March 28, 2024, 10:31:07 am

Author Topic: VC:MP 0.4  (Read 8069 times)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: VC:MP 0.4
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 05:11:13 am »
0.3z with VCA would have been better
There were too many bugs that are forgotten now.

Remember the "bugged" bug? When a player couldn't damage anyone and had to /kill. That was so game breaking, that having a good clan war was almost impossible.
The sniper zoom got reset when a player spawned.

Apart from the client bugs, the servers were pretty fucked up too. It was hard to maintain a decent uptime for any type of server. They could go down every time KaraN was killed  O0
remember 25 fps bug on 1st beta ?
Server crashing in every 2 mins and all ?

no

Quote from: Darfy
but at least the shotgun sync in 0.3z was bearable and not nearly as inconsistent as in 0.4. First things first.......

^ 90% of the reason why 0.3z players complain about 0.4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:20:04 am by krystianoo »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

rickyy

• Vice Underdog Trainee (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
  • GAMERS DON'T DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 04:10:08 pm »
Technically 0.4 is better than 0.3 but i love 0.3 (r2) as from 0.3 only my vcmp career started and i got to play with many experienced players at that time which are hard to find nowadays.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Darfy

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 05:30:43 pm »
Quote from: Darfy
but at least the shotgun sync in 0.3z was bearable and not nearly as inconsistent as in 0.4. First things first.......
^ 90% of the reason why 0.3z players complain about 0.4
Utilization of shotguns has always been the core element of VC-MP combat and thus their sync is essential for making the gameplay experience enjoyable. After playing with decent shotgun sync for half a decade, it's just frustrating seeing it go for the worse. Most 0.3z players can relate to this and that's why they complain - and they're well justified to.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:11:24 pm by Darfy »
Agree Agree x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Radon

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 07:44:20 pm »
I see that Caspos was arround to rate brain donor in all this posts.
Cannot rate own posts

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 07:48:18 pm »
First time i played 0.4 and noticed ghost shooting was no more possible i closed and removed it from my pc immediately, but somewhat ive managed to deal with these 0.4 cheaters we got nowadays i never used m4 (m60 most of times) now ive managed nto to be a noob with it at all, ive also earnt a good skill level in other weps i never used before as rocket or sniper.

Although i liked 0.3 way more especially R1 not r2, removing ghost shooting made it more equal between 0.4 players and old players also removing ghost shooting was a hella motherfucking fail from VCMP devs side in my opinion, they fucked 1v1 vcmp essence in order to give priority to m4 whores.

VCMP devs forced me to be a punching whore, thanks for removing ghost shot.

Castagna

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Veteran. EA Server Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 04:08:07 am »
The biggest noob I have ever faced in these 6 years playing this mod.

VC:MP Veteran. Extreme Addicts Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader.

Dukeiii

• Fanatic
  • LIVE! DIE! SPAWN AGAIN!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 05:12:17 am »
0.3 was easy to install and use whereas 0.4 requires many specifications. Scripting in 0.4 is tough to do while scripting in 0.3 was really very easy. There is no doubt that 0.4 is more efficient, better and updated version than 0.3. 
Disagree Disagree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 09:59:32 am »
0.3 was easy to install and use whereas 0.4 requires many specifications. Scripting in 0.4 is tough to do while scripting in 0.3 was really very easy. There is no doubt that 0.4 is more efficient, better and updated version than 0.3. 
Dude, you could not do shit in 0.3z's script if you compare it with 0.4 so that's no valid point.

About the requirements of 0.4, well you are living in 2017 where most of the game requires something extra, but however all the plugins you need to install to run 0.4 are pretty much basic plugins for a PC and you will need tham some other software if not for vcmp.

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 10:14:48 am »
I think we shouldn't generalise and mix two main differences into a single issue. The first one is the apparent missing glitches and worse sync in close combat, the other one being the possibility to edit aim sensitivity that wasn't possible before. Both things gave popularity to a stealthier fighting style with the prominent use of assault rifles like M4 and Ruger. If you ask me, having a larger variety is a good thing and doesn't require less skill than close combat.
Agree Agree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 11:09:43 am »
The biggest noob I have ever faced in these 6 years playing this mod.
When he doesn't understand what people are talking about, he start rating brain donor to seek attention.

@Casper rate me brain donor, and make yourself attention whore of VU forum, you trailer park piece of trash.

sry for going off topic.
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Thomas

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2017, 02:09:16 pm »
Both different version cannot be compared, Generally 0.4 has been developed by Argonath player, a full time sync engine guy needed a good sync during an Role play gaming ''Stormeus" while 0.3z has been developed by baksan FALCON and Maxorator, i ain't saying 0.4 is only developed by stormeus but i feel that stormeus has more dominating hand in the development of 0.4 hence too much sync which worsen the combats with shotguns.

in my opinion, 0.3 is still better than 0.4 if you exclude the 0.3 bugs, for combats only.

in 0.4 the sync engines has been the main focus point in the development hence the 0.3 players complain about dueling and other stuff. [LESS FUN MORE REALITY], The M4 shots are fired, but if you notice the bullets doesn't come from Nozzle, but a little bit underneath the rifle itself, hence most of the people dislike it. and if you talk about headshots, y-axis has been improved which causes a slight practice in headshots

PS: i call for a ban on casper.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:59:09 pm by Thomas »
Disagree Disagree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

Casper

• Crazy Man
  • Dark Fighters
    • View Profile
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 02:23:38 pm »
HostName: GTA.ru TDM Server

Address:  46.39.225.193:5192
Players:  0 / 30
Ping:     124
Mode:     GTA.TDM
Map:      Vice-City

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:58:56 pm by Casper »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 7 (list)

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 04:49:12 pm »

In that Video its shows 359
Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 04:54:12 pm »

You don't need 0.3 to play that, you can just access it from 0.4 browser by adding it among favourites.

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 05:06:05 pm »
If we put the IP of the servers of 0.4 browser we can access them in 0.3?
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex