login
April 27, 2024, 01:31:52 pm

Author Topic: Shooting VCDC  (Read 2620 times)

Bishop

• Banned
    • View Profile
Shooting VCDC
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:15:51 pm »
Hi guys

I just got done getting fraps to work, I had distorted sound and what not initially.

It runs perfectly now not counting desynch of the sound ;P

I plan on using the nick CAM1 for the stubby event... but I want you to consider where to place the camera and where to place the fighting in relation to the cam

Do you want it recorded over spectator, from the air or what's your thoughts?

Finally, I searched for a date for VCDC, is there one yet?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting VCDC
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:26 pm »
Finally, I searched for a date for VCDC, is there one yet?
erm.... VCDC has already started.
The match schedule is not specefic, players can have match anytime.

About recording, there are already players who are recording the matches(not all matches are being recorded), so if you want to create a video, just come to the server with your usual nick and start recording any match any way you want.

You can go through the forum for more information
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Bishop

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »
I was asked to shoot it, I guess no one told you that

Yeah I am talking about once we get the preliminary out of the way, I assume there will be quarter-finals, semi- etc.

So should I ask the same questions again lmfao

j.king

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 09:10:45 am »
yea bish, just hang out on irc #VCDC.Echo & #VCDC-US.Echo and keep an eye out for fights and feel free to come in and record - yeah its as simple as :P

Darfy

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 09:15:29 am »
Recording by spectating is buggy and it also might miss some of the sounds. I suggest you to record from the air using Cam hack. It gives you the best results by far.

Zegro

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 09:42:09 am »
Recording by spectating is buggy and it also might miss some of the sounds. I suggest you to record from the air using Cam hack. It gives you the best results by far.

yeah, recordin with spectate without the 'lock on' to players is cool
I'd prefer it if you could record to me bish, mine are only 640x512 without sound
:x
Cannot rate own posts

Bishop

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 11:27:47 am »
I thought you were going to set a date and then host the finals so people could show up and spectate?

I think you should pick a spot that can function as a gladiator arena, such as the drugyard near little haiti. Or what about the malls? Both have balconies that gives you an overlook of the pit - Colosseum style
Another answer could be in a swimming pool - ever seen Lion the Streetfighter?

Anyway, seperate spectators from fighters and chose a place with a dramatic feel or atmosphere to it, you have to come up with something special for the final - eyecandy and bling bling guys ;P

I haven't decided if the cam should be stactic yet but your definitely right about spectator -- maybe a 1st person view golf cart would make the best camera position, since it can go nearly everywhere

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 05:38:04 pm »
Yeah, we will set dates for quarters, semis and the final. That way they will be like mini (or in the the end huge) events.

I like the idea of changing the loc for the final stages, I'll put a topic in the suggestion section asking for suggestions, then make a poll off that to decide the most popular ones.

About cam hacking and composing the video itself, talk to RYZ, he almost always on IRC and he is a pro cameraman, he also has score tables and stuff that can flash up in the video.

Check this out also:
http://blip.tv/file/2278082/

Shot by Hanney, edited by RYZ
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 05:41:54 pm by Cutton »

Writer of excessively long posts