login
April 27, 2024, 05:52:29 pm

Author Topic: Petition to allow game-improving mods. ( mod support )  (Read 1118 times)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
Petition to allow game-improving mods. ( mod support )
« on: September 03, 2020, 09:27:42 am »
in SAMP you can have silentpatch, project2dfx, SkyGFX and asi loader installed without any problem.

Imagine how VC:MP can benefit from such mods. first person mod for immersion in RPG servers, project2dfx for those who have beastly PCs and want to enjoy sightseeing the entire map from one end to the other, silent patch to fix some pesky bugs, skygfx for those who want new visuals and re-live the ps2 experience.
Ultimate ASI loader for beautiful Neon packs and other aesthetics that don't work with Vice city's vanilla limits

the advantages of such act outweigh its cons ( hackers still slip through, so that's no excuse, it is admins responsibility to catch them and it's no plausible to be this conservative because why the fuck are you a fucking admin and you don't want to be arsed to oversee your own fucking server

Look at SAMP, have your experience been ruined by a hacker? maybe once, but was it too much you got sick of playing? definitely no, and it's way more populated, way more loved and appreciated )

This is a petition, if you're with us, reply with "+1", if you're not, tell us your reasons
Agree Agree x 3 Disagree Disagree x 3 Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
Re: Petition to allow game-improving mods. ( mod support )
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 12:51:07 pm »
The game is not growing because of less features as well, some players are making their servers more visual and different, but players are competing against each others. No one is literally playing for fun.

Won't disagree more with panzer, he has got facts right here. Keep your views out of the way about him being annoying and toxic, understand what he is trying to convey. We have got a lot of DM servers, what about looking for something different? If the games like Fall Guys can achieve success in release of 2020, I don't think reviving a game where every old veteran say they return because its fun not going to gain players.
Mods should be allowed.
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 01:54:59 pm »
An open bar for cheaters? No, thanks.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

lol55

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 05:42:06 pm »
An open bar for cheaters? No, thanks.
Agree.
Big No

Gohan

• Vice War Contributor
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 05:50:32 pm »
I'll have to join ON again, hell no.
Funny Funny x 3 Friendly Friendly x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

TrapHole.

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 06:27:10 pm »
well is easy to hide
.asi files since i did it when i was a guy which used some tools. like y axis.
and now all make cheats with .exe so its more easy only one guy can block all shits like it and is hotdogcat

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 06:28:44 pm »
First person mods don't really add much, since the immersion is only visible to the player himself. We have had players using them in 0.3z and early days of 0.4

It isn't a game changing benefit that is worth to open the flood gates for hackers.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 08:33:25 pm »
First person mods...
you only focused on a single mod that you don't like,
I assume you're not into roleplay so there's that.

I have a solution, how about manually adding each mod into a whitelist, with a specific name and specific file size.
that if anyone wanted to hide a hack behind a popular mod's name, he'll fail because it is near impossible it will match the same file size.
and keep the same .asi ban you guys are posing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:38:31 pm by ripmemes »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 09:46:24 pm »
No too risky.

well is easy to hide
.asi files since i did it when i was a guy which used some tools. like y axis.
and now all make cheats with .exe so its more easy only one guy can block all shits like it and is hotdogcat
Funny Funny x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

TrapHole.

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 09:57:49 pm »
wilson you know how use hack in vcmp? put script in the gtavc.exe with it done.
easy way so in vcmp always will exist hacks for idiots who wast the time creating it like spitfire firecum kewun.
that guys need be globally banned and the problem will end
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Eazym4

• Fanatic
  • She belongs to the streets - Sir Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 10:00:42 pm »
VCMP gameplay is already so shitty due to these laggers i don’t want these mods to fuck it up more. And to the people saying ban hackers everytime they hack but sorry to say some retards change their uid on every join and its not possible for admins to invest all their time in to this stuff so it really has more problems than things to gain so NO

TrapHole.

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 10:53:52 pm »
VCMP gameplay is already so shitty due to these laggers i don’t want these mods to fuck it up more. And to the people saying ban hackers everytime they hack but sorry to say some retards change their uid on every join and its not possible for admins to invest all their time in to this stuff so it really has more problems than things to gain so NO
i'm with you!
we in all servers can make any system like rtv and accept account per account  so the problem will be solved

mairee

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 02:23:51 am »
This has been discussed on the VCMP forum countless times if I remember correctly, the developers refused to add mod support again (at that time). Have a read here.

Quote from: Stormeus
The answer to this ASI nonsense is no. Regardless of how many good ASIs you may link, I have zero faith in the community as a whole to responsibly use something so powerful, especially considering how absolutely no one seems to remember the confusion caused by widescreen fixes, trainers and F1 in 0.3, and that's what it comes down to.
Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 09:30:39 am »
VCMP gameplay is already so shitty due to these laggers i don’t want these mods to fuck it up more.
how would those mods fuck the game up, they're aesthetic. They have no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

ASI nonsense
I see stormeus is a man of stupendous taste, Shame.
I think he barely has interest for the game anymore

I have zero faith in the community as a whole to responsibly use something so powerful
what confusion will those few mods will make?
Quite literally stormeus had widescreen fix planned to be built in VCMP so it's feasible to fix those "confusions".
and there are only two confusions, one with the first person mod iirc and the other with the widescreen fix, which i think both can be built in just like widescreen is planned to be the next update.

you say hackers, hackers today use .exe files so almost no difference. Every year, every month there will be a new hack released, and a youtube video about it aswell, hacks appear, its creators are actively working on new effective ones due to the hatred they root to this community, there are still hackers, joining the game every single day. but you're still so reluctant, so convinced that allowing .asi would change everything.
and what about my suggestion that nobody cared to reply to? :

I have a solution, how about manually adding each mod into a whitelist, with a specific name and specific file size.
that if anyone wanted to hide a hack behind a popular mod's name, he'll fail because it is near impossible it will match the same file size.
and keep the same .asi ban you guys are posing.

in SAMP, they code entire scripts that detect weird behavior in pawn, which I see VC:MP's greatest minds fail to deliver in much more refined languages like java and c++, so what about the whitelist solution?

I understand you're trying to keep the game as competitive as possible, but do keep in mind that anyone who'd come back to play this game in 2020 or even play it the first time in their lives, they definitely won't play it in its vanilla state, it's old, it aged like a fine milk, first thing they do is google up some good mods that improve the visual of the game, and there is a shitton of videos about that, shitton of guides in gtaforums and also shitton of people who install these mods, finish the game, and want more, many of them would think of multiplayer but to their disappointment. they'll get banned.
you're the ones who are into DM, that won't bother you, just think of everyone else who wants to enjoy other aspects of this game. I see it selfish to deprive people of these mods due to mere assumptions that it will fuck up the gameplay or increase hackers, both of which are wrong and are refutable.

you want more players, then try more solutions, it's time you change something, because your casual A/D parties are getting more dull and boring. it's about time VCMP will die.

this is my last post on this matter,
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:55:43 am by ripmemes »
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »
it's about time VCMP will die.

Every year or every month someone comes here and says the same word since years but its still alive.
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex