login
March 28, 2024, 05:06:07 pm

Author Topic: Squirrel Pad - Multi Tabbed, Event / Functions with parameters etc!  (Read 2629 times)

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
Squirrel Pad VC:MP

Here's my little project Squirrel Pad VC:MP. Maybe, you'll thinking that i'm to good at copying but when i saw EazySquirrel, it gave me an idea to make something like it so i did. I haven't copied anything but yes somewhere, EazySquirrel was an inspiration for me. This was to be written in C++ rather then C# but i was unable to do that but surely, next version is going to be in C++. Not sure if it's totally free from bugs as there are one or two always in there but i didn't found one except some events..

So to the point,
- Squirrel Pad is multi-tabbed like Notepad++ and can be usefull for those who're writing there gamemodes from scratch as while clicking on the events / functions, it will be added with it's parameters, e.g if you double click on OnScriptLoad, it will add in the current opened tab:
function OnScriptLoad()
{

}

- You can hide the Events / Functions tab by clicking on "Hide Events / Functions" and if you need them again, go to Events / Functions -> Add an Event / Function and the section will be visible again :)

- A Taskbar at the top providing you shortcuts.

- A Style menu allowing you to change font color, background color, enable / disable word wrap ( disabled by default ).

So give it a try let me know about your views:

You can view how Squirrel Pad looks by clicking here.

Important Note: You need .NET Framework v2.0 or higher in order to run this application. Sorry about this :X

Edit: the second 'line: column:' isn't working fine. Forgot to remove it so please ignore it..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:36:04 pm by MaDKilleR »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Squirrel Pad - Multi Tabbed, Event / Functions with parameters etc!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
Nice job :)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 05:49:32 pm »
Seems nice, but I have a couple complaints/suggestions.

Complaints:

As you mentioned 'Length', 'Lines' and 'Column' are flawed.
Functions and events are difficult to browse in those bottom boxes.
undo/redo buttons are flawed.

Suggestions:

Merge functions and events and place them as a vertical box on the right (and make them customizable too!).
Add syntax highlighting for data types.
Add basic error checking (invalid number of { } ect..) .
Add custom code formatting (people have different styles of coding).

I think that with a few tweaks and improvements this can become something usable :D

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:56:18 pm »
Seems nice, but I have a couple complaints/suggestions.

Complaints:

As you mentioned 'Length', 'Lines' and 'Column' are flawed.
Functions and events are difficult to browse in those bottom boxes.
undo/redo buttons are flawed.

Suggestions:

Merge functions and events and place them as a vertical box on the right (and make them customizable too!).
Add syntax highlighting for data types.
Add basic error checking (invalid number of { } ect..) .
Add custom code formatting (people have different styles of coding).

I think that with a few tweaks and improvements this can become something usable :D
Thankx alot for your suggestions. I wanted to add Syntax Highlighting and some other tweeks but now, the one and only purpose with me is to re-write this in C++. I didn't added much in this because that was for the next C++ Version and also, i didn't had much time but about the events / functions listboxes, i'll place them vertically tomorrow as early as possible.

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR

Inferno

• Crazy Man
  • Frontline-battles! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:43:49 pm »
Good job,that gonna be usefull.Ehm,i was thinking of adding a compile button using writeclosuretofile()? then it would liek the pawno.

GranDoIz

• Crazy Man
  • Palestine Will Be Free (°_°) Freedom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »
Nice work bro  ;)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:16 pm »
Nice Work :P

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »
Although the interface looks bearable and all known events and functions are documented, there are many gripes that I have with this tool:
  • Some functions/events (like onBannedConnectionAttempt) simply output function onBannedConnectionAttempt { }, with no parameters specified.
  • Regardless of where you put the cursor, any function or event that you type in is added to the bottom of the page, making editing pre-existing scripts an absolute nuisance.
  • Objects such as Pickup.IsSpawned are represented as functions instead of class members. Squirrel Pad, when you double click on the entry, will display it as Pickup.IsSpawned()
  • Classes like Pickup, Player, and Vehicle are treated as if they do not require FindPlayer or FindVehicle, possibly confusing new scripters and annoying current ones.
  • Some functions like GetGlobalPickupRespawnTime are given a "Not Found" parameter list instead of either unlisting the function or making an effort to document it in the editor. This helps absolutely no one. Either find out what the parameters are or don't list it.

I would not recommend this tool for general use in any way until the above issues are solved. On top of this, there are other issues that have also been brought up:
  • No syntax highlighting (but I wouldn't worry about that too much since it's a complex task that wouldn't be accomplished on initial release)
  • Non-functional line/column fields at bottom
  • Broken undo function

Commendable effort, but I don't want to post "nice, good job" when it could be improved in so many ways. I do look forward to seeing you implement these improvements.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:45:39 pm by stormeus »

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Nadeem

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 03:19:16 am »
Nice though

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 06:24:39 am »
Although the interface looks bearable and all known events and functions are documented, there are many gripes that I have with this tool:
  • Some functions/events (like onBannedConnectionAttempt) simply output function onBannedConnectionAttempt { }, with no parameters specified.
  • Regardless of where you put the cursor, any function or event that you type in is added to the bottom of the page, making editing pre-existing scripts an absolute nuisance.
  • Objects such as Pickup.IsSpawned are represented as functions instead of class members. Squirrel Pad, when you double click on the entry, will display it as Pickup.IsSpawned()
  • Classes like Pickup, Player, and Vehicle are treated as if they do not require FindPlayer or FindVehicle, possibly confusing new scripters and annoying current ones.
  • Some functions like GetGlobalPickupRespawnTime are given a "Not Found" parameter list instead of either unlisting the function or making an effort to document it in the editor. This helps absolutely no one. Either find out what the parameters are or don't list it.

I would not recommend this tool for general use in any way until the above issues are solved. On top of this, there are other issues that have also been brought up:
  • No syntax highlighting (but I wouldn't worry about that too much since it's a complex task that wouldn't be accomplished on initial release)
  • Non-functional line/column fields at bottom
  • Broken undo function

Commendable effort, but I don't want to post "nice, good job" when it could be improved in so many ways. I do look forward to seeing you implement these improvements.
Parameters for some events are badly bugged and i was unable to solve them and yes, also the parameters for some functions are also missing due to lack of time, the main issue. This was just a try, i hope next version will be far better then this one ;)

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 10:49:02 am »
Parameters for some events are badly bugged and i was unable to solve them and yes, also the parameters for some functions are also missing due to lack of time, the main issue. This was just a try, i hope next version will be far better then this one ;)

One thing that would save you time is not keeping them in exe's memory. Why not just store them in a plaintext file that everyone (including you) can easily customize?

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

Rocky

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 11:14:04 am »
Looking cool, i will give it a try after my tuition class. i will make some backup links too..  :thumbsup:

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 12:52:00 pm »
One thing that would save you time is not keeping them in exe's memory. Why not just store them in a plaintext file that everyone (including you) can easily customize?
I'll try this by using an XML File..

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR