login
March 28, 2024, 10:35:55 am

Author Topic: Computer Guide: What you need to know about computers...  (Read 2959 times)

Radon

Computer Guide: What you need to know about computers...
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:24:45 am »
In the past and in the present, and in the future, we're using mostly the computers because their much powerful and helpful. But we also have the know what's inside the computers and how to fix them incase if something it's damaged...

The first things that we need to know are the Computer Accessories.

The Monitor: The display of the computer where we can see them inside the screen.

The Keyboard: The most useful thing to use the computer, specially for electronic talking. Without keyboard, we can't use the computer so much.
It's bigger and it's has keys.

The Mouse: Same as the keyboard, but it's easier to use it in the programs that needs a mouse or you can use them in programs, overall, it's smaller.
It's has three buttons: the left click, middle click and the right click.

USB
Output: From where the device it's being connected to something.
Input: In where it's being connected and being used.

The Tower/Central Tower: The main component that's all the computer has and it's has stocked all its other components.

And now, let's go though the computer components.
Motherboard AKA Mobo: The main computer's component where we can add all those components below.

CPU (Central Processor Unit): The component that can handle every process on and so.

GPU/Video: The component that can handle to image to the monitor everything from the computer.
Its inputs are: VGA, HDMI, DVI etc...
It's formed for different mobos:
AGP and PCI.

Hard Disk: The component where we stock informations, files and everything in.

Its inputs actually are: ATA and IDE.
RAM (Random Access Memory): The main component that's handling the memory of all the processes going on.
It's varies in different DDRs.

CD/DVD Reader/Writer: The important component that we can insert CDs/DVDs, for installing softwares, games, systems etc. In the past, there were Floppies diskettes, which they got abandoned cause of lack of adding much storage.

The Fan/Cooler: The most important part to avoid overheating and such heat problems, that cause to slow down your machine.

That's kinda all about the components.

Questions are welcome. Any correction suggestion is aswell welcome.

Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 3 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

aWaIx

• Crazy Man
  • Don't hate me, hate your weakness.
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Guide: What you need to know about computers...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:40:18 am »
Tell me. You copy paste it m8?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

EvilSpiriT

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Vice On The Dogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:47:08 am »
How much fee for your computer course, sir?
Funny Funny x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Radon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »
Tell me. You copy paste it m8?
No, remade those images and took from my mind about the computers.

How much fee for your computer course, sir?
Kinda... much...
Cannot rate own posts

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:37:55 pm »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 7 (list)

Hari

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 04:16:15 pm »
I m using that mouse lol

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 04:58:22 pm »
Only krystianoo can make me laugh by posting an image of a CD
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:32 pm »
Any of you ever used a Floppy Drive?

When I was a kid, we had to submit a soft copy of our computer science projects on a Floppy Drive. They could only store 1.4 MB of space and CD-ROMs were a little expensive.

I was a noob who edited some pics with MS Paint and saved them as .bmp images, so the size came around 4 MB.
Internet was somewhat rare in those days, so I went to an Internet cafe and tried to E-Mail the project to my teacher. I had to split the project into 2 E-Mails since Yahoo mail only allowed 2 MB attachments.

Upon reaching school, I was told that there is no Internet at the school, so instead of being a smartass I should have submitted the project in a Floppy Disk like all the other kids did.

Next day, I had to submit that project in an Envelope containing 4 Floppy disks.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 7 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 06:46:11 pm »
I used floppy disk back in 2002 to save my wallpapers
I had like 10-20 floppy disk and I use to save some sort of random data there.

Eazy

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 06:50:38 pm »
you forgot the power supply ,who supplies every commponent

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 06:58:13 pm »
you forgot the power supply ,who supplies every commponent
Nah mate, computers don't use power.
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Tobi0

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • I need to improve? I will improve
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 02:05:46 am »
What about old computers like this:

ENIAC (which meant "Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer") was a computer built between 1943 and 1946. It was designed by two people called John Mauchly and J. Presper Eckert. The machine was built out of nearly 17,500 vacuum tubes, 7,200 diodes and many miles of wire. It took up 1,800 square feet (170 m2) of space, which is the size of a large room.

Even though another digital computer, called the ABC (Atanasoff-Berry Computer), was made first in 1937, the ENIAC is still considered to be the first computer. This is because the ABC was not programmable.

Because the computer was built out of vacuum tubes, it often broke. This meant that someone had to find the failed tube (which was not an easy job), take the bad tube out and put a working tube in.

Making programs for the computer was difficult. Making the computer ready for one single program could take many days or even weeks. This was because the programming had to be done by pulling wires from one place to another. This was not hard for small programs, but if a large program was wanted, it was very hard work. Programming by pulling wires was used until 1948, when a special type of memory was added (called Read Only Memory (ROM), because the computer could read it but not write it). After that, programming was done by using switches, which only took hours instead of days.

The ENIAC was first designed to print firing tables for U.S Army artillery, but the war ended before the machine was completed.

When it was asked if it was possible to make a hydrogen bomb, ENIAC gave the answer in 20 seconds. ENIAC took 70 hours to work out pi to 2000 decimal places. A modern PC with a CPU of the size of 2x2 cm is much faster than ENIAC, which used up a whole room of space. For an example, a modern PC can work out a million (1 000 000) decimal places of pi in about ten seconds.

ENIAC was shut down forever on October 2, 1955. Now, only about 10 panels of the 40 exist.

Any of you ever used a Floppy Drive?

When I was a kid, we had to submit a soft copy of our computer science projects on a Floppy Drive. They could only store 1.4 MB of space and CD-ROMs were a little expensive.

I was a noob who edited some pics with MS Paint and saved them as .bmp images, so the size came around 4 MB.
Internet was somewhat rare in those days, so I went to an Internet cafe and tried to E-Mail the project to my teacher. I had to split the project into 2 E-Mails since Yahoo mail only allowed 2 MB attachments.

Upon reaching school, I was told that there is no Internet at the school, so instead of being a smartass I should have submitted the project in a Floppy Disk like all the other kids did.

Next day, I had to submit that project in an Envelope containing 4 Floppy disks.

I used it some weeks ago when I was trying to start Windows 1.0 in my grandmother's computer. I will try to install Windows 3.1 if the PC supports it. (Windows 95 is very modern, can't run it  ::))
Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

Deadmau5

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Real Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 05:18:22 am »
I do not need a computer, all this in my brain  8)

If you didnt receive an invite yet, means they don't want you. :-X By aXXo

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 06:06:57 am »
very informative thanks
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:06 pm »
The Mouse: Same as the keyboard, but it's easier to use it in the programs that needs a mouse or you can use them in programs, overall, it's smaller.
It's has three buttons: the left click, middle click and the right click.

Wait, wait, wait. You're saying a mouse is easier to use in programs that require a mouse? Why did no one tell me this before...? For years I've been trying to use the keyboard when it says 'click here with your mouse'. Opened my eyes bro.
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts