March 28, 2024, 07:32:24 pm

Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 7376 times)

Asadullah

• Crazy Man
  • Thankx To Allah For Everything :)
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Fighting Zome
Re: Capture the Flag
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »
Can you disable ping/fps kick for those who spec as yellow skin? and i will also suggest remove kick on login, maybe just auto kill player if they don't login. 
This one. Sometimes, When you join server the files start downloading and because of that you don't notice the screen messages. Even if you login, because of files download, it takes some time for the command to execute and we get auto kicked by server.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Thankx to RebellioN

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »
Also why do we have to download files every time we join ?
Not that it bothers me but still, it effects players with bad internet connection.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 06:12:03 pm »
Can you disable ping/fps kick for those who spec as yellow skin? and i will also suggest remove kick on login, maybe just auto kill player if they don't login. 
The server does this already. The script does not kick spectators even if they have a high ping or low fps'. Those limits are only for spawned players. The kick on login has to remain tho, otherwise we'd have a bunch of people impersonating other people.
Agree Agree x 3 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Almo

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
  • (â—£_â—¢)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
The server does this already. The script does not kick spectators even if they have a high ping or low fps'. Those limits are only for spawned players. The kick on login has to remain tho, otherwise we'd have a bunch of people impersonating other people.

If that's the case, the player should be warned atleast twice before getting kicked out, or a popup message on the screen would work too, as i usually myself miss the message when i join the server
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Asadullah

• Crazy Man
  • Thankx To Allah For Everything :)
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Fighting Zome
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 06:40:59 pm »
In this case, I'd suggest to increase time delay of kicking to 1 minute.

EDIT: why not kicking a player who puts invalid password 3 times ?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:21:17 am by Asadullah »
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Thankx to RebellioN

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 08:12:07 pm »
Also why do we have to download files every time we join ?
Not that it bothers me but still, it effects players with bad internet connection.

Client-side scripts, I'm pretty sure. Happens on servers which use them.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 01:33:49 pm »
Set all player's name to (Guest%d, playerID) on connection and set it to player's actual nickname after they have successfully logged in.
That's the approach Argonath uses and it pretty much tackles all impersonation issues.
Agree Agree x 6 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 3 (list)

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »
Winner Winner x 2 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 09:48:46 pm »
Flag the Capture.

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »
Flag the Capture.
Clapture flag The.

Dominican republic won 4-0, battle highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6S_RERpi54&feature=youtu.be
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 05:13:33 pm »

The CTF6 public beta is now live, come and join the fun and give the new player abilities a try!

What's new?

Player abilities/skills

Abilities are small perks/effects that you can apply either to yourself or others for a few seconds. There's 3 types of abilities:
  • SELF -  Abilities that affect the player only such as the immunity abilities, silencer and so on
  • INFANTRY -  Abilities that allow a player to place bombs, mines, gears etc., and anything else self-serving around your personal weaponry
  • TEAM - Any ability that serves your team such as the healing the regeneration of health and ammo

You can see a list of abilities here

You can only have 3 skills equipped at the same time, but you can choose which ones to equip at any point.

New hotkeys:
  • F3 --> Opens skill store ( you can buy and equip skills in this window)
  • Q --> Uses skill equipped in slot1
  • 2 --> Uses skill equipped in slot2
  • E --> Uses skill equipped in slot3
To change default hotkeys:
  • /key1 <keyID> (changes slot1 hotkey)
  • /key2 <keyID> (changes slot2 hotkey)
  • /key3 <keyID> (changes slot3 hotkey)
To get <keyID>:
  • Run  /recordkey and press the key you want to use
  • You will then see the <keyID> on the chat, which you can use with the /key1,2,3 commands
You can watch a tutorial on how to do this 
Currency:

CTF now has currency, AKA, Points. You can spend these points on player skills/abilities.
Each one costs 100 points. You can earn points, the exact same way you earn points for your team during a round:
  • 1 kill = 1 point
  • 1 Flag = 15 points
  • 5 player killing spree = +1 point for each kill +5 points for the last kill (10 points total)
  • (NEW) 1 kill while holding the flag = +2 points
  • (NEW) Ending someone's spree = +5 points

Points cannot be transfered nor abilitites can be sold

Ranks

Players now have ranks. All players will start with Rank 0. For each 100 points you earn, you will rank up, so everytime you rank up, that means you can buy a new ability.

As a way to kickstart your progress, 50 points have been given to all registered players, you only need 50 more points and you'll be able to buy your first ability!
Winner Winner x 11 Useful Useful x 1 (list)