VCMP devs "blocked" this.
- I believe servers should also not be okay with players using 3rd party tools to edit game memory
- I do not agree with the logic of "if we can't detect it, we should allow it". Following this logic means asking for trouble. It's chaotic.

And so, taking into consideration all of the things that have been discussed here, what specific actions would you recommend server managers to take?

Writer of excessively long posts

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2016, 03:14:34 pm »
Also, seeing as we're talking about a .txd and not a .dll (which can provoke far more damage), ban durations
How about to judge by factual usage, not by potential of used method "may provoke"? It's more fair, isn't? Just my option.
However looking at people who were banned for 2 years and another one who  even wasn't kicked from staff for same act - injecting in game's memory by same admin - It's useless to trying to find any fairness here.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2016, 03:18:11 pm »
You want me to ban krys for using hacks, okay sounds fair, then i have to ban those as well who played against VU in a ctf match and supported krys for using it and calling it their lamest victory. you know what i am trying to say?

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2016, 03:32:03 pm »
supported krys for using
If that support was as 'using cheats' or 'sharing cheats' - yes, ban them too. For sharing maybe even more.
However you're boss in you're own server do as you want. But don't forget the community is looking at you too.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2016, 03:34:55 pm »
supported krys for using
If that support was as 'using cheats' or 'sharing cheats' - yes, ban them too. For sharing maybe even more.
However you're boss in you're own server do as you want. But don't forget the community is looking at you too.
Rofl, community looking at my actions? but community doesn't give a single flying fuck about hackers. very nice.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)