login
May 02, 2024, 01:11:50 pm

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 5832 times)

Pallazo

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 10:35:42 pm »
Degreaser -> Ignite -> AXETINGUISHER!

for instance, that combo. imho thats the most OP thing in that game. and as if it wasn't enough, they make the weapon switch even faster for the pyro. with this combo the pyro actually survives a front strike from a heavy's minigun, its ridiculous!
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »
Degreaser -> Ignite -> AXETINGUISHER!

for instance, that combo. imho thats the most OP thing in that game. and as if it wasn't enough, they make the weapon switch even faster for the pyro. with this combo the pyro actually survives a front strike from a heavy's minigun, its ridiculous!
Nah, it takes 2 hits. The Heavy, if it turns around quickly enough, you can get easily killed.
You have a disvantage tho. Killing only with the degreaser is kind of hard. You get killed way to easily.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Skittles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »
Well, for one, you need to be in direct melee range with the class you're trying to kill. This is pretty easy with Snipers and Spies since they're supposed to be frail against direct, close attacks. An Heavy with two good eyes, however, could easily shoot down a Pyro with his minigun, which pretty much is an automatic shotgun with no reload and 800 bullets at close range.

If the Pyro got you by surprise then he sure as hell deserves the kill. That was one of the Pyro's main points; ambush a group of enemies, light them on fire and send them back to their Medic/resupply cabinet. Hell, the Backburner even encourages that practice with guaranteed back-crits.

Puff and sting is the Pyro's main weapon currently. It's risky but very rewarding and can be easily countered. People should know better than to get too close to a Pyro and risk getting a crit to the face.

They were (and there are a few still) OP weapons but they got quickly fixed. The current one (Tomislav) is being worked on in TF2Beta. They're experimenting and balancing it so that you sacrifice max health and firing in turn for a silent and fast spin up, effectively reducing the Heavy's defensive capabilities for added stealth.

As for the Spy argument; well, people spycheck. When you know that there's a class that can easily one shot you if you're not caution you'd be watching all the corners, walls, suspicious teammates, etc all the time. Playing Spy isn't only based on your skill, it's also partially based on luck and the awareness of the enemy team. I can't tell you how many times I've went to backstab an Heavy as he turned around due to the decloak sound and punched my face in.

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05:32 pm »
Well, for one, you need to be in direct melee range with the class you're trying to kill. This is pretty easy with Snipers and Spies since they're supposed to be frail against direct, close attacks. An Heavy with two good eyes, however, could easily shoot down a Pyro with his minigun, which pretty much is an automatic shotgun with no reload and 800 bullets at close range.

If the Pyro got you by surprise then he sure as hell deserves the kill. That was one of the Pyro's main points; ambush a group of enemies, light them on fire and send them back to their Medic/resupply cabinet. Hell, the Backburner even encourages that practice with guaranteed back-crits.

Puff and sting is the Pyro's main weapon currently. It's risky but very rewarding and can be easily countered. People should know better than to get too close to a Pyro and risk getting a crit to the face.

They were (and there are a few still) OP weapons but they got quickly fixed. The current one (Tomislav) is being worked on in TF2Beta. They're experimenting and balancing it so that you sacrifice max health and firing in turn for a silent and fast spin up, effectively reducing the Heavy's defensive capabilities for added stealth.

As for the Spy argument; well, people spycheck. When you know that there's a class that can easily one shot you if you're not caution you'd be watching all the corners, walls, suspicious teammates, etc all the time. Playing Spy isn't only based on your skill, it's also partially based on luck and the awareness of the enemy team. I can't tell you how many times I've went to backstab an Heavy as he turned around due to the decloak sound and punched my face in.
This sir right here said it all.

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:41:27 am »
I bought it months ago, and played it a few times.
Worst and dumbest game I've played so far.
Just don't get how nerds can play this...
And I dont get how nerds can play CoD over and over again. It's the same fucking thing. Cheater here, cheater there. Everyone call everyone a cheater. Plus the 9 year old players there, it's just annoying. So I dont think it's the Worst and Dumbest game you've ever played.
You're doing it wrong then. There are less hackers and 9 year old in the servers I play in, then at TF2.
I have enough of 8 year old singing banana phone every time.
Nope, I've had it with TF2.

Also, Minecraft FTW!

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Foxtrot

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 09:40:46 am »
ugly ass skins  >:(

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 02:15:41 pm »
I bought it months ago, and played it a few times.
Worst and dumbest game I've played so far.
Just don't get how nerds can play this...
And I dont get how nerds can play CoD over and over again. It's the same fucking thing. Cheater here, cheater there. Everyone call everyone a cheater. Plus the 9 year old players there, it's just annoying. So I dont think it's the Worst and Dumbest game you've ever played.
You're doing it wrong then. There are less hackers and 9 year old in the servers I play in, then at TF2.
I have enough of 8 year old singing banana phone every time.
Nope, I've had it with TF2.

Also, Minecraft FTW!
Then you are playing in some wierd ass servers.

Indeed MINECRAFT FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 03:41:09 pm »
Minecraft and team fortress suck
**waits for knucis rage

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Lazee

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • Mess with the Best, die like the Rest.
    • View Profile
    • "(^_^)"
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 05:45:09 pm »
Minecraft and team fortress suck
**waits for knucis rage

Pressed the Agree button in rating instead of funny  ::)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:47:55 pm by Lazee »

kyber7

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »
Minecraft is kind of a unique game because it looks like a high graphics game but in pixels and cubes. And the whole world is infinite. I have never seen any other game with an infinite world.

Also, you can have fun in different ways: getting scared in dark caves, exploring, building, RPGing, and others. >_>

"i meat Charley and he teaches me to be a strong fighter and thats no joke"

~ Summer, 2010
  "The Beginning"

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »
TF2 got LAN play?
That is, can it be played using ad-hoc networks without using an internet connections?

I might play it among my college friends on LAN connection, but cant play with you guys :S

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 07:56:32 pm »
TF2 got LAN play?
You maybe live in 1800  :D

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 07:59:35 am »
TF2 got LAN play?
That is, can it be played using ad-hoc networks without using an internet connections?

I might play it among my college friends on LAN connection, but cant play with you guys :S
I think you can, Not sure though.
Since it's steam you need to download almost the whole TF2 game on a seperate PC and then run it.
Should work.
Info: Clicky

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 11:39:52 pm »
Many new games remove LAN lobbies.
Take FIFA 12 for example.
Every FIFA had LAN play before.....but this year EA removed it, so guys who illegally downloaded it cant play online at all.

NFS didnt had LAN play after Most Wanted I think.

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 12:52:59 pm »
Many new games remove LAN lobbies.
Take FIFA 12 for example.
Every FIFA had LAN play before.....but this year EA removed it, so guys who illegally downloaded it cant play online at all.

NFS didnt had LAN play after Most Wanted I think.
You're Right at  the new games thing.
About the NFS you forgot NFS World, the LAN NFS games still LAN because i played lots of NFS online

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.