April 19, 2024, 12:24:16 am

Author Topic: About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)  (Read 3437 times)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »
Reinstall Windows again, preferring to install Windows 7. Even if anti virus manage to clean your PC but it won't speed up your game.
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 04:09:58 pm »
Reinstall Windows again, preferring to install Windows 7. Even if anti virus manage to clean your PC but it won't speed up your game.
My father doesn't want me to re-install the OS...
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 05:18:28 pm »
My father doesn't want me to re-install the OS...
Convince him dude, that's a edited / bad copy of Windows from what I can see..

Here's a original's one link that I used for more than a year and had no problems:

https://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-xp-sp3-iso-full-version-free-download.html

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 09:29:59 pm »
Windows XP has been deprecated for a while now, so viruses are the least of your concerns.
If your father doesn't want you to reinstall, then grab an free anti virus solution (Like Avast) to at least clean it up a bit.

If you're still running windows XP without any kind of anti virus you should be asking yourself if you want that PC connected to the internet.
You're probably in hundreds of botnets, mining coins and sending spam to people.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 10:03:40 pm »
I personally have problems with avast, I am thinking about McAfee or AVG.
I'll try all of your solutions once I get back from school the next day. Thank you all for your advice :)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 11:11:37 am »
so, what should I do? I must take out the GPU and put it back?

Yep, simply take it out, probably remove some dust around the connection and place it back in. Hopefully that should do the trick

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 12:40:04 pm »
Kaspersky

Tim1997

• Regular
  • Aspire Moskvish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:50 am »
 grand theft auto vice city multiplayer requires a gpu ?
A very easy method you should follow reinstall your windows and yeah there is a administrator running behind which is called task manager there you can set up all your tasks your pc does.( most of the people use antiviruses on slower processors  which are the actual reason that ruin up your pc performance be ware about that.)

since pentium D is slow comparing to todays modern softwares but it is enough to run vice city just look after the tasks your pc is already running when your windows start which im afraid you dont even know they are taking place( discord , your antiviruses ,torrent , your skype and many other things start when you turn on the pc and they have high impact on performance mostly people dont really think about that and they complain why they get microstutters and lag on there pc). Most of the roleplay games or open world games are actually based on CPU since vice city graphics are of 90's so dont worry about the gpu mate .

for Video display use lower resolution like 1024 x 786 and yeah i will recommend that upgrade your ram a little bit more (4 to 6 GB )and you will find a smooth running vice city.
cut it dont buy anything look after for your tasks because im sure your pc is working more on them than your games.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:23:09 am by Tim1997 »
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 11:02:05 am »
and yeah there is a administrator running behind which is called task manager there you can set up all your tasks your pc does.( most of the people use antiviruses on slower processors  which are the actual reason that ruin up your pc performance be ware about that.)
Dude, Task Manager is for managing (killing / stopping / freezing) processes, not for setting up tasks for PC. You set them by yourself. If you don't really know too much about PC, please better stay away from there..

Yeah, also right, you can look up for some useless processes in Task Manager that might be eating your CPU / RAM, but keep in mind to google the process you wanna kill because you might end up killing a system process and end up in a BSOD till restart.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 11:25:46 am »
and yeah there is a administrator running behind which is called task manager there you can set up all your tasks your pc does.( most of the people use antiviruses on slower processors  which are the actual reason that ruin up your pc performance be ware about that.)
Dude, Task Manager is for managing (killing / stopping / freezing) processes, not for setting up tasks for PC. You set them by yourself. If you don't really know too much about PC, please better stay away from there..

Umm...

Agree Agree x 3 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 01:04:20 pm »
Downloaded malwarebytes, launched a scan and deleted identified threats. In addition, I turned on V-sync option in my video card setting and slightly lowered the resolution, I noticed improvement of FPS but is not fixed yet.
I decided to defragment hard drive but I faced this error:

searched on google but I couldn't find anything, I'm afraid that malwarebytes detected some of my system files as malware, help...

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 03:19:00 pm »
Umm...

That too, but it is irreleveant for whatever Tim said
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 05:52:04 pm »
Downloaded malwarebytes, launched a scan and deleted identified threats. In addition, I turned on V-sync option in my video card setting and slightly lowered the resolution, I noticed improvement of FPS but is not fixed yet.
I decided to defragment hard drive but I faced this error:

searched on google but I couldn't find anything, I'm afraid that malwarebytes detected some of my system files as malware, help...

I told you, I highly bet that OS is broken / corrupt, as I said, if I would be in your place, I would do a smart trick like backing up the important stuff that I and my father would need and install that clean copy of windows xp I gave, and set it up myself and after, showing and explaning my father whatever he should use and not, or ask me before installing anything or going throught anything he might not be aware of.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 05:58:42 pm »
Get your own pc.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 06:07:04 pm »
Get your own pc.
^ Also that, but I'll make a list if you're a such cheap-money guy on a guide for which components to buy and not. Stay tuned.
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)