March 28, 2024, 10:27:04 am

Author Topic: VU is 10 Years Old  (Read 10191 times)

Tobi0

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • I need to improve? I will improve
    • View Profile
Re: VU is 10 Years Old
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 03:14:03 am »
Finding VU

In 2015 I joined Skywars DM server (I played VC:MP before but can't remember anything important so I guess my story starts here), when I joined all I wanted was to drive a tank. You needed $5000 to use a tank and the server gave you $3500 after register if I remember correctly, every kill granted you $300, I just needed 5 kills without dying to drive my precious Rhino but I was too noob for that. After several attempts I just registered another account and gave myself the money just to get killed while driving the tank  ::). But leaving my story in Skywars for another post, I met some VUs there (Most of them aren't VUs anymore) Gohan, Bart, Hotdogcat, Angela, Sevrin and Freak. I was wondering what the [VU] thing in their nicks was but didn't even need to ask because someone (I don't remember who) mentioned a clan thing.

Trying to join

In january 2016 after a little research I found VU forum, the first thing I did was creating an account (I had to ask Hotdogcat about the Haxor, Noob and Charley question :P) and then I applied using Google Translator, got denied because I wasn't ready. Tried a week later and I wasn't ready yet (Saying it this way seems like something funny to me). Even when I was a noob who didn't really know people from VU apart from hotdogcat, I decided that it was the clan I wanted to join. The first thing I need to do was...

Meeting VUs

I tried to look for the server where most VUs played and found Evolution A/D. I started playing there but my english was too bad to talk with someone so I decided to play with them silently (I used to take the RC plane every round  ;D).   I met Wilson, Veteran, Jokah, Shawn and Ferrari but couldn't even talk with them. After a month, I decided to apply again (It was march). I got 2 positive votes and then Ferrari tried to meet me ingame, we tried to have a talk but I couldn't really understand what he was saying and it seems the same was happening to him. My app got denied again but I didn't feel bad because, I had made a progress.

Improving

I remember that year, my parents were trying to convince me to learn english saying it would be useful for my future. I didn't want to do it because I thought it was useless. After getting denied in VU for the third time, I understood that I needed to learn english if I wanted to be able to communicate with most of VUs. I decided to start taking lessons with a friend of mine who's studying to be an english professor (He's actually 8 years older than me). After 3 months, I decided to apply again in June, this time I got 7 trainee and 11 Deny. My app got denied again but I knew that time would be the last.

Getting accepted

After 2 months of english lessons and playing in A/D and LW, I decided to apply again. In July 27, 2016 I got accepted. I felt really happy, I could finally be part of the clan I was being loyal even before being a member. It was just the start of a story I should leave for another post. I'll just say that I learned a lot of things after joining VU.

Thanks to VU, I understood the importance of learning english (and I would like to learn other languages too). Now I get 10/10 in every exam at school, I even decided to take a Cambridge exam getting 155/170 in the PET, now I'm heading for the First Certificate. I made a lot of friends and met a lot of people. Learnt that it wasn't about age but attitude and maturity (I lied about my age when applied  :P). Learnt some things about responsibility and honesty. (I have learnt more things but I don't want to make a list about it.)

I also wanted to help the community and within the things I could do, I started translating VW information topics to spanish. I don't know why but since the day I joined VU, I feel I have completed a lot more goals I had compared to the time before it happened so I feel like it has helped me a lot.

The only thing left for him to do now is to teach us how to speak Spanish  ;D.

I haven't forgotten about this, it just got a bit too much delayed. I'm on holidays now so I'll start working on the guide again.

Proud to be VU!
Winner Winner x 5 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Niko

• Crazy Man
  • Arrebatao dando vuelta en la jeepeta🎶
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 03:19:24 am »
Happy Anniversary Buddies
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Playing since 2012 |EA Admin|LW's Mod|UA Admin|MK CTF Admin|RTV Mod|Omega-DM Manager|VCCNR Head-Admin|OSK Simple DM Admin|VCDC 5|VCDC 6|Vicewar 5|Vicewar 7|Vicewar 8|

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 04:15:59 am »
Wow, a goddamn decade of this great online family. Its very difficult to put into words the appreciation I have for this clan and this game, the only way of expressing it are my definite comeback. I always thought I would leave and never appear again and here I am, celebrating a decade of Vice Underdogs.

Fun fact, VU is turning 10 and so are Thijn, GangstaRas and I in this clan. Gang in october, Thijn and I at the end of June. Its incredible to last this long.

Hey gang, remember?

Quote from: GangstaRas
u cant be serious???? Thank u guys so much I finally graduated TheKing school!!!! lol thx for all those teachings

From your application. You are the best asset I drew into this family and this game. Definitely, our interaction paved the way of what VU and what VC:MP became today. With its numerous kick ass events. Thank you for your dedication.

VU, showed us lots of stuff. There are so many we can't name them all. But as I always say to our young ones, everything with hard word, dedication and respectfulness will indeed make you in a near future BETTER in what you are trying to accomplish. Don't give up. Charley mention some of us, but we all as a family help each an everyday. With something so simple as a dumb comment on forum or WhatsApp group you can light up someones day. Rest assure that I will always put my VU family before anything in this game.

Now speaking to the rest of the VC:MP community. You guys are awesome, without many of you VU and VC:MP wouldn't made it this far. Thank you for making this the go-to forum of VC:MP. Thank you for the rivalries, and for the people that are allies and share our vision. At the end of the day we all work towards one same goal. Many of you are great leaders in this community and some are working towards that way. If we lasted this long in a 02 game, we can sure as hell last 10 more. Like I said in my previous paragraph, DON'T GIVE UP. Lets be real leaders and push this for as many years as we possibly can.

HAPPY NEW YEARS AND VIVA LA VICE UNDERDOGS CASA!! O0
Winner Winner x 3 (list)

ITS THE BIG DOG!

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 04:43:46 am »
This month has been pretty good feeling the VU vibe, now that I'm in I can feel the environment and the comfortability many members talk about, it explains why do people stay here that long. Now, I'm starting to share a new view with different players, who didn't use to be familiar to me, but now they are, like WiLsOn, La[Z]eR, DiaZ, Thomas, Amal or EvilSpirit.

I don't know, if this month was like this, how would it be in this young year  ^-^ 8)

VICE UNDERDOGS!
Winner Winner x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2019, 05:18:04 am »
VIVA LA VU!

I will read this topic completely in some months then maybe i reply again:D
Funny Funny x 4 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Late Late x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex

Zatch

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Night City
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2019, 07:32:27 am »
wow 10 years of history here in vcmp. There were a lot of clans which started from almost the same year but this clan preserved and lasted through the time, totally an archivement. Happy Anniversary and VIVA LA VU!
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Jokah

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Tomorrow is a loser's excuse, do it today.
    • View Profile
    • Vice City Cops & Robbers
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2019, 08:01:40 am »
Happy 10th Anniversary to all Vice Underdogs! I'm very sure this community will go on for the next 10 years too. It is true that VU did have an impact on some of us at some point IRL. As Charley said, the responsibilities I was given here, the stages I went through(Trainee, Rookie, Full) taught me a bunch of stuff, taught me how things work, this community at some point is the reason why my English is what it is now, it taught me how to not become a butthurt, it taught me to become a better and mature person, all these ups and downs I went through had taught me alot. It gave me experience on how to handle situations, I am even better at it as I went through the most of them myself. VU did not only shape me into a better player, but it had an impact on me morally. This community keeps you in situations that you never think of doing at this stage IRL. What I mean is, this community shapes you not only into a better player but in a better person. The majority of the clan were all noobs, most of us started from the very bottom, and went through what most of the newbies in VCMP right now are going through. The best part of this clan, is that it sees potential in each and every player it comes accross, when you get denied here, you don't just get denied, you are given the points you should work on. This is what keeps majority of those who apply gives them courage to apply again. Another best quality of VU is that it doesn't only see potential in players, but it sees potential in the game itself. Our members work hard on the events that are conducted every year, and their core objective is that each and every player participating has fun.

On a sidenote; at some point VCMP is still not at its full potential, 90% of the servers you see in the game are openworld DM based, we do have a few unique gamemodes like VCCNR, RTV, EAD, and etc. But there's much more VCMP can do, so that is why playing is not what I only do, I and Xmair have assembled a group of people with a goal of bringing VCMP to its full potential, we won't go in greater detail now until the next 2-3 months, but its something the VCMP community needs. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:03:28 am by Joker »
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

VCCNR Developer | VCDC 6 Coordinator | VU since 2015

Think 100 times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man. - M.

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2019, 09:12:18 am »
Congratulations to family! Every one of you is great. I am always on and off with in-game activity but visiting forum and reading posts is kinda my hobby now. This is a hell of a milestone for VU. I still remember when VU started decade ago many of clans out there use to make memes and VU was considered small fish and this is where small fish is today(strong and united) and those big fishes didn’t survived for long, you old fellas know what I mean by this. VU always welcomed newbies and helped them in improving which makes VU unique. We are kicking good and will kick harder in coming years. Hope to see every one of you in the topic VU 20 YEARS OLD. Everyone has a prosperous new year.

2100th post.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:26:10 am by Ryne »
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 3 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2019, 10:06:58 am »
to more life, to another ten years, happy birthday

Agree Agree x 2 Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2019, 02:33:30 pm »
Congratulations on the beautiful jubilee.

10 years is a long time. I remember when I started to play (almost 7 years ago) and I met the members of this clan first time. They have always been kind to me, even when I was a noob with poor English and bad skill. I'm glad that I could meet people like Veteran, Wilson, Ferrari and many, many other who have been or still are in this clan. I wish you all the best, not only in the game, but also and main in real life.

**presses F**
Friendly Friendly x 8 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2019, 10:53:53 pm »
Nothing much I can say other than: even though I am very inactive, I still love you all.

VU <3
Winner Winner x 5 Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

RaideN

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2019, 06:32:06 pm »

Bart's Work

Pleyo

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • Best Sona main ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2019, 08:30:37 pm »
Proud to be part of the family!

VU for life! <3

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2019, 12:40:03 pm »
Nothing much I can say other than: even though I am very inactive, I still love you all.

VU <3
I miss all inactives.VU <3

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

PaiN.

• Crazy Man
  • "Los payasos tambien lloran"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2019, 02:29:28 am »
Happy anniversary family

Pretty simple - I haven't deleted Hunting's post because it is related to the topic, and because now im hunting's asslicker, thats why i allow him to post trash here