April 27, 2024, 01:37:39 pm

Author Topic: Travel tips  (Read 937 times)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
Travel tips
« on: January 14, 2022, 01:13:52 pm »
So I've been saving some dollars as I've been working hard and I don't have anything to spend my money on.

I discovered that I would like to travel around the world and use this money for that.

But, since I'm 19 years old and I've never been to any other big place more than Córdoba in Argentina (not even Buenos Aires), I am not sure of what I should do first.

I mean should I save extra pennies in case of emergency? or should I just go with enough money to cover up the most of my spendings?

What country should I visit the first? for I'd like to travel to a lot of countries, for instance England, Ireland, Germany, the United States, Israel, so I can't really decide where to spend all my money (it's the most important decision cuz saving for a trip in Arg costs 2x in time and effort). There is an advantage in Israel for instance, it's cheaper and I could visit Egypt during the same trip, but I do believe England is more beauty.

Any piece of advice?
Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Travel tips
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 02:39:19 pm »
I'd personally get to visit my own country first. You might even be surprised what you can find.

I've traveled quite a good amount of Europe, yet I still yearly find new nice places I haven't been to in Croatia, and that's like one tenth of argentinian territory.
Agree Agree x 4 Informative Informative x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 05:47:00 pm »
Coming Pakistan will avoid you from half of the expenses. People here are hospitable like nowhere else, you will be offered free of cost pretty much everything.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:48:41 pm by GoRcEE »
Informative Informative x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 06:05:48 pm »
Coming Pakistan will avoid you from half of the expenses. People here are hospitable like nowhere else, you will be offered free of cost pretty much everything.
Yes, I have heard about that, definitely a country I want to visit.

I'd personally get to visit my own country first. You might even be surprised what you can find.

I've traveled quite a good amount of Europe, yet I still yearly find new nice places I haven't been to in Croatia, and that's like one tenth of argentinian territory.
Yes. I guess this is a good suggestion; I know only the north part of Argentina (Salta - Tucumán - Santiago del Estero - Chaco), but I have never gone to the south. But let's say, the main purpose of my travellings is to know different languages and cultures, rather than places.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 07:19:19 pm »
So I've been saving some dollars as I've been working hard and I don't have anything to spend my money on.

visit spain and since you dont have anything to spend your money on i can also sell you a brand new gpu for a good friend price, come and buy ok.
Funny Funny x 6 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

killerkid

• Fanatic
  • Hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 11:27:27 pm »
Italy is best imo, then france and spain.
If you're thinking of coming to Ireland, don't just stay in dublin, it's shitty place with shitty peoples. The rest of the ireland is great.(everyone says that)
Also, in ireland it's really difficult to find room, make sure you book in advance for as long as you're going to stay. Book student hostels during your stays as they're cheaper then bnbs.
And definitely save extra money for emergencies as sometimes you can miss bus and have to take taxi or you meet a beautiful girl  ::).
Some unexpected things happens and you lose money way faster then you expected. I remember i had only 3€ euros when i was returning from italy 😁 but since i had help from my family it wasn't much of a problem for me. I used to order food from uber using their card.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:31:26 pm by killerkid »
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men!

Hazard

• Crazy Man
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 10:34:30 am »
If you like open areas, hills, mountains and natural views of the world.

I would prefer you to visit Switzerland, one of the best in this list

FuckTinG

• Banned
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 11:34:37 pm »
VISIT ROMANIA IF YOU'RE GIRL, LET'S FUCK
Friendly Friendly x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 09:30:25 pm »
@HunTinG and especially @PaiN I removed some of the shitposts. If you wanna keep on bickering either do it privately, or stick to a single (and appropriate) thread

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 03:53:06 pm »
Go Dubai, easy on pocket and it's fun.

In India you will find Kerela and Goa to be quite attractive although it totally depends on what you like.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 04:52:40 pm »
Ok so now some actual tips regarding traveling abroad;

-about money, don't try to travel on a budget. If you're looking to really experience the place you are going to, my rule is to ask myself how much do I need (not including travel fees and accomodation expenses), and bring double that much. You just never really know what might go wrong, and you don't want to miss out on a certain activity because you're short on cash either. It should also ho without saying don't carry all your cash on your person. Have a bit of cash on hand, rest either in a popular credit card provider, or your personal lockbox in your hotel room, most of the decent hotels have one now.

-don't use local taxi services, especially around airports or terminals, you'll get scammed, dude will make a 5 min drive go on for 40. Use Uber or Bolt if available. Alternative could be rent a car but make sure you're familiar with the rules of traffic of the country.

-random people approaching you on the street are not always as friendly as they seem. Keep an open mind but be careful.

-nightclubs. When you order a drink, try to see what the waitor is doing with it. Never leave your drink unattended (e.g. Leave it while you go to the restroom). If a local is drunk and starts harrasing you for some reason or another (or none at all), you don't understand their language and you don't speak English or anything else. Back out and leave after selling that. Pro tip: waitors can be super helpful in pointing you in the direction of whatever place/activity you're looking for. If you plan to come back to the same bar multiple times, tip them. You will get much better service, and they will even help out if you find yourself in trouble.

-culture differences. Google is your friend, but even he doesn't know everything. Just observe behavior of people and try to understand the basic society norms, but don't try copying them if you don't fully understand.

-contacts. Google what the numbers are for police, and emergency services in the country you're visiting. Google where your embassy is and save their number, if by some chance you lose your documents, they are the only ones that can and will help you.

Can't think of anything else right now

Oh right, if you're traveling far away e.g different continent, don't drink the water from tap, or anything containing tap water, use bottled. Very important.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 04:55:59 pm by ferrari32 »
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Shadow.Jack^

• Fanatic
  • Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2022, 07:31:05 pm »
Buy Minecraft, go for a big adventure with your dog & horse, explore all biomes & dimensions and have fun ;D.
Funny Funny x 2 (list)

Ülker

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Viva la VU! ❤️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 08:44:13 pm »
Buy Minecraft, go for a big adventure with your dog & horse, explore all biomes & dimensions and have fun ;D.

Fuck yeah! Also, be sure to pass by and pay your respects to the holy MAGMA 2021 shrine.

Funny Funny x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Vice Underdog | VCCnR Manager (Former) | VCAD Moderator (Former) | RTV Administrator | KotH Administrator
(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 03:42:06 pm »
I have a little preoccupation about flights. I can't understand the policy. What if I miss a flight for circumstances that didn't depend on myself? Like bad weather or so, will I get a refund? Any tip to avoid having these kinda problems?

Also, since dolars bank accounts in Argentina are (partially) prohibited, can I bring like 1000 dollars to an airport? lmao