login
April 28, 2024, 04:09:43 pm

Author Topic: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)  (Read 14705 times)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:50 pm »
-

I know what you're talking about, its just like 0.3 where if you get bumped in someone, that player would have a bumping animation and stop there for a second with hands in punching action. and other player would shoot from a distance. this is really annoying because you get stuck and can't move until that animation gets completed.
Adding another point, you can't jump to cancel that animation while you can cancel most of the animations even fall animation.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

koray

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2017, 01:30:28 pm »
-

I know what you're talking about, its just like 0.3 where if you get bumped in someone, that player would have a bumping animation and stop there for a second with hands in punching action. and other player would shoot from a distance. this is really annoying because you get stuck and can't move until that animation gets completed.
Adding another point, you can't jump to cancel that animation while you can cancel most of the animations even fall animation.

0:38 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=65hqEex5Jto

I dont know if thats the same as 0.4.I also recall doing that with crouching.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2017, 11:45:07 am »
https://youtube.com/watch?v=65hqEex5Jto
I dont know if thats the same as 0.4.I also recall doing that with crouching.
Damn I miss Flamesay.

@Karan, you receive a shitton more damage from chainsaw the higher your FPS.

Regarding the animation bugs, I'm kind of surprised that almost nobody knows how to cancel that out lol.
The animation bugs that happen can be avoided simply by forcing a "resync" to the opponents screen, same story here; the higher your FPS is the easier it becomes.

So far I've only seen a handful of players who are capable and aware of this technique (myself included) that it basically becomes a combat strategy, I'll just leave it at that.

It's not possible to get that fixed unless Stormeus and his team really hammer down on perfectly synching the clients together to the point that if you punch/shoot/drive over someone that they are always 100% knocked down.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:47:44 am by Sora_Blue »

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2017, 11:54:50 am »
It's not possible to get that fixed unless Stormeus and his team really hammer down on perfectly synching the clients together to the point that if you punch/shoot/drive over someone that they are always 100% knocked down.

I disagree.

The reason for the punch bug existing in the first place is because when you punch someone your client doesn't wait for the other player to report what happened and instead uses default VC behaviour (being knocked down). The same with being ran over and such.

Which in turn makes it easy to fix, right? Because when you shoot someone your client doesn't use default VC behaviour, but rather waits for the other player to report whether he was shot or not.

That is my opinion. Perhaps the reason is different, but I don't think so.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:56:22 am by krystianoo »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2017, 12:05:34 pm »
I disagree.

The reason for the punch bug existing in the first place is because when you punch someone your client doesn't wait for the other player to report what happened and instead uses default VC behaviour (being knocked down). The same with being ran over and such.

Which in turn makes it easy to fix, right? Because when you shoot someone your client doesn't use default VC behaviour, but rather waits for the other player to report whether he was shot or not.

That is my opinion. Perhaps the reason is different, but I don't think so.
I know what you're hinting at, but that's exactly why I think it's not possible to have it fixed unless Storm addresses the sync issues.
I noticed as of the latest update that the combat sync has become worse for some odd reason.

All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2017, 07:02:18 pm »
There is another common animation bug regarding FPV. This one should be easy to fix.

Sometimes a player in FPV is seen in jogging animation while he is shooting. I think it happens to players who keep the movement key pressed while they shoot.

I barely ever manage to snipe someone's head when they are in FPV. Is the head hitbox not accurate in FPV animation?
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »
I barely ever manage to snipe someone's head when they are in FPV. Is the head hitbox not accurate in FPV animation?
I'd say somewhat. I've never really had much issues sniping the head of someone in FPV but I do when using regular weapons. One thing to note though is that the crouching while in FPV creates issues as your body doesn't reflect the change of the hitbox

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2017, 07:43:48 pm »
Also, mol blocks FPV of RPG, kinda annoying even  if it's your team mate's mol,we can't use rockets when we're set on fire..
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2017, 09:48:32 pm »
There is another common animation bug regarding FPV. This one should be easy to fix.

Sometimes a player in FPV is seen in jogging animation while he is shooting. I think it happens to players who keep the movement key pressed while they shoot.

Whenever someone is in the FPV animation the hitbox for the head is always in the sit/aim position, even if they are "running" stationary.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2017, 09:08:56 am »
Quick suggestion whilst coming across this topic:

There is a few particular "flinch" animations which happens in 1v1's where one player bumps into another (often by their player models both intersecting for a moment) and the other player gets stuck in a kind of "stumble" animation which then blocks them from moving for a second.

Many times in the past in 0.4 duels get ended really simply because one player ends up getting stuck in the spot because of the above leaving the other player open to take a free shot.

If possible remove those flinch animations (If anyone knows what i'm talking about).

Pretty sure one of them is  "35 - HIT_back - 58" but don't remember the rest.

Nah, the flinch is fine, but the sync should be fixed (when you're flinched, you can actually backfire).

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2017, 07:59:52 pm »
Nah, the flinch is fine, but the sync should be fixed (when you're flinched, you can actually backfire).
This is not always the case, it depends on your opponent's sync.

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2017, 05:03:11 pm »

I'm not sure the concept of hitboxes really exists in VC. Shots just get traced to see if they hit some part of the ped's body, with some tolerance for error, but as long as both players are synced and see the first-person aim animation they should be hittable.

If you seen the sprint animation when they're aiming, though, this would make it harder to hit them since you have to approximate where their head really is.

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Gulk

• im very cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »
1. An option for tweaking the speed the player stands up after falling on his back/stomach (forward/backward) after being knocked down by a vehicle, explosion or shotgun would be very welcome by a lot of people. Ever since the transition from 0.3 to 0.4 the animation has been too long. (it changes the gameplay from a chance of survival to garunteed death) Maybe to simplify it just an option between both 0.3 and 0.4 "get up" times/anims.

2. An option to disable headshots (Because I love beating down HP, not instant kills) and I think without headshots the game is more fun. (Call me a noob at headshots if you want, but I came from the MTAVC era where headshots didnt exist and those days were great battles with the only instakill being an up close stubby or grenade or carkill)

What do you all think?
Agree Agree x 6 Winner Winner x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
For 2) you can give everyone immunity from critical shots or hits, or something. To disable headshotting. Should work.

SaM

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2017, 07:22:14 pm »
2. An option to disable headshots (Because I love beating down HP, not instant kills) and I think without headshots the game is more fun. (Call me a noob at headshots if you want, but I came from the MTAVC era where headshots didnt exist and those days were great battles with the only instakill being an up close stubby or grenade or carkill)
What do you all think?
I completely agree and this should be given priority :)