login
April 27, 2024, 05:45:36 pm

Author Topic: GTA:VC's 20th Year Anniversary!  (Read 771 times)

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
GTA:VC's 20th Year Anniversary!
« on: September 22, 2022, 06:20:37 pm »
As per title, this year marks the 20th year since Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's release on 27th of October 2002, and there's only 1 month left until the actual anniversary begins.

So, what has everyone to say about it until then?

As for me, in the light of the related events of this year, one of them being the death of the game protagonist's voice actor, Ray Liotta, and the buggy/rushed "Definitive Edition" released last year, it remains my top favorite game and GTA of all the time (yes, even over GTA:SA and GTA 5). It's my childhood game and very first game I played (maybe not so old yet lol) and I must say I don't regret the fact it happened that way. I love the atmosphere, the small map, pretty much everything in this game. And despite its (original) developement was rushed and because of that many features are missing, it remains a masterpiece to me.

Also, for VC:MP, is something going to happen that day? Will there be anything organized? Maybe many players will return? What do you guys think?
Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
Re: GTA:VC's 20th Year Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 09:32:39 am »
I am generally optimistic in my daily life, but after over 11 years kicking around, I can tell that the thing is not really good looking.

Most of the community seems to have accepted the idea that VCMP is in downfall. This forum is inactive as it's never been. Most popular servers have around 10 players, but some others are closing (VCCNR). Fundamentally, our biggest problem is that most scripters are not really interested in pulling off new things anymore.

I think it is time to accept that what we saw in VCMP in the past, a vivid community with an extraordinary spirit of perseverance, is coming to a true end this time. And GTA VI & The Definitive Edition will only help ditching our grave.
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Re: GTA:VC's 20th Year Anniversary!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 03:43:05 pm »
The community has aged.

Once upon a time, the demographic was filled of teens and pre-teens in the majority, now young adults dominate. What are young adults doing? Setting the foundation for their lives. That mixed with economic distress is just not good for VC:MP

But to answer the question at hand, I have no clue if anything is being planned
Agree Agree x 3 (list)