April 27, 2024, 07:17:06 pm

Author Topic: Application - Ulker  (Read 2998 times)

Ülker

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Viva la VU! ❤️
    • View Profile
Application - Ulker
« on: September 15, 2023, 03:01:13 pm »
Nick: Ulker / Ulkz0r

Timezone/Country: United Kingdom | GMT ± 0

Previous Nicks: iNs.Ulker, [VU]Ulker and [VU]Ulkz0r

Additional Comments: Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well.

This time I'm going to keep it short and sweet. I last applied just over a couple of months ago but got denied due from what I was told to be a lack of trust by a considerable number of members because of my application and replies being perceived as dishonest, and some of our private DMs as deceiving. In all honesty I might've come across as a bit too much to some of you and I apologise for that. It was only because I had a lot to get off my chest and I really care about rejoining this family, otherwise I still stand behind everything that I stated - as it is the whole truth.

As I said last time I'm busy with life nower days and don't have as much time for VC:MP like I did before, but to me coming clean about the events of last year and rejoining VU has always been that I needed to do to at least start making things right again. I've left a link to my previous application here for anyone who may not be up to date on everything, or may want to refresh themselves on anything. I think everything was addressed in that app, but if there's anything else on your minds then please be sure to let me know.

Thank you all once again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 05:51:47 pm by Roystang »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vice Underdog | VCCnR Manager (Former) | VCAD Moderator (Former) | RTV Administrator | KotH Administrator
(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

Major

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Application - Ulker
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 04:04:56 pm »
everyone deserves another chance and I don't have any problem seeing you back here how would I, this is your home, Full.
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 08:26:42 pm »
Trainee, as I had voted in your last application.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

MarshM

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 05:40:36 am »
Good luck :thumbsup:

Image Credits [ULK]Gulk

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 08:27:40 am »
What do you think changed since your last application?

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Ülker

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Viva la VU! ❤️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 04:31:42 pm »
I would say what's really changed is my attitude.

You concluded my last application with 4 key points that the members who voted no had a problem with, so I'll go through them all one by one.
  • An inability to follow / practice VU clan ethos and constitution. This is the one thing I feel I can only apologise for and promise to do better as I can only show it to you all once I'm back in the clan. It's something I proved myself capable for almost 2 years before the events of last year, and will prove so again.
  • Members perceiving my efforts as dishonest / deceiving. I'm keeping this app and all my replies short, concise and straight to the point as to not come across as disingenuous.
  • Overly attempting to privately influence members' decision making. I have DMed some members to just let them know that I've reapplied, but have kept it to just that. I'm respecting everyone's votes and opinions regardless of their decision. Notably I've also excluded DMing those who I realised I came on too strong for last time as to respect their boundaries.
  • A lack of trust. I hope that these changes, along with me showing my continued interest in rejoining the clan, will help in regaining your confidence and the confidence of others.
I hope this answers your question for everyone.

Vice Underdog | VCCnR Manager (Former) | VCAD Moderator (Former) | RTV Administrator | KotH Administrator
(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

Alpays

• Vice Underdog
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 05:02:25 pm »
Best of luck Ülker!!!! Positive again O0

CarlessCar: GTA6 will be like Windows 10 and 11, you will get it for free as a update. Just play GTA5, it is the next GTA already

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 07:37:25 pm »
What is your understanding of our ethos and constitution?

Oh by the way, I feel it offensive the fact that you keep a "Viva la VU!" phrase despite the current circumstances. And also your 'Vice Underdogs' banner with some unknown ass bitch touching his heart. I would heartily appreciate if you removed it until you get accepted. If you do not want to follow my recommended procedure, it's okay, just do as you please.

Disagree Disagree x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Ülker

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Viva la VU! ❤️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2023, 11:17:35 pm »
It'll be good for me to reread both of them if I get reaccepted - since they're for VU eyes only - to refresh my memory, but I'll recite what I remember after all this time. The constitution are the rules, (such as the obligation of fair play and well mannered behaviour,) and the ethos are the guidelines, (such as the responsibility of representing the clan the best you can and promoting competition - like VU hosting tournaments and events since it's inception,) to which all VUs must abide by. They mean a great deal to me because they're the founding principles of the Vice Underdogs and are the reason why the clan has stood the test of time for 15 years.

As for the phrase and the banner, I don't really understand why this has all of a sudden become "offensive" to you when I've mostly forgotten and left them unchanged on my profile since year and a half after my departure and even during the whole duration of when I first reapplied. The phrase was coined a long time ago but we, (our roster at the time,) repopularised it during our amazing comeback in the EAD / VCAD League. The meme banner is a fun memory of when PunkNoodle edited the Turkish President and Indian PM onto Charley's infamous banner for me and Lederhos respectively - who I should mention still had his one when he reapplied too.

Frankly I don't see anything wrong with either of these, but despite my opinion I've still gone ahead and removed both of them for your comfort. I hope none of this has offended you any further, I felt that what you said was out of context and filled it in accordingly.

(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 12:07:20 am »

As for the phrase and the banner, I don't really understand why this has all of a sudden become "offensive" to you when I've mostly forgotten and left them unchanged on my profile since year and a half after my departure and even during the whole duration of when I first reapplied. The phrase was coined a long time ago but we, (our roster at the time,) repopularised it during our amazing comeback in the EAD / VCAD League. The meme banner is a fun memory of when PunkNoodle edited the Turkish President and Indian PM onto Charley's infamous banner for me and Lederhos respectively - who I should mention still had his one when he reapplied too.

Frankly I don't see anything wrong with either of these, but despite my opinion I've still gone ahead and removed both of them for your comfort. I hope none of this has offended you any further, I felt that what you said was out of context and filled it in accordingly.
I don't see any need for you to remove them ulker. I've gotta disagree with vedder here. Nothing wrong with it imo. Nothing to offend you. These 2 things resembled good memories of the league that we won and ulker was a main part of it. Also I don't remember that anyone ever took a signature seriously on this forum.

I guess we better focus on the app
Agree Agree x 4 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 12:26:03 am »
Was your motivation to join VU affected by the previous app Ulker?

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 12:34:30 am »
LMAO! it was just a joke. i better keep my mouth shut and stop diverting this app xD
Funny Funny x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2023, 08:36:18 am »
How active would you rate yourself from 1-10?

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Ülker

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Viva la VU! ❤️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 03:02:09 pm »
Was your motivation to join VU affected by the previous app Ulker?
I was definitely not deterred if that's what you mean, in fact I would say I was more motivated by such an overwhelming amount of support that I didn't expect to still have. Those who still have faith in me gave me the push I needed to work on regaining the trust of the others too.

And thank you for remembering those memories Oma, they mean more to me than I can express in words.

How active would you rate yourself from 1-10?
If I'm completely honest with you I'd say like a 5 at the moment, but that's only really on Discord and other games like Valorant, R6 Siege and Minecraft.

With the current state of VC:MP I honestly don't think that activity in VC itself is as important of a responsibility for a clan member as it once was. Most of us are older now and have moved on to spending our free time with one another playing other games, notably CS:GO for a few. If this was an application for a role in the staff team of a server then I would say otherwise, but that's not the case. Although I haven't joined VC for a while now, I'd like to quote something I said in my last app:
Most VUs have moved on with their lives, now I have too as I'm just reaching the end of my first year at Uni. Even though there’s not as much that I could contribute to the clan now, I’m always still ready to put the Vice Underdogs first and adapt for any unexpected resurgence like what we had during the Covid-19 quarantine.
I believe this applies perfectly to the ongoing CTF tournament, where players can be withdrawn and added if required. We had a similar situation during the League where Xmair needed me substitute for him during our first match against TT. Although I was only supposed to be a replacement for one match and had a very limited experience with DM at the time, we know that the rest is history.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2023, 03:31:39 pm »
Voting no in regards to your activity. Best case scenario I would vote trainee, but what would the point of that be if you cannot uphold activity.