April 27, 2024, 09:07:05 am

Author Topic: Retiring  (Read 3927 times)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: Retiring
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2019, 07:58:56 am »
You know man, I told you you deserve rest but I doubt that you can stay away haha, wishing you luck for whatever you plan to do next.
Funny Funny x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Kyle.

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
  • Don't Mess With Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2019, 11:15:53 am »
Bro I need some GUI for GTB.  :-X Pls
Funny Funny x 5 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Credits: Saim

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2019, 12:38:16 pm »
You have alot for this community and nothing will be forgotten, good luck bro
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 01:19:36 pm »
done** can't edit first post :P

Credits : KocKex

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2019, 05:07:54 pm »
good luck
I can feel VCMP dying for the next few years after your resignation, it is pretty sad but you deserve it, it is indeed the rest of a legend.
when I was in need of support, you were the only one who stood up for me, the only one who rationally dealt with my case and the only one among many, who willingly helped and confessed the truth. thanks dear friend :) I owe you a heap of gratitude.
Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2019, 08:59:13 pm »
good luck
I can feel VCMP dying for the next few years after your resignation, it is pretty sad but you deserve it, it is indeed the rest of a legend.
when I was in need of support, you were the only one who stood up for me, the only one who rationally dealt with my case and the only one among many, who willingly helped and confessed the truth. thanks dear friend :) I owe you a heap of gratitude.
and if you happen to disagree, then fuck yourself
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2019, 02:46:28 am »
Every server in VC:MP that depends on a team goes through this, Vice War aint special. It burns us all out and my time has come.

Yes, indeed. Been there dude, a bunch of times. Burnout is a tough one.

It'd be nice to have a long chat about this sometime, but I know that the likelihood of that happening is tiny, so let me voice a few of my thoughts here instead.

What you said about taking on a shitload of projects, only being able to rely on yourself for their true success, and people only seeing the end product without understanding the process that got it there resonates with me completely. I found myself to be in identical situations time and time again during my heydays here in VC:MP.

Here's the thing. What you're talking about isn't confined to this community and the way it works. It is how the world works, and it is how you work. Nobody made you take on all those projects, you chose to do it yourself. So, too, will you start taking on more and more projects in real life, perhaps starting huge ventures of your own, because that's just the kind of person you are. And they will take you through the exact same process, where you feel as though you're the only one who can truly do the work well, who can meet deadlines, and who appreciates the work that's been put in. If one person isn't doing their job right, you'll learn how to do it, and do it yourself, better. But you can't do that forever, the workload and associated stress will simply become too much.

We're lucky because VC:MP is a huge simulator for this process, we can learn to navigate it before there are any significant real life stakes. Everyone finds a different way to navigate it, everyone draws different lessons, but one common thread, for any reasonable approach, is to avoid burnout at all costs. Avoiding burnout has to take priority over all else: it's one thing putting out a product that isn't up to your standards, it's a whole other thing putting yourself in a position where you can no longer put out products.

Identify the behaviours and attitudes that have led to burnout this time and adjust them. It might mean taking on one less task than you normally would, it might mean putting out a product or completing a project in a way that doesn't match your vision 100%. Or it might mean ceding responsibility to others, and appreciating their work, even if it's not the way you would have done it. Sacrifices and compromises must be made, otherwise people will always disappoint you. It might take months, it might take years, but if you shoulder yourself with the stress of living with unmet expectations then burnout is inevitable. This is your choice, you will truly have only yourself to blame.

Regarding VC:MP, the temptation to take on new projects might not be there immediately, but it will return. I see work and projects as an addiction, I personally have to fight against my desire to step into VC:MP and start something up again. Likewise, there are projects in my real life that I have to stop myself from doing, because I know there are more important things that I ought to be spending my time on. Ultimately it will be up to you to decide if you want to become a player like me, who comes in once in a blue moon, lurks on the forums, and leaves his main contributions to VC:MP in the past. Or, whether you want to do one or two small things every now and then. Ironically, I think you'd probably end up finding those small things much more rewarding than the big projects you've been working on up to this point.

Now regarding you specifically, your contribution to VU and to VC:MP, I could write for days. I'll save everyone the reading time and just say that you're a very special person, who I'm eternally grateful for having met. Beyond what you've done here, I know that you're going to do some amazing things for people in this world, dude. You embody exactly what I always wanted all VUs to be, friendly, humble, determined, capable, intelligent, forward-thinking, just, humorous and creative. And you take time to pass on all those traits to the people around you. Keep at it man, keep sharing your talents with the world, because bit by bit you're making it a better place.

tl;dr: Burnout is a choice, avoid it. Gangsta is awesome.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:56:55 am by Charley »
Winner Winner x 3 Friendly Friendly x 6 Useful Useful x 4 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2019, 03:28:43 am »
Never had the chance of really approaching you, but one thing that is clear in my short journey in VU so far is that you are a hardworking man who has contributed to the game in every aspect. Hopefully you will be still around, not like in the past days where you left a myriad of works, but as our advisor. 

If we were not pink probably our flag would be Jamaica's one, because you have represented VU for life indeed
Winner Winner x 2 Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2019, 08:17:09 pm »
Welcome to the club ;)
Very well deserved man, you've done so much to this community it's mindblowing.
Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Sawyer

• Crazy Man
  • Drugs not bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2019, 08:31:46 pm »
It's hard to say goodbye. I did not know you enough but I am sure of something, you contributed a lot to this community and we are going to miss you, there will be a gap that can never be filled or replaced

Danish

• Crazy Man
  • Miami Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 09:07:14 pm »
Good luck ❤🙏

Credits:- RavenouZ^ / _Has[E]eb.^

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2019, 11:34:29 pm »
From meeting you in XE, to training and preparing you to become a VU, to see you become one of the players that left a mark in this community with all of the work you've done. Its been my honor serving once as a mentor but now as a genuine friend and someone I look up to!

Welcome to the appearing once a year club, Gangsta. Its fun here, we have pretzels and blunts!
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 5 (list)

ITS THE BIG DOG!

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 04:15:22 am »
you were even around when i took a spot in TLK back in early 2009, the best of luck man, you deserve it.

you are one of the greatest.

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2019, 06:52:48 am »
It is very sad to see these things happening, but I suppose it is inevitable after all. I think that now is your time to rest after the excellent and giant work you have done for this community. You are an admirable person, and full of good qualities, many of which we lack. I appreciate very much that you saw potential in me, when the vast majority did not notice it, even today, you still do it and I thank you for that trust you placed in me. Again and again you were an example to follow for all of us, for the clan, and for all who have known this game. Thanks for your presence here, hopefully we will see you around eventually.

I say goodbye to you, commander. Have a good one in whatever you wish to do now  :)
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2019, 09:01:33 pm »
Welcome to the appearing once a year club, Gangsta. Its fun here, we have pretzels and blunts!
There's pretzels?! Why did no one tell me about this!
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"