April 27, 2024, 01:23:49 am

Author Topic: [FAQ] FPS Tests  (Read 378 times)

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
[FAQ] FPS Tests
« on: December 18, 2018, 02:02:57 pm »

• Q: What is FPS?

A: FPS is a abbreviation ( Short for ) Frames per seconds, its the ability of your computer ( PC's Graphics Processing Unit aka GPU )  to make as much as frames ( images ) per second on screen to show the object moving, just like old movies had the film reel which moved on light projector on the screen and the reel revolved to make it look like the objects are actually moving on the screen just by changing multiple images in front of the light, now a days average pc monitors ( including laptops ) have 60 Hz monitor meaning that they can show support 60 frames changing per second, so basically for games a GPU has to render ( make ) 60 images of a game per seconds, some GPUs are slow and cannot make 60 images per second so their FPS ( Frames per second ) or frame rate drops.
    It is essential to have a good GPU to play games, especially online multiplayer games.

• Q: Is FPS test necessary?

A: Yes its part of our registration system to ensure the fair game play among players for good performance and stability.

• Q: Did i fail or pass FPS test? How do I know?

A: Test Requirements:
        You must achieve at least 30 FPS on Test 1 and Test 2
        You must achieve at least 25 FPS on Test 3 and Test 4

• Q: Where to take FPS test?

A: After creating your account on portal, join VW 8 Benchmark server to take FPS test, find it in internet list tab or simply add it to favorites 217.69.11.99:8192

• Q: How to improve my FPS results?

A: There are multiple ways, one of the recommended way is to upgrade your computer, i.e upgrade its graphics card and RAM or CPU if possible. If you have a laptop or a PC that isn't up-gradable or you're under circumstance that you cannot upgrade it, you can try to lower the resolution of game by getting in settings->display settings->  by using arrow keys left or right, change the resolution to lesser number than it was before, also changing the color depth from 32 to 16 bit also helps, i.e if the game ran on 1920x1080-32 bit and i got 20 fps on test 4, i could  change it to 1366x768 - 32 and get better results or even lower resolution to 640x480 - 16 to pass the test.

• Q: What happens when I pass the test?

A: Whenever you take the test, the results are uploaded to your account in portal where admins can see the result, when vice war 8 starts, you will be forced to use same resolution to play in the server.

• Q: Hey my application is discarded but I want to re-take test!

A: Sure you can ask any admin on IRC / Discord / Forum to reset your status, then you can re-take test.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:23:27 pm by GangstaRas »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S