login
May 02, 2024, 05:19:53 am

Author Topic: Leaving VU  (Read 5292 times)

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving VU
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:24 am »
Rexelend nobody posting application for clan war you know why?
Because people study and they have works. Maybe in summer we will have clan wars. You must be patient
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

shakejunt

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 05:09:23 am »
oh my fuck, seriously whats with provoking trainees/rookies?
if you tell them your just dicking around maybe they wont rage
and if the trainees actually communicate on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seriously >_>
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 06:53:43 am »
Sad to see you go, But you're kinda right about it.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 07:30:05 am »
There's nothing wrong with trowing a few jokes and tiny amount of trolling aslong as it dosn't get annoying and dosn't reach high levels of douchebaggery. On the other hand people should have a thicker skin in these modern days of internet trolling and lawsuits. This is not the time where you can challenge someone to a life and death duel of honor for stepping on your shoe :d You can't even touch/sue anyone for doing that. So having a sense of humor and forgiveness is a good thing.

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

SaM

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 07:46:19 am »
There's nothing wrong with trowing a few jokes and tiny amount of trolling aslong as it dosn't get annoying and dosn't reach high levels of douchebaggery. On the other hand people should have a thicker skin in these modern days of internet trolling and lawsuits. This is not the time where you can challenge someone to a life and death duel of honor for stepping on your shoe :d You can't even touch/sue anyone for doing that. So having a sense of humor and forgiveness is a good thing.
^ true

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:52 am »
seriously >_>

This, seriously. I'm sick to death of seeing people turned off this clan because of a couple of people pushing it too far with them. Jokes are fine and I agree to what Skirmant said. But I think it is important to consider the type of person you are 'joking' with before you start, so as not to push the boundaries too far. Some people just don't respond well to these kinda things. Tmavs if I came in and started relentlessly killing you with spaz when you were a trainee, then another VU shouted at you for little or no reason then you'd have quit too.

Also might I add that I don't really consider what you do 'Trolling' Tmavs, it's not intelligent in any way and doesn't have the desired effect. After a good 'troll' people are meant to go 'Awwh mayne, he had us all that time!', instead they're going '*sigh*, that guy is a prick.'

On to the clan war thing. Rexeland, I understand your lack of enthusiasm about the situation, it's true we haven't had a scrim in a long while. However, if you could provide me with a vcmp clan who has then I'd be impressed. As others said, the clan war scene is slightly dead at the moment, for a variety of reasons but mostly because most people can't commit to a set time and date for a scrim (as we have lives beside VC). They're not impossible however and I think that perhaps instead of quiting it would have been more productive to try and organise one yourself, instead of throwing a hissy fit because it isn't all being done for you. Things are hopefully going to change relatively soon, Venkat and I are making a server that its going to make clan wars a daily thing, so I'm personally putting my energy into that.

As for VU being useless as a clan because it does no scrims, I think you need to look at the wider picture. VU serves a few functions, the main one at the moment is training up new players and introducing them into our community, so as to make it larger. The VCMP community is quite tiny and I see it as our job to contribute to its expansion or at least on going habitation and through the training system it is possible to do so. If you look at our member list you will not always find the best fighters in the clan wearing the VU tag, in fact some of the worst fighters are full VUs. This is a clan for people, not just for fighters.

[/essay]
Anyway it's a shame to see you go, but as you wish.

Writer of excessively long posts

Foxtrot

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 08:19:15 am »
Yea well, in my opinion the last thing you want to do to a trainee and a newcomer is trolling at him rather than teahing him new stuff, welcome him to the clan and fun activities you fucking do with a clan mate. You have plenty of stupid motherfuckers to troll at in xe. I'm not saying i'm all against trolling. I do that like everytime I'm in svm but with people that i don't give a fuck about, not clan mates, not friends. If you guys think you're so fucking awesome and smart when you do that, then why don't you troll Charley or Knucis or Thijn?

Rexelend

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 08:24:40 am »
seriously >_>

This, seriously. I'm sick to death of seeing people turned off this clan because of a couple of people pushing it too far with them. Jokes are fine and I agree to what Skirmant said. But I think it is important to consider the type of person you are 'joking' with before you start, so as not to push the boundaries too far. Some people just don't respond well to these kinda things. Tmavs if I came in and started relentlessly killing you with spaz when you were a trainee, then another VU shouted at you for little or no reason then you'd have quit too.

Also might I add that I don't really consider what you do 'Trolling' Tmavs, it's not intelligent in any way and doesn't have the desired effect. After a good 'troll' people are meant to go 'Awwh mayne, he had us all that time!', instead they're going '*sigh*, that guy is a prick.'

On to the clan war thing. Rexeland, I understand your lack of enthusiasm about the situation, it's true we haven't had a scrim in a long while. However, if you could provide me with a vcmp clan who has then I'd be impressed. As others said, the clan war scene is slightly dead at the moment, for a variety of reasons but mostly because most people can't commit to a set time and date for a scrim (as we have lives beside VC). They're not impossible however and I think that perhaps instead of quiting it would have been more productive to try and organise one yourself, instead of throwing a hissy fit because it isn't all being done for you. Things are hopefully going to change relatively soon, Venkat and I are making a server that its going to make clan wars a daily thing, so I'm personally putting my energy into that.

As for VU being useless as a clan because it does no scrims, I think you need to look at the wider picture. VU serves a few functions, the main one at the moment is training up new players and introducing them into our community, so as to make it larger. The VCMP community is quite tiny and I see it as our job to contribute to its expansion or at least on going habitation and through the training system it is possible to do so. If you look at our member list you will not always find the best fighters in the clan wearing the VU tag, in fact some of the worst fighters are full VUs. This is a clan for people, not just for fighters.

[/essay]
Anyway it's a shame to see you go, but as you wish.

I understand it's not VU's fault because of the lack of scrims, but there's quite a lot of clanners on XE, why can't we just get together once in a while and ask some clans to have a 3vs3 or something?

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 08:38:04 am »
I understand it's not VU's fault because of the lack of scrims, but there's quite a lot of clanners on XE, why can't we just get together once in a while and ask some clans to have a 3vs3 or something?

What about the IT clan? ITs are online almost 24/7, its a very active clan. I also know the owners very well. We could organize a 5 player war in a mere hours hour.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:43:47 am by Skirmant »

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 08:44:45 am »
Actually I participate in such things quite often Rexeland, not over the last month and a half because I've been away but prior to that most times I went ingame we had 3v3s. I assumed by clan wars you meant fully organised 5v5+'s

Good idea Skirmant, I'll be online later perhaps we could try and work something out.

This is why IRC is a good idea, I've noticed that some VU players play exclusively on XE and some exclusively on SvM, without irc they would never know they were all online. IRC is the best way to organise this shit imo.

Rexelend

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 08:45:20 am »
I've thought about it and I think I want to rejoin ( I know, not long ), because if we all try to be as active as possible then we can have some good clanwars, if someone organises it properly. And about the "trolling" and whatnot I will just need to learn to toughen up and not take things to heart. And I should get MIRC so I could be more active within the clan.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 08:51:35 am »
Well you're welcome to re-apply but you've offended quite a few people. 'Clan full of assholes' rings any bells?

Rexelend

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 08:53:19 am »
Well you're welcome to re-apply but you've offended quite a few people. 'Clan full of assholes' rings any bells?

That was overreaction. I apologise to all of you for saying that, as skirmant said there's nothing wrong with a few jokes between friends or clanmates.

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 09:00:07 am »
I liek pie
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:02:19 am by Foxtrot »

Rexelend

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 09:07:08 am »