login
March 29, 2024, 12:04:17 pm

Author Topic: About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)  (Read 3430 times)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)
« on: December 09, 2018, 07:49:51 pm »
To begin with, my father agreed to buy me an additional 2GB ram for my desktop computer (3GB ram in total) as my birthday's gift, I was hyped and rushed to run VW8 test and just was shocked by the results;
the first 3 tests results are the same while test 4 decreased by 8 fps from the last test to become 23.This further implies that I am facing graphics lag, to confirm that, I went to singleplayer and tested it: Indeed, there was a slight decrease of fps with graphics lag. Had the same problem with GTA3, and I fortunately fixed it by setting frame sync to on which made the game smoother than before.
I am just wondering if there is a VCMP command (like frame sync) to tweak graphics options and make my game better.

(I just figured out that lowering the res fixes the FPS but yet I am facing graphics lag especially when I witness too many NPC cars while driving, note that this only happens to me in singleplayer, I expect it to be smoother on multiplayer tho')
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:51:57 pm by PANZER24 »
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 7 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
Re: About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:34:35 am »
Ask your dad to buy you a better gpu instead.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sk

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • #VU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:34:43 pm »
Well, Instead of making fun of him, we should help him solve his issue. Tbh, the day I started vice city I had a Pentium 3 with 2 GB ram and no idea about GPU and it was laggy as fuck but I know nothing about fps so I played it like it was nothing and kept playing till I come to know about the thing that is called lag. So I would suggest you to collect some money and buy some good gpu.
Agree Agree x 8 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

le pro
http://i.imgur.com/j6yise0.png

Krediit Kokcex

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 05:30:15 pm »
The fact is, I am pretty sure you have got an AGP graphics card - due to which, you'll eventually have to change your motherboard, ram, processor, power supply to change the GPU. So you either try lowering your resolution to 640x480, or you cannot play.
Increasing your ram in a game like GTA:VC, which uses less than 1GB, won't change anything.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:12:56 pm »
It is not about GPU, my game was running fine, then I come to have this problem. Well, my thoughts about this community seem to be wrong, I thought I am asking experts, mature people, who would be pleased to help others but ofcourse no.

I was right, this community is pure toxic, and would never improve, because of people like you, trying to find silly reasons to bully someone. and the majority of its leaders( not all, there are admins and players that I completely respect ) act like they are great veterans while they can't lead a finger up their asses to pleasure themselves.

Ok, I no longer need any help, and no it is not about GPU, because I explained everything above.

Do something useful for your lifes and stop mocking of people you don't even know them.

Lock this topic.
Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »
Removed shit replies. Let's just help this guy for once...

Like other's have said, RAM is not the issue for VC. It's either your CPU or GPU that's the bottleneck. VC don't need much ram.

Post some more specs about your PC.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »
3GB ram
Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40GHZ 3.40GHZ
Nividia GeForce 7300 LE
Windows XP SP3
Here is a photo of my specs:

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 06:56:09 pm »
I'd say check if there's any update for your GPU drivers, or either re install GTA:VC. Your graphics card is shit, but it seems to be pretty enough for VC.

Or.. I used to have FPS drops when I had viruses into my pc, which made my proccessor to be used at 100%. Check the Task Manager and be sure the CPU is being used normally (like 15/20% on idle).
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 05:53:11 am »
Did you try using fresh copy of windows? and if it’s still same, eliminate the possibility of malware otherwise check for it. I remember having something pug.exe or something which made my gameplay shit slow with low fps. Something was eating memory and disk space kind of stuff.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 05:45:32 pm »
Did you try using fresh copy of windows? and if it’s still same, eliminate the possibility of malware otherwise check for it. I remember having something pug.exe or something which made my gameplay shit slow with low fps. Something was eating memory and disk space kind of stuff.
Can you please tell me about good antivirus/antimalware for windows XP? that I can elliminate the malware with?

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 06:13:56 pm »
Can you please tell me about good antivirus/antimalware for windows XP? that I can elliminate the malware with?
try anti-malwarebyte for now.

killerkid

• Fanatic
  • Hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 07:42:10 am »
--Piracy is not supported on this forum--
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:39:03 pm by aXXo »

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men!

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 12:28:53 pm »
Its your GPU but not in the sense that everyone explains. That GPU should be enough to pass as far as I know, given the resolution isn't high and you did back then. What I'd attribute the sudden change to be is either overheating of the card (so now its throttling slightly) or it needs a reseating (the AGP connection to the motherboard got bad overtime). My bet is the latter.

Happens to me to this day, sometimes my GPU for whatever reason adjusts and the PC either cant start or starts slow. When I check GPU-Z, my PCI-e connection states x4 or x1 when it should be x16 for full bandwidth, full speed. Taking out the GPU and putting it back in solves the issue so I'd check that. That GPU cant run any general purpose processes like mining, so there should be no virus that can affect it, it should pretty much always be idle until you run a game.

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 02:55:53 pm »
get windows 7, it has updated drivers for Chipsets and better directX compatibility.

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 03:35:07 pm »
so, what should I do? I must take out the GPU and put it back?

I can confirm my computer is infected, will anti-malwarebyte clean it?
I think I am in need of a full-time antivirus.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري