login
April 27, 2024, 11:54:30 pm

Author Topic: About new Vice War  (Read 529 times)

DarkSid3R

• Regular
    • View Profile
About new Vice War
« on: October 23, 2022, 06:58:30 pm »
Well, it's been really long since we had a vice war , is there anyone working on it , or we do have to wait more?

I just wish to experience it again , the server would be clouded with old players and would bring back vice war memories.
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Re: About new Vice War
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 12:15:37 am »
Pretty sure another topic like this is around somewhere. If & when I find it, this topic will be merged with it, so be aware of that.

I'll outline the problem with VW with a backstory:

From as far back as 2020, a small group of new directors took on the mantle after my announced retirement. The group definitely had the zeal at the time and work was being put in, however, life happened and the new director went missing to this day as far as I can tell. In seeing this, I was invited to the project in 2021 as an advisor on paper but more of stand-in in reality.

For the while I was active, the project got going again but came to another halt when life happened for our scripter and then myself by the end of summer last year. The project has lacked the zeal ever since, so much so the scripter left the very Discord group created for the project as far as I can tell. That is understandable, the project got to a level where all that was required was testing, but nobody was ever available. So from the scripter's side, that's a lot of dedication that turned into wasted efforts and believe you me that's frustrating.

Some persons reached out to me and I added them to the group to contribute to areas that needed development but without the zeal of the scripter due to lacking directors, you simply do not have an event to look forward to. That is essentially what's been happening.

I personally wish not to have the effort put in by everyone go in vain, cuz it's not just the scripter, we had digital artists, 3D modelers and mappers that all joined in and contributed to the project. But without a proper director that can put in the equal hours with everyone else, I just don't see how it's gonna happen. So, should anyone want to be director and bring back that fire in our scripter, feel free to express your interest, but understand that you would be wasting everyone's time if you think the role is just to give orders and be gone about your business. The director and scripter in particular works the hardest as it is a constant back and forth between conceptualization and implementation that brings out the best in each other.

The hard part of it too is that the event was being done along the narrative of the first director's intent that I could pick up on. If someone comes in, they'll either have pick up the intent left behind as well and work out all bugs around that narrative which is gonna be difficult.

If that proves too difficult, then a whole different project would have to be done, stepping on the shoes of everyone beforehand. It's a daunting mess that needs serious love at the core of it all to move forward.
Informative Informative x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

DarkSid3R

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: About new Vice War
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:04:38 pm »
I have noticed a lot of hard work in the vice wars I have played , the hard work was always worth it and paid off.

I can see those scripter Issues and Indeed the bug fixes takes a lot of time and hard work but i don't mind waiting a lot of time for another event like it , just take your time Gangstaras , wish you see you in game soon and hangout around with you.