March 28, 2024, 07:12:01 pm

Author Topic: Restrict players with low FPS <Impossible>  (Read 2824 times)

j.king

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Restrict players with low FPS <Impossible>
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:08:58 pm »
dont let players who cant run vc at a steady 30 fps rate play.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:48:35 am by Cutton »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

JuaN

Re: J.King's Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »
agree
Cannot rate own posts

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:45:07 pm »
This can be hard to prove.
Might cause disagreements.
I dont think it should be implemented :)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
  • the most interesting man in VCMP
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »
this would be awesome and it has a vote or w/e from me, but how would you want that done?

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:15:37 pm »
Indeed, how would you prove this?

Writer of excessively long posts

Sephiroth

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 05:51:12 pm »
we'd have alot less problems in XE if we could detect fps. so please share if you know how
Cannot rate own posts

UJIbU4

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Restrict players with low FPS
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:20:15 pm »
dont let players who cant run vc at a steady 30 fps rate play.
well why then not to set a ping limit to 100-120? Ping gives much more advantage than low fps.
Anyway, if it could be tested (0.4 magic release with fps checker or checking every single person), minus ~1/6 of participants because I think many plays on laptops or similar shit.

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
  • the most interesting man in VCMP
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:34 pm »
I think I am agreeing with ujibu4 here... FPS lag on its own isn't so bad and it's always been a normal part of the game people have to account for, it's the 300+ ping guys who are lost in time that need to gtfo because they are totally out of sync.

I saw quite a few laggers who were totally ineffectual and shouldn't have been there, period.
they were all pinging over 310. they couldn't hurt anyone who wasn't stopping to let them, and they couldn't take damage from anything less than 10 people hosing off every square meter of the building they were inside of with ordinance. sometimes these guys would kill me, and it was only because I stopped nearby to pretend they were actually a viable player, letting them catch up from their time-warp to actually start aiming in my general direction instead of shooting some spot several car lengths away that I hadn't been to in 10 seconds or more.

the only sortof possible solution to this crap I can think of, is to have someone make a program that checks if someone has what it takes to run VCMP, checks to see if there are any 3rd party bullshits open, checks to make sure the program has connectivity to the server, then adds them to a player whitelist only while the program is open. if they close the program or it fails checks, then they are not on the whitelist and cannot play.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Squida

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 04:39:45 am »
no plz no plz no ping kick mens plz plz plz plz

if you want to detect fps get ujibu4 to test them, he r expert

kevinsito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 05:24:26 am »
http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

If there is any way to compare those image to a gameplay into another player's gameplay then this should work to detect, personally I don't think there is a way to see how smooth the game would be on another person, and the only ways I've heard, are:

The horrible desync ingame while fighting without FS or C-glitching.
Players are more vulnerable to drive by hits.
And the stairs trick.

No Thijn,i bought a cd for windows 7 Tiny Edition earlier.

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 07:10:16 am »
Why don't we make the ping limit 250 and all done?
Ping is all the problem

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 10:06:33 am »
No for fuck sake,
Low Fps, Low ping = worse = ?? Fps, High Ping
The high ping is self explanatory but low fps and low ping gets totally worse like that at times, i have seen middleeastern, Ukrainian etc players having low ping but shitty fps, they're moving shaking and jaggingly and when running or driving, it just gets worse, sometimes their gameplay speed also gets affected.

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:08:27 am »
No for fuck sake,
The high ping is self explanatory but low fps and low ping gets totally worse like that at times, i have seen middleeastern, Ukrainian etc players having low ping but shitty fps, they're moving shaking and jaggingly and when running or driving, it just gets worse, sometimes their gameplay speed also gets affected.
Well, i agree with that

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Marcell

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 11:13:56 pm »
No for fuck sake,
players with low FPS have no real advantage, since it will be harder for them to hit you as well. it's more of a luck to be honest, as long as youre smart killing FPS laggers is easy

detecting FPS isnt possible yet, so i dont think we should make any rules about kicking for low FPS, but if we see someone lagging heavily - yes, kick

basicly FPS laggers are fucking annoying since you burst a m60 magazine into them and out of 30 shots they get hit 3 times...but stubby can take em down easily

someone with a ping of 500 on the other hand...its like their games totally dont catch up, they will shoot the places you were in a few seconds ago, shooting them is hard because on their screens they are in other positions than on ours

UJIbU4

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 05:15:31 am »
^agree