login
May 02, 2024, 01:19:53 am

Author Topic: XE  (Read 34743 times)

Zircon

• View Profile
Re: XE
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2016, 03:24:12 am »
DICKS OUT FOR XE
Funny Funny x 4 Winner Winner x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 5 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2016, 12:28:50 pm »
XE already was dead, so in fact it was just a copy of EC (alive alternative of XE) with old brand for community attraction. Let dead servers stay in the past.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2016, 03:12:23 pm »
@vito you can say the same thing like this:
Ec is a copy of old XE and since xe died after 0.4 was out.
After some time, xe was made again and now we call it a copy of EC which is already a copy of XE
Xe copy = ec
Ec copy= xe
??????????
What is the origin of these copies ????

hotdogcat

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • The Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2016, 03:52:31 pm »
The point is:

Who cares about who copied who, this is a game there is no need to make dramas.

P.S since the topic is old i think it can be locked.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:54:57 pm by hotdogcat »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Credits to Bart.

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2016, 03:58:17 pm »
When one species die next one will take that niche. After old XE new XE is EC. Nowdays XE is a name from the past. Just a name in official tab of master list. If one really wants to make new XE one needs to kill EC before. Because it is one niche (same gamemode for players). All actual community who likes XE style of game is already playing in EC. Origin of these copies (and how it named) is absolutely not important for players. If you check (new) XE management's replies here you can see - they are talking about how to calling ranks of server's staff instead about players and gameplay.
Winner Winner x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 4 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2016, 05:37:29 pm »
If you check (new) XE management's replies here you can see - they are talking about how to calling ranks of server's staff instead about players and gameplay.
With me being apart of both XE and EC management I can tell you this, XE is an uptight environment when it comes to change. Conversations and suggestions do exist, and I mean a lot of them and in general they care about players and gameplay, but the problem is every single thing feels hindered. It's like you have to do some serious convincing to get the heads to approve management to approve staff to carry out changes. Staff and management can discuss great ideas that everyone likes but it doesn't mean shit if the head doesn't even acknowledge the suggestion much less approve it. Your suggestion just becomes another waste of space and nothing changes.

With EC, even if the suggestion is shit and people disapprove, from head to management to moderator, everyone engages and honestly that consideration alone makes you want to provide, maybe it wasn't the best suggestion before but you want to return to make a better one. It's a much more receptive environment that comes off a lot more friendly and catering.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2016, 11:53:23 pm »
At least nobody managed to copy EA yet. :)
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2016, 05:27:06 am »
Why would you copy a server which will crash after every 10 mins ?
Sori castagna but you yourself know the truth :P
Talking about the old EA, now that was an asskicking server.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Castagna

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Veteran. EA Server Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:57 am »
Why would you copy a server which will crash after every 10 mins ?
Sori castagna but you yourself know the truth :P
Talking about the old EA, now that was an asskicking server.
Aw Shawn, straight into my heart. We are an endangered specie then, we would better keep the <10 minutes crashes for EA v2.0.
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

VC:MP Veteran. Extreme Addicts Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader.

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2016, 07:10:04 am »
No hard feelings mate
And for EA 3.0
Count me in as a player :P
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2016, 10:50:12 am »
When one species die next one will take that niche. After old XE new XE is EC. Nowdays XE is a name from the past. Just a name in official tab of master list. If one really wants to make new XE one needs to kill EC before. Because it is one niche (same gamemode for players). All actual community who likes XE style of game is already playing in EC. Origin of these copies (and how it named) is absolutely not important for players. If you check (new) XE management's replies here you can see - they are talking about how to calling ranks of server's staff instead about players and gameplay.

This is too simplistic an analysis. There have been plenty of servers that look, at face-value, just like XE or EC, but have not succeeded.

GangtaRas's comment is more insightful. One of the main causes of XE's success in 2008 was its accessibility to the community, not just in terms of gameplay, but crucially in terms of participating in the crafting of the server itself. This is what I hoped to re-establish with my suggestions for the new XE model in this thread, and I believe they would have worked. Just look at how many people applied to be admin in my 'admin applications' thread compared to how many applied on the XE forum. Unfortunately the current XE management, though good-hearted and well-meaning, do not understand the dynamics of community participation in VC:MP, and refuse to adapt or become open to new methods of doing things.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2016, 11:33:39 am »
@up
lold

there are facts and there are opinions

fact is that nowadays any server that tries to be a competitor of ec has a close to 0% chance of success because they offer nothing new or they offer the same things (slightly altered) as ec does

iirc your plan was to remake xe's script in 0.4 (which we did as well) which would result in the same situation happening as it did last time; players on release, empty afterwards

in your version and our current version there is nothing that can attract players to xe, make them leave ec and come to xe

-

There have been plenty of servers that look, at face-value, just like XE or EC, but have not succeeded.

of course they didn't succeed, maybe i'll elaborate a bit
when xe died in 2014/15 ec appeared and players joined it because it was just like xe albeit with some minor script changes, then as the generation of players changed, new ones arrived (like md clan) they saw players on ec and played there and don't move to other DM servers because there is no motivation for them to do so

all i can say is that publicly it might appear to you that we are doing nothing regarding xe's 0 playercount however in private we are discussing ideas, ways to revive the server and one feature we came up with is already being finished
of course, the chances for success are low however we can try as much as we want to

and how did you expect your accept-all in admin applications work anyway
did you really think that would increase the playercount because staff members would join the game on a daily basis
i dont think so
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:35:46 am by krystianoo »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »
all i can say is that publicly it might appear to you that we are doing nothing regarding xe's 0 playercount however in private we are discussing ideas,

This is exactly the problem we're talking about :)

Core members of the community have no reason to go to XE because they have no sense of ownership over it or participation in its processes. What I suggested was handing ownership back to the community, like it was in 2008. Part of that was to grow a large accepting, trusting, passionate and participative staff team that could both comprise and steer the community.

Regarding 'accept-all' admin applications, it is from my experience that I know it is the best way to grow a community in this mod. Give everyone a chance, and if people fuck up, then and only then drop them. It is how HeAD built XE and ULK in 2008, it was how VU was built in 2009, it was how Tical, Sephiroth and I revived XE in 2010, and it's how VU has continued to be the most stable, largest and most principled community groups for the last six years.

Writer of excessively long posts

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2016, 05:32:48 pm »
Core members of the community have no reason to go to XE because they have no sense of ownership over it or participation in its processes. What I suggested was handing ownership back to the community, like it was in 2008. Part of that was to grow a large accepting, trusting, passionate and participative staff team that could both comprise and steer the community.
and do they have a sense of ownership in EC? nope
they don't go to XE because they have no reason for doing so, all their 'work' in EC would be lost then and for what, the same thing as EC is in the long run?

what do you want XE to do in it's current state? nobody posts in the suggestion board because nobody in the community cares about XE when they have EC, the way i see it is that XE has to make itself matter in the 'server market' and then we could implement your 'sense of ownership' ideas in it (which you should elaborate on because i have no clue what do you mean, if the server would have playercount on a daily basis then it's obvious we would ask players before implementing a change if that's what you mean lol)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:36:58 pm by krystianoo »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »
This is too simplistic an analysis.
Just look at how many people applied to be admin in my 'admin applications' thread compared to how many applied on the XE forum.
I just leave this discussion.
Funny Funny x 2 (list)