April 20, 2024, 01:52:15 am

Author Topic: Should we change the rules for this board?  (Read 2814 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Should we change the rules for this board?
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:54:05 am »
So originally Cola's idea was for this board to serve as a place where people could discuss other players. Over time it's changed into players starting discussions about themselves.

I suggest that we change the rules of the board, so that discussions of players have to be started by that player, as has become the norm.

I think players should have a right to decide if they are going to be the subject of open criticism or discussion.

What do you think?

Edit - with the exception of topics like 'best fighters', 'VC:MP Legends' and stuff. I think they should still be allowed.

Edit 2 (sorry my hungover brain is working slowly) - another option would be to allow players the right to close a discussion about themselves, that they didn't start.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:59:16 am by Charley »
Agree Agree x 6 Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • خطائیں عمرِ رفتہ کی، سزائیں عمرِ حاضر کو
    • View Profile
Re: Should we change the rules for this board?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:11:02 am »
I disagree because I believe we already have enough verbal wars in here..

If we allow that, verbal wars may dominate.
This place should promote peace, not wars..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:50:54 am by RajPut »
Agree Agree x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

Wanna share your opinion about me? https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=8850

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:11:35 am »
-

Mistake quote.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:50:31 am by RajPut »

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

Wanna share your opinion about me? https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=8850

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 11:57:50 am »
welL I agree with you charley. +1

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:18 pm »
At first I was like "naaaaah why addressing issues when there aren't any?" (was thinking about the fact that so far only me and MasterOz opened a thread in behalf and the discussion that ensued was quite peaceful). Reading it again, I like the second edit option, the system could stay as it is now but if the owner felt the need could request a lock, all in all it seems fair.

I disagree because I believe we already have enough verbal wars in here..

If we allow that, verbal wars may dominate.
This place should promote peace, not wars..
I think you misunderstood, the system as it is right now allows opening a thread on behalf of other people. Charley's idea it is to remove that and only allow to open topics about themselves, as most people do anyway, so the resulting effect would prevent possible verbal wars.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 01:31:12 pm »
Yeah Raj I think you understood the opposite to what I meant (my post is not very clearly worded, I'll admit).
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 02:21:11 pm »
I think players should have a right to decide if they are going to be the subject of open criticism or discussion.
Can you explain this?? I referred to it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 02:25:45 pm by RajPut »

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 05:53:21 pm »

For example this that you started

if Noori comes back and wants this topic of him removed, you would have to oblige
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 06:13:18 pm »
so the question is why exactly are people making threads for other people in this board now?

can someone brief me in on the matter because I'm fucking stupid apparently
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »
Are people using others topic to get good replies about themselves? :/
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 11:01:53 am »
so the question is why exactly are people making threads for other people in this board now?

can someone brief me in on the matter because I'm fucking stupid apparently

Yeah I was confused too, I thought the board was only for players to make topics about themselves. But then I took a look at Cola's introduction topic and it appears the original intention was to discuss anyone.

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 12:02:48 pm »
yes indeed and it is a good thing that players are positively discussing about other players, that what makes this community strong.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 04:06:20 pm »

For example this that you started

if Noori comes back and wants this topic of him removed, you would have to oblige

I pointed out the word criticism..  I am unable to understand you..

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 04:37:40 pm »
Oh ok I understand your point now :)
Criticism is already allowed, it's not going to be disallowed, because is criticism what helps understanding whether you're doing right or wrong and eventually improve. Criticism must not be mistaken with degrading, insulting or any other sort of hate speech, which is almost always not a source of improvement.

So the point of this topic was not to allow people to talk smack about others or not but instead allowing people to choose whether they want to be subject of discussion, positive and/or negative, or not at all.

Let's say I opened a thread here about you, regardless of what people are going to say, and you disagree with my choice because you don't want an open discussion about your persona, should you allowed to request a lock or removal or not? Alternatively should we allow people to open a thread about themselves only or allow them to started a thread about other people as well? This is what this thread is about ;)

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »
Oh ok I understand your point now :)
Criticism is already allowed, it's not going to be disallowed, because is criticism what helps understanding whether you're doing right or wrong and eventually improve. Criticism must not be mistaken with degrading, insulting or any other sort of hate speech, which is almost always not a source of improvement.

So the point of this topic was not to allow people to talk smack about others or not but instead allowing people to choose whether they want to be subject of discussion, positive and/or negative, or not at all.

Let's say I opened a thread here about you, regardless of what people are going to say, and you disagree with my choice because you don't want an open discussion about your persona, should you allowed to request a lock or removal or not? Alternatively should we allow people to open a thread about themselves only or allow them to started a thread about other people as well? This is what this thread is about ;)
Thanks for explaining mate.. :)

Here 80% of users can't bear criticism and take it as insult.. and 90% of users find excuse to degrade or abuse anyone..
Like if I open a thread about myself, some one criticize me about something and I don't have enough balls to bear that and I use harsh words in reply and so on..

My point is that there should not be subject of criticism as I described it can lead to verbal war.. And "General Discussion", it can contain criticism, it is obvious..
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Pakistan!
Zindabad!