April 28, 2024, 05:05:30 am

Author Topic: Shift to 0.4?  (Read 4120 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Shift to 0.4?
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:19:59 am »
So I see a stable release of 0.4 is available now, and there are servers, but no one appears to be playing it.

Why do people think this is? And how should the shift to the new version be promoted?

For one thing it appears as though the official site hasn't been updated, and it took my quite some searching to find the new one... does anything know why that is? Does Stormeus no longer have access to the official one?

Speaking of Stormeus, where is he these days? Doesn't come round these parts no more?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shift to 0.4?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:50:33 am »
Stormeus idling in irc like a boss.

and if i say forum so..

Last Active:
    October 31, 2014, 08:59:31 pm ...  ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:33:37 pm by WiLsOn »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:53:31 am »
LBRs are the only persons I've seen to make a considerable switch to 0.4. Other than that, it's either non-familiarity of these servers or problems getting 0.4 to even work in the first place. It's stable when it works but if I didn't do my own soul searching as to why Visual C++ Redistributive wasn't updating, I would not be able to play 0.4 to this date. And considering how long I've been absent to how long 0.4 existed, my pinned post on the fix for Windows 8.1 64 bit may be far too late for anyone to look back in the direction of what could have been a silent issue among the community.

But giving the benefit of the doubt, all it's going to take to shift is familiarity really. I have played a select few of the 0.4 servers but I could never bring myself to register to some of them. For example LBRs want your password and email like their registry is IRC......that's excessive and just spells trouble in my eyes.
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:20 am »
We[VUs] should make a move too :p by bringing VU server back ;) i don't only see 0.4 empty 0.3z also empty these days only LW gets some ppl somehow.

vcmp dying everyday.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:41:58 pm »
We[VUs] should make a move too :p by bringing VU server back ;) i don't only see 0.4 empty 0.3z also empty these days only LW gets some ppl somehow.

vcmp dying everyday.
I could say that there might be something on the works!

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:57:20 pm »

vcmp dying everyday.
I could say that there might be something on the works!
If you ain't kidding then i think i know what you mean there.  :D
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Gohan

• Vice War Contributor
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 04:26:03 pm »
I think 0.4 version, when be open, will be death in little time... Because most of players don't like the mode of gameplay, 0.3z was the best version from my side.
Disagree Disagree x 4 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

Bart

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »
0.3z is better for me 8)
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 04:45:00 pm »
I have to say 0.4 is amazing. It just needs good gamemodes and a good community/server behind it in order for it to flourish properly.

0.3z was buggy as fuck tbh.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 05:14:31 pm »
0.4 is way better then 0.3 when you get used to it. 0.3 is so fucking bugged it's a miracle there's actually still people playing.

Yes, 0.4 is still a bit off the radar because Stormeus has lost access to the old website. There's a new site along with a new forum up at http://vc-mp.org

Just like Knucis said, a VU server is most certainly planned.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 05:27:08 pm »
Y'all hate 0.4 because you can't do the craps you do in 0.3z, 0.4 is better and always will be, try something new because new always better.

Anarki

• Crazy Man
  • True Street Kings
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 05:28:32 pm »
I think 0.4 version, when be open, will be death in little time... Because most of players don't like the mode of gameplay, 0.3z was the best version from my side.
People are accustomed playing in 0.3 version. That's why you liked more than the new one.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »
Y'all hate 0.4 because you can't do the craps you do in 0.3z, 0.4 is better and always will be, try something new because new always better.
Why aren't we playing gta v then?

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
Why aren't we playing gta v then?
Lucky those who are playing, we can't afford such game, no big deal for me.

Gohan

• Vice War Contributor
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 06:34:16 pm »
People are accustomed playing in 0.3 version. That's why you liked more than the new one.
Exactly, you understand me.  8)

Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.