April 27, 2024, 11:57:41 am

Author Topic: What advice...  (Read 1038 times)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
What advice...
« on: July 16, 2021, 11:57:46 pm »
What piece of advice would you give today, if you could talk to yourself 5 years ago?

In terms of work, travelling, life experiences, studies.

Enlighten me. I want to hear what some twenty-thirties have to recommend here for upcoming adults.

Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: What advice...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 12:54:05 am »
in terms of VC:MP I wouldd have joined SS instead of TRC back in 2016. Right after DnA clan was closed. With this said the SS clan even tho i was against it in the past. It was created by eddy one of the guys that along with metalord were my best friends in the VU clan. And because it was founded by Eddy im here, it somewhat hurts me to admit that lederhos took part on this, but he also did his part in SS like we all did and we shouldnt deny that.

I know im a bit stubborn regarding this but the SS clan was just... a group of spanish speaking players than eventually wanted to team up. I do regret from voting yes to its closure almost one year ago.

Yes I do miss the SS clan a lot.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:49:44 am by JuaN. »
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

habla

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 07:25:05 am »
First and foremost, do what makes YOU happy, and the sooner you start the better.

Learn to live alone and thrive.

Ask a lot of questions, to the people who can help you.

Don't ever let women be the focus of your life.

Get off social media.

If you're going to travel do it with a purpose, or stay home take LSD/Mushrooms

On that note, don't do drugs until mid twenties.

Stay single and work on yourself.

If you mirror yourself in everyone around you, you're doing it wrong.

And the list goes on, when in doubt, refer back to the first point.  :thumbsup:

enjoy

Agree Agree x 3 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

son_of_habla VCMP sucks
habla ey, that's how I met your mother

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 08:33:23 am »
Be open minded, try to understand people and their viewpoints. Coming to the realization that there's really no right or wrong opinion on anything, only subjective points of views, will go a long way towards building bridges.

Having love and girlfriends is absolutely fine, and a beautiful thing. But you have to know from the start up that it's likely not going to last forever, and most importantly, you have to be happy. If you're not ok in the head, and if you're not happy with yourself, chances are your significant other won't be happy either. So put yourself and your own happiness first.

Never judge a book by it's covers, a lot of the times first impressions can be very misleading.

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Shadow.Jack^

• Fanatic
  • Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 10:12:52 am »
1). Never be afraid or shy to invest upon yourself.

2). You are born as imperfect.

3). In life, you don't learn by memorizing facts and information. You learn by making mistakes and by seeing other's mistakes. So, don't be afraid of making mistakes.

4). You are born to live your life happily and to be constant learner.

5). Your daily habits decide your future so be careful what type of habits you have in your mind today.

6). Never cry for expensive stuffs which you don't have. Be grateful to yourself and to your family for what you have and what your family can give to you.

7). Be kindful to others often because your small help can change someone's life and it is one of the reason behind of your happiness.

8). Learn to control your anger and calm your mind in tuff and heat situations. Never say something when you are in too much anger, never make decisions when you are too much sad and never make promises when you are too much happy.

9). You have to realize both good and bad times are part of your life.

10). Your mindset depends on what type of people you like spend your time with. Example, if you spend your time with 4 toxic people then you will become 5th toxic person, if you spend your time with 4 ambitious people then you will become 5th ambitious person.
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

santiago15_pro

• VCMP SINCE 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 06:03:50 pm »
What piece of advice would you give today, if you could talk to yourself 5 years ago?

In terms of work, travelling, life experiences, studies.

Enlighten me. I want to hear what some twenty-thirties have to recommend here for upcoming adults.

but iff you g.... i have something that can explaint better ... wait a sec

English:

Spanish (latino america ):

but my message is respect your self and be yoursefl
whats the point go to the past to change you?
let you past version let him be (let it be (? )

let your past version be.

english (google translator xD ):
    what is the purpose of changing your version of the past?
It seems to me a lack of respect towards himself to travel to the past to change something, let your version of the past do what it has to do, to make the mistakes and successes that it has to do.

Spanish:
    cual es el proposito de cambiar tu version del pasado?
me parece una falta de respeto hacia asi mismo viajar al pasado para cambiar algo, deja que tu version del pasado haga lo que tenga que hacer, que cometa los errores y aciertos que tenga que hacer.

hey vedder how old are you?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:19:11 pm by santiago15_pro »

BanJack

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Resist.. Your hands are the hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 06:34:57 pm »
Two advices from what I passed through.

Firstly, show your parents that you LOVE them, say it, do things that make them feel it. I remember those days when I wanted to say "I love you" to my mother, but I was always like it's ok if I don't tell her, she knows that. And this is what I really regret not doing when she was alive. I know some of you may have issues with your parents, maybe issues regarding talking to them, or even regarding the way you was raised by them, in all cases do not hesitate to kiss and hug them daily.

Secondly, it's known that we all born without choosing the basic things that we are on now, such as our names, religions, etc..
It's very important to rethink about the creed we were born with. It's not selfly logical to continue our life with a religion we didn't choose, just because your parents were on that creed, and their parents were on it too, isn't a reason for you to keep with it.
A problem that faces who rethink about it, is the society around them, home, school, etc.. In other words, if you were born (religion X), and then you realise this religion isn't logical at all, still you got problems thinking about the look of your society if you change your religion.
As it's said, we live once, so live it as you see it fits you.
Agree Agree x 1 Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

AX

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 04:39:29 am »

Get off social media.

This is the best thing to do in your 16-20 year age. Social media drains all of your energy and will power. Instead of scrolling, wasting time for no reason, use the time and the willpower to do some productive stuff i.e, whatever you like to do as a side hobby, try to learn new things etc.

klein.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 08:05:38 am »
love and support ur parents always as they do with u. they're the ones only with you when none is by ur side.  :thumbsup:
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2021, 08:36:13 pm »
1. Stay close to your faith and your maker.
2. Don't forget yourself while making others happy. Remember always, you can't make others happy if you are not happy or satisfied within yourself. It's just a mental view which is wrong that you can always make others happy and you'll be happy yourself. Find inner peace first, then you should only spread it.
3. Always stay FAR AWAY from bad company and negativity (people, environment or whatever it is).
4. Stay natural, act natural, do what is designed for you to do, don't try to go against the nature, it'll harm you (eventually, slowly).
5. Look for things which will benefit you all the time, which will make you feel happy and yourself when there's nothing with you, invest in right things and right people (be right yourself first).
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 12:55:03 am »
I'd like to leave my own two cents.

The moment you're feeling hate in your heart because someone you loved (or not) did something bad to you; is a complete waste of time.

You will sooner or later, recognize that people fail a lot of times, and you also do - then, when we judge somebody, we have to proceed with extreme precaution. Especially if it is a person with whom we were close in the past.

On that note, try to solve all your differences and troubles with people in life; because it really hurts as fuck when you try to solve your differences at the cemetery. And I can tell you that based on what I have seen in my own circle of people. The most rigid people on Earth, could feel like they hate their own parents, but at the moment they don't live anymore, realize that they have been wasting days. Months. Years.

------------------------

Sometimes it may be tempting for you and your parents to move all the pieces and put all the efforts for you to move to the best city, pay the best university on Earth, and imagining a doctoral degree, spitting at the face of everybody when you're just starting your university career. To understand what is better for you, you need to meet yourself first. You must know how much costs the effort that your parents decide, with all love, to put on you.

Friends of mine have realized that I didn't go to university when I left high school. Even though university is free in my country, my parents didn't have enough money to send me to a capital city. It was very harmful to listen to these comments: "you are a waste of a brain", "your career at that shit city won't get you anywhere", "I study at (name of prestigious university) and will surely get a degree in five years".

Those people never knew about having a job or helping parents, wasted all their money, and got poor notes every exam, losing years. And that is unrepairable: making a father leave behind their dreams to make yours true, and you putting nothing in return.

My advice is: Follow your dreams with intelligence, choose a path of humility in every step, and value what you have. If you have never seen poverty in your country, take a bus, go to the fields or poor areas, meet those people, know what they have and how they live, and you will understand better that we are PRIVILEGED, and we should profit this privileges, the maximum way possible.

Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Jesop

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 07:48:13 am »
BUY BITCOIN
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

vito2

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 07:06:35 pm »
always carry toilet paper, sooner or later it will help you (in unexpected time and unexpected location)
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Useful Useful x 2 (list)

FuckTinG

• Banned
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 03:43:41 pm »
always carry toilet paper, sooner or later it will help you (in unexpected time and unexpected location)
AT UR 100+ KG, I WOULD NOT ONLY CARRY TOILET PAPER, BUT ACTUALLY BUY A TRUCK SO THAT I HAVE WHERE TO DEPOSIT ALL THAT NECESSARY TOILET PAPER HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)