login
March 28, 2024, 07:03:08 pm

Author Topic: Split Team Discussion  (Read 1868 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Split Team Discussion
« on: December 12, 2017, 02:31:30 am »
In this post I am not speaking as a representative of Vice War, I am speaking just as myself.

I would like to encourage the Triumvirate to split into more than one gang. The point of Vice War 7 is to have a brawl between many different teams, not for one team to create a super-alliance and dominate. The Triumvirate in its current state goes against the spirit of Vice War 7, it makes it less fun. By creating a super-alliance you will probably win, sure, but winning is not everything. What's the point of victory if the battle wasn't fun? This is a game, after all.

You may scream 'WELL IT'S NOT AGAINST THE RULES', but let's be honest, most of us are adults, we shouldn't need everything to be written down in rules. We should be mature enough to understand the point of something and then contribute to its success accordingly.

Please think carefully about how interesting this game could be, and how boring you are making it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:47:24 pm by GangstaRas »
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Useful Useful x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Triumvirate Split Team Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 03:10:14 am »
I guess in last VW, there were more than 100 players per team. We currently have like 60, wolf pack is also having good numbers of players.

The third team is still recruiting, and you're forgetting that clans like EAF, NAR and shit tons of clanless players didn't applied yet and also DU is joining the other team. 3 teams or maybe someone else makes 4th, who knows since VCMP player database got enough players huh.

As said bt your fellow clanmate in the discussions, Gangstaras that teams having more players will suffer more from casualties and will have to face disadvantages and teams in lesser numbers i.e. the third team, will have advantage over them.

Although, I still get your point but it's somewhere not making a sense, because of this time's scores system, the lesser in number team is, it will be up.

Our team, The Triumvirate isn't really super team as its mixture of 3 teams SS TRC and Do. You see, UFs are splitting, 3 are with us and few are applying elsewhere. Then you see, the players who don't want to join our team neither wolf pack are going in 3rd one. So three teams would be okay as you know how it goes in VW.
Disagree Disagree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 Useful Useful x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:21:36 am »
Hey charley :D

I would like to encourage the Triumvirate to split into more than one gang.

First of all, if you don't have the desire to encourage the pink wolves to split, then this post does not make sense, I mean: well, when I saw your post, I immediately went to the wolf pack team topic and I did not see this same post there being aware that they are like 75 (and not, do not say "but that's 1 team VU only, no, that team is not only composed by VU)

then I also saw that in the shoutbox you are saying that we made a very boring move, you seem to blame us for this, man, if you get to see most of the applications of the wolf pack, is the same as the triumvirate, there's vu, mk, uf and other players without clan, is the same.

main reason of the triumvirate = the wolf pack, nobody wanted to apply/create a team at least the majority and some players without clan that are close to me, how to face it? alliance the same thing on the wolf pack side.

tbh no one on SS (the clan that I lead) and Do (my country) they were 100% denied to participate, and also some people close to me from TRC due to the scoring system, several teams and for the following: imagine

6 members from do
10 ss
10 trc
mk (idk since they are inactive)
gastaras team maybe 10-15 or more

wolf pack 60 or more?

there is not a damn balance, why do you think many players applied to the triumvirate? do you think SS, TRC,Do,UF,MK and other clans/clan less players would create separate teams watching a super team with almost 70 players? please bro

Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 2 Winner Winner x 6 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:51:49 am »
Hey Eddy :)

I immediately went to the wolf pack team topic and I did not see this same post there being aware that they are like 75

That's not true - the Wolf Pack count is currently 49. Triumvirate is currently at 60.

then I also saw that in the shoutbox you are saying that we made a very boring move, you seem to blame us for this, man, if you get to see most of the applications of the wolf pack, is the same as the triumvirate, there's vu, mk, uf and other players without clan, is the same.

Yeah, except we didn't plan a big alliance.

there is not a damn balance, why do you think many players applied to the triumvirate? do you think SS, TRC,Do,UF,MK and other clans/clan less players would create separate teams watching a super team with almost 70 players? please bro

Fair point, a super team with 70 players != good balance. So let's work together to make this balanced. Currently there are 29 VUs signed up, 3 of whom, I'd imagine, might not play (me, Thijn and Pleyo), and more will only play for an hour or two. If we were to make the Wolf Pack a VU-only group, would you consider splitting Triumvirate into relatively similar sized groups?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:56:29 am by Charley »

Writer of excessively long posts

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:23:22 am »
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Wolf Pack was a free for all group so that rejects who have no place in any team can join it and be able to participate. Those who were present at EAD Championship auction, would know that we are dealing with an elitist community who has no consideration about newbies. There were several newbies who had to be forced into teams, when no one wanted to bid on them.

I took the responsibility to lead such a team which could be home to paki rejects. We did not plan on any massive alliances. The surge of applications we got early on was because we were the only team available.

the intent overall.
Tony has described the intent of multiple team system in his post above(click the post). It could get somewhat clusterfuck, but it should be fun taking down the team that is sitting on the top of the table. Additionally, you get to completely personalize your team and get a sense of ownership. It always feels good to play for a team that you created and assembled yourself.

The team you created is not a biker gang. It is a bandwagon. If you think The Wolf Pack is also a band wagon, I'm ready to shuffle it and form my own personalized team(actually I always wanted to do that, but did not want to waste GangstaRas' efforts on the flag :D).
Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:28:00 am »
Tbh I would have preferred the old fashioned style VW that everyone knows and loves.
With that said, I'll await and see how the event progresses further before I consider applying.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Freak

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:38:42 am »

The Wolf Pack

Recruitment Criteria
The Wolf Pack believes in numbers superiority and focuses on gathering the biggest gang in the Biker Brawl.

:-\
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 9 Pwnt Pwnt x 3 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:46:13 am »
Just play the damn game.. it's like every year I see more of the same shit

Who really cares about the size and number of teams if it's fun
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 10:03:45 am »
It could get somewhat clusterfuck, but it should be fun taking down the team that is sitting on the top of the table.
I'm guessing you don't really understand much about loyalty? I'm not talking about fake alliances here that you're thinking of, but real ones based on actual ties between two clans. Do you really think, for example, that Do would backstab SS if SS were on top? Don't be silly. They wouldn't care much I don't think, actually they would probably be happy for SS to win knowing they helped in their victory. That's an alliance, and loyalty. I think many clans have this relationship. So your idea of everyone backstabbing each other to try and win might not play out as you think. Apologies for the off-topic haha.
Agree Agree x 3 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:06 am »
Best vicewar, no hating, or no shit, just fun.

http://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?board=111.0

http://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?board=126.0

Let's face it this team is built on grudges and hating on VU, i don't care who join who, as long as people are mature enough to understand what game mode is that is called real vice war, but end of the day let's everyone have fun and hate VU, may your dick grow even more after hating.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 5 (list)

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:26:30 am »
Let's face it this team is built on grudges and hating on VU, i don't care who join who, as long as people are mature enough to understand what game mode is that is called real vice war, but end of the day let's everyone have fun and hate VU, may your dick grow even more after hating.
Excuse me, what?

This whole alliance was built because of the number of people that applied to join the Wolf Pack so we had to do something to balance things out.
Imagine if TRC, SS or Do make their own team, they would be at a disadvantage against the Wolf Pack because we would have less players.

And to make things clear about this whole numbers issue, before our alliance with SS and Do was made the Wolf Pack had a topic with 4 pages filled with applications.
I guess this is enough proof to debunk these assumptions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:35:43 am by XGamer »

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 11:56:13 am »
I think you are misunderstanding, i am not saying anything related to balance, i'll be more clear with an example.

What we expected?

VU, MK, DU, clanless players (Team 1)

SS, DO, UF, clanless players (Team 2)

TRC, ON, WK, clanless players (Team 3)

EAF, NAR, some more argo clans(?), clanless players (Team 4)

What we got?

VU, DU, MK, clanless players (Team 1)

SS, DO, MK(because i see an MK applied there so) TRC, ON, UF, MD, KF and clanless players (Team 2)

Here what i read in VW7 topic ( http://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=9118.0 )

The Teams
Teams are represented as Biker Gangs in this edition. Unlike previous editions, there will be unrestricted number of teams that can be created. Everyone is eligible to register their own team and recruit its members. Team leaders will have the freedom to recruit and deny applicants into their created teams. Visit the Gangs and Registration board to register your team.

If you think that entire VU going to play i think you are wrong and you are not understanding, many of our members having issues since years within fps, ping and they won't able to play, you can expect only 15 or 10 VUs going to be active in the server, DU, on other hand i think they will barely play, more like 2 or 3 hours and they will leave, MK they got 8 or 7 active members and they won't able to play 24/7 either.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:59:33 am by WiLsOn »

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 12:13:19 pm »
What we expected?

What we got?

VU, DU, MK, clanless players (Team 1)

SS, DO, MK(because i see an MK applied there so) TRC, ON, UF, MD, KF and clanless players (Team 2)
Well you see our orginal alliance was only with SS and Do, we didn't expect to see alot of people join only both of the teams.
Also some of our members didn't agree to team up with WK and we had members who wanted to just join Do, not a team that TRC clan wanted to create.
From there we had to do something. This team was not built on grudges and hating on VU, we simply felt that this alliance would balance things out.
Also we have a alot of time before VW to sort things out.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 01:27:46 pm »
Let's face it this team is built on grudges and hating on VU, i don't care who join who, as long as people are mature enough to understand what game mode is that is called real vice war
let's face it, you are responsible for all the dramas that arise in this forum, do not come to damage this, you are the one who must be mature here. (We are discussing in a normal way about the balance, move)

I want to clarify something, apart from the heads of the triumvirate (ss, do, trc) we do not force any clan to play with us, they applied voluntarily.

would you consider splitting Triumvirate into relatively similar sized groups?
Man, I do not know, the alliance is already established and if I try to do this then we would have to discuss it with the people who have applied here and we have accepted and believe me, they will not agree.

I think you are misunderstanding, i am not saying anything related to balance, i'll be more clear with an example.

What we expected?

The VW staff had to put this topic as a exmple from the beginning

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:30:26 pm by Eddy »
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 02:36:29 pm »
Reply removed - WiLsOn

Edit: requesting to everyone, let it be as it is no change is required because event isn't promising anymore, i am pretty sure many players already losing interest including me because we are back again old vice war, i forgot that it's vcmp community having mature conversation always lead to fights and drama, peace out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:44:34 pm by WiLsOn »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 4 (list)