May 06, 2024, 11:28:28 am

Author Topic: IMPORTANT EVERYONE READ - NOT A JOKE  (Read 5808 times)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT EVERYONE READ - NOT A JOKE
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:31 pm »
stupid asshole
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »
So the fucktard that is Ray has somehow gained access to about 20,000 passwords from various VC:MP forums and servers. We have no idea how he did it, but he has.
It's forum cracking 101. Once you gain access to a single forum's database you are bound to encounter a person's password who administrates another forum and when crack that forum you gain administration access to more forums. In other words, the web effect takes place. Same shit goes for servers as well.

How is this possible? Simply because people are too lazy to use complex and different passwords for each forum. For not doing so they endanger themselves and sometimes other people. Complexity makes it harder to brute-force the hashes and different passwords prevent the intruder from breaking into your other accounts.

This can lead to many more problems than getting your favorite forum/server screwed. Think of all the email, social network and bank accounts of average members that use the same pass that can be broken into.

Unlike what seems like the entire VCMP community, I'm very paranoid when it comes to this matter. I use handy software called KeePass for storing, managing and generating my passwords.
My average pass consists of 17 random ASCII characters MINIMUM. Which means none would even bother on cracking my shit without some insane cluster computer power, if not a super computer. Something that is beyond the reach of nubs like Ray. And even if someone magically did  so, I still use a different password on every single website. Which would prevent any further damage to be done to me.

But at the end of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/v/evfIN_ckc7E
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

kyber7

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »
How I imagine Ray:

"i meat Charley and he teaches me to be a strong fighter and thats no joke"

~ Summer, 2010
  "The Beginning"

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 09:37:22 pm »
No need to post here anymore really

Writer of excessively long posts