April 28, 2024, 05:29:49 am

Author Topic: LWs Etiquette  (Read 1097 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
LWs Etiquette
« on: January 29, 2020, 03:14:37 pm »
This discussion has been going on for as long as I've played VC:MP, but I'd like to get people's insights on it these days.

Whenever I play LWs, I see people complaining about '1v1' in downtown, and I also see 'friends' or 'allied clans' not shooting each other, despite the fact that they're on a different team.

I used to do this back in 2008, but by 2009 my attitude shifted completely, and I started thinking fuck it, it's a team game, if you're not on my team then you're going down. People say 'But we're friends!' and I say 'Yeah, and in VC:MP, friends kill each other.'

I want to fight the most experienced players, and the whole point of clans is for us to work as a team to overwhelm the others. Otherwise, in my eyes, we might as well hang up our tags. If you wanna 1v1, make a friend and go to a server where you can teleport.

What do you think?
Agree Agree x 4 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: LWs Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 03:47:57 pm »
Sorry Charley don't mind but,

This topic made me laugh actually. You are trying to change something that won't stop even if you get piss poor. This game's culture and altitude getting worse day by day. One of the reason is because of an business named cafe and its probable allowance of letting many kind of players who don't even got into teenagers or don't know how to behave correctly. First was this, a cafe dude or someone watches you he be like "S75 PLZ GIB CASH 5000000000" or "S75 DON"T KILL PLZ PLEJ PLOX" and etcetra. I have even seen many dudes whom I am playing for first time, spams shitton not to kill him or something else. It does not mean that you stop the cafe or something but there should be some proper restriction.

About not killing friends, Half of the reasons are they afraid that they would get whacked out by the opposite dude. I was dueling with an newbie dude and the results are prominent, I would win with a observable score. The dude be like "SIR NO KILL PLEJ" or more. Happens in forum too. Let's take an example, I make this post I barely get any reaction but think if it was you or some other dudes. 15x friendly, 15x winner and bla bla bla... Because of amount of the respect you gained. Even I have seen aXXo just giving a notification about "Locked" and I was like n what the fuck I don't get any by making paragraphs and his one word is enough? :v

My actual point is, kids are getting into the games and making it non-adults game resulting many peoples leaving vc-mp and more kids playing this shit so we cannot stop it. I have tried to do the same but it gets them offended badly and be non-friends. That's all
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 04:03:21 pm »
Typical LW, when you start to rekt some players.

random lw player: please don't fuck me i have aids

you cannot do anything about it.
Funny Funny x 2 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 04:04:44 pm »
I believe this happens due to two things:

1. These players avoid going to another server with teleport features and more prepared for 1v1, not because of the server, instead, due to that LWs is probably the most played place nowadays, and there is a little desire of playing with more people around than you and your friend. For instance, I enjoy variety when I play, some minutes driving around, talking and hanging around, teamplaying later and also dueling. If you join another server with 0 players just to duel, it might become boring after just minutes.

2. Many people might have the intention, myself included, to fight with their friends, but these friends who are against this,  have an acquired culture of not-fighting you and when you do so, they make you look like you're the error, and they get angry - so simple, you choose to avoid fighting them to avoid a discussion.

I agree that fighting with friends is more entertainful than avoid shooting when they are in a different team, or picking the same skin. But it's a culture that is hard to remove.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:06:58 pm by Calhoun »

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Aegon

• Fanatic
  • Miami Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 05:33:26 pm »
Yes, this happens. If you kill one of the players, after a while your dm gets spammed with "Pls don't kill me " ,  "Pls friends". Can't stop this from happening

MasterOz

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 06:28:53 pm »
Those new players whom we come across everyday(mostly underaged) are afraid as sezar mentioned above. I shared the same mentality couple of years ago as surviving in LW needs you to be with teams rather than playing manfully.
Well fuck it,no fun is to rape a single newbie for spreez. Be a man with real balls and fight each other,make vcmp a fun place,especially LWs.
It is right to fuck off those anyway who come to fight you at first and then spam pm asking for forgiveness and other stuff.. If anyhow you love to team then go against these kinds of sluggish retards with their parts in developing stage and correct their mentality of things.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 06:32:35 pm by MasterOz »

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 01:49:02 am »
You are trying to change something

I'm not trying to change anything actually :p I'm just seeing what the general feel towards this sort of attitude is.

And I'm not talking about random kids saying 'friend no kill plz', I'm talking about experienced players not killing their friends or people with a high reputation, even if they're killing one of their teammates right in front of them.

LWs is probably the most played place nowadays, and there is a little desire of playing with more people around than you and your friend.

Yeah, I thought about this too, but in my opinion that's bandwagoning, which is a dangerous behaviour in the face of new and innovative servers. 'Let's support this lesser server because it's busier, instead of supporting this better server even though it's emptier'. I get it, I too have felt like that in the past, but I still think it's kinda sad. That's why whenever I want to 1v1, or someone wants to duel me, I ask to take it to VKs.

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 02:16:54 am »
Yes, I agree. No glitching, no many features, locked 30 fps, no teleports. But as it's busier, people play it. It is sad for the people developing and that pass on time scripting servers which could show a much better card.

But well, it's not much of something we can do about. Revolutions are made by the villages, not the men  ;D

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Jellyfish

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 04:39:27 am »
In regards to the stuff mentioned above about LW being somewhat popular despite the state of VC:MP, it's simply due to it (historically and at the moment) appealing to the lowest common denominator. It's easy to team up, you're relatively safe, and most importantly, you cannot be relentlessly ganked due to the lack of a teleport system, so "player1234" sticks around a bit longer than usual. They have, like the rest of VC:MP, lost of the core of their veteran players almost completely. (I blame the 30 fps lock myself ((((: )

In terms of etiquette, I agree with you completely. Clan mates not shooting each other despite being in different teams, and even "friends" not doing it, is pretty silly. It's the reason why I played under an alias most of the time. That said, this is hardly a problem endemic to LW, you'll find it pretty much everywhere.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 06:23:18 am by Jellyfish »

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 08:24:31 am »
It's the reason why I played under an alias most of the time.

Hehe, why? People not shooting you are easy kills.

Usually when I go into a server there will be a mixture of responses from people I don't know, but either know VU, or know of my name. Some of them will be the friendly no-kill people, who I promptly shoot in the face so that they start fighting back. Others are like '[VU]Charley fuck meng I'm gonna pwn this guy' and hunt me with everything they have.

Re. LWs, I didn't mean this as a criticism of the server. I think LWs has found its niche, and it nails it. It is the best at what it does. The thing I'm always amazed at is how people demand LWs to be something it isn't. It's like, okay, if you're not happy with how it is here, go somewhere else.

I remember back in 08 when [SkT]Obito used to run around downtown with an m60 and spaz, everyone would hate on him so hard. And then when the old MTA players came in, they completely blew the thing wide open. They were good, experienced players, and they said 'fuck your 1v1s' and owned everyone haha. That's always my intention when I go in there with a couple of VUs these days, to make the most formidable team and overwhelm the others.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 08:52:35 am »
I don't play lw's but I always kill everyone regardless of friendship. Even VU's if they're in another skin. There's no greater pleasure starting as 1 guy and getting a whole bandwagon in your skin :D
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 01:51:52 pm »
This discussion has been going on for as long as I've played VC:MP, but I'd like to get people's insights on it these days.

Whenever I play LWs, I see people complaining about '1v1' in downtown, and I also see 'friends' or 'allied clans' not shooting each other, despite the fact that they're on a different team.

I used to do this back in 2008, but by 2009 my attitude shifted completely, and I started thinking fuck it, it's a team game, if you're not on my team then you're going down. People say 'But we're friends!' and I say 'Yeah, and in VC:MP, friends kill each other.'

I want to fight the most experienced players, and the whole point of clans is for us to work as a team to overwhelm the others. Otherwise, in my eyes, we might as well hang up our tags. If you wanna 1v1, make a friend and go to a server where you can teleport.

What do you think?

this is what I think know -

this whole '1v1 in downtown' thing and the 'I thought we were friends' is not official LW 'etiquette', I don't endorse it and have personally been vocal in its discussion.

as far as '1v1 motherfucker don't disturb' is concerned - LWs is a team death match server and will continue to officially be regarded as such. ganging up is part of the game mode.

if one wants to 1v1 on LWs, one is offered to find a place where it would be difficult for such a duel to be meddled with, but at the same time to be able to prepare for such an interference.

OR alternatively move to a server more designated for 1v1. the last prime example of such a server was stormeus's VCDC server.

as far as 'we frnds bro Don't kill Thankx.." goes - obviously there will be times where even I will treat one of a different team neutrally, but that doesn't restrict me from shooting at someone like that at any given point in time. that is also part of the game mode.

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 05:22:01 pm »
this "plz friends" phrase is one of the biggest cancers on this game personally thinking
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:27:34 pm by lederhos »

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 08:23:26 pm »
One of the biggest problem I faced in LW was when we fighting others and VU's Trainee and Rookies standing and doing nothing, asked them why you didn't save us, oh sorry they are our friends.

@Veteran remember this? :D
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • خطائیں عمرِ رفتہ کی، سزائیں عمرِ حاضر کو
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 05:29:11 am »
I used to be against this team up thing and came up with a concern to LW Staff. But with the fact we can't be dead sure every time that players in different teams teamed up, suggestion was discarded.

I still don't favour the thing but its how it is going.

Whenever I open arena, I try to make sure that no one team up in there.

Actually I agree with you Charley

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

Wanna share your opinion about me? https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=8850