April 28, 2024, 01:07:09 pm

Author Topic: XE  (Read 34714 times)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: XE
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2016, 06:40:29 pm »
Gotta admit it you guys are brilliant in bringing dead things to breathing.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2016, 07:52:04 pm »
and do they have a sense of ownership in EC? nope

Yes.

what do you want XE to do in it's current state?

'sense of ownership' ideas in it (which you should elaborate on because i have no clue what do you mean, if the server would have playercount on a daily basis then it's obvious we would ask players before implementing a change if that's what you mean lol)

I've already written at length about this, in this thread. XE ought to have been recreated as: democratic, open, adaptable and values-led. I won't elaborate on how this should have been done, because as I said, I've already written about it.

I just want to note that what I've said isn't intended to be an attack on you and the other managers personally, Krys. I think you're good people, just not good managers.

I just leave this discussion.

My saying that was supposed to be indicative of the clear interest in an open, community-led revival of XE among a decent number of players, in contradiction to your 'niche' analysis, and to point out the lack of community support for the elitist model that the current XE management have chosen to perpetuate.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »

What do you mean by that? Human is the one and only developer/owner of EC, Mashreq is current scripter.

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2016, 06:52:58 pm »

What do you mean by that? Human is the one and only developer/owner of EC, Mashreq is current scripter.

Nah not like that. What it means is whether or not the community has a direct impact on what goes on with the server's development, whether its the developers that listen to the players or if its the players that have to listen to the developers.

• When the developers listen the players, the developers make what the community wants, the server is based off what the community is asking for (in the idealistic sense).

• When its the players that have to listen to the developers, that means that the developers make what they want and whether you the player enjoy it or not, that's what you're getting so deal with it (also in the idealistic sense).

The argument now behind that is that XE leans to the "players have to listen to developers" side and EC leans to the "developers listen to the players" side
Agree Agree x 2 (list)