login
May 02, 2024, 12:33:24 am

Author Topic: Goodbye (sort of)  (Read 3997 times)

capitan01

• Crazy Man
  • Empty text
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye (sort of)
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »
Well, just to clear shit up.
From what I heard, Mayans didn't count their years the way we do, our year is something like 10 years to them, so no worries, gonna happen sometime around 4000 :P
thats i wanted to say and btw Skir most of the shit u typed is right...  :thumbsup:
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Kaptein Kapiten Kapitän Կապիտան Kapitan Капитан Capità 隊長 Kapitèn Kaptajn Kapetan Kapitano Kapten Captain Kapteeni Capitaine Capten
კაპიტანი Καπετάνιος कप्तान Kapitein Kapitány Captaen Capitano 船長 ನಾಯಕ Kapteinis Capitão Капетан Capitan กัปตัน

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 10:32:56 pm »
I don't usually say this, but, Skirmant, you kinda made my day!  ;D :thumbsup:

Niiice one.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:28 am »
From what I heard, Mayans didn't count their years the way we do, our year is something like 10 years to them, so no worries, gonna happen sometime around 4000 :P

That's a misconception. The 'leap year' was made to keep the calendar in synchronized with the seasons (Spring, Summer,Autumn,Winter) since there are 365.2 days (24h) in a year. In south & central America they don't have seasons so they didn't need to have one. For us a day takes 3600 min. For them a day is a sunrise, sunset. When you take that into account the date is correct.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:44:34 am by Skirmant »

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 12:42:57 pm »

That's a misconception. The 'leap year' was made to keep the calendar in synchronized with the seasons (Spring, Summer,Autumn,Winter) since there are 365.2 days (24h) in a year. In south & central America they don't have seasons so they didn't need to have one. For us a day takes 3600 min. For them a day is a sunrise, sunset. When you take that into account the date is correct.
NOTHING GONNA HAPPEN

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 01:00:08 pm »

NOTHING GONNA HAPPEN

kyber7

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

NOTHING GONNA HAPPEN

SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN! I WILL FART ON 22nd!!!

"i meat Charley and he teaches me to be a strong fighter and thats no joke"

~ Summer, 2010
  "The Beginning"