April 27, 2024, 11:28:52 pm

Poll

What frame rate & limit you think is best for Vice War?

30 FPS locked; 20 FPS min
7 (26.9%)
Up to 60 FPS; 20 FPS min
5 (19.2%)
30 FPS locked; 30 FPS min
2 (7.7%)
Up to 60 FPS; 30 FPS min
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Improving Future Vice Wars  (Read 16064 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Future Vice Wars
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »
Wow, 18 votes already. I'm calling it

The people have spoken. The next Vice War will then be Kills - cash only; Bases - cash & points.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »
How about we don't force any frame limiter setting? Let each player choose how they want to play.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:38:28 pm by NewK »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 08:42:47 pm »
I guess someone have to survey the effect of FPS
Then we can set a suitable FPS Limit
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 09:01:57 pm »
How about we don't force any frame limiter setting? Let each player choose how they want to play.
Code: [Select]
[15:05:19]  [VU]Fercho's FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
[15:05:22]  [ON]KakaroT: 10 fps lol
[15:21:07]  [DnA]Noori: Fercho , your FPS is too low..
[15:21:14]  [VU]Fercho: it's 35 apparently
[15:45:12]  *> [ON]KakaroT killed [VU]Fercho with a shotgun to left leg. <*
[15:45:12]  [ON]KakaroT is on a killing spree of 10. Reward: $1000
[15:45:18]  [VU]Fercho: didn't noltice that tard was there lol
[15:45:47]  [ON]KakaroT: i don't have 10 fps fercho ::D
[15:45:57]  [VU]Fercho: I don't neither
[15:46:00]  [VU]Fercho: lol
[VU]Fercho's FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
Fercho's FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
FPS: 10.9709
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

<Fercho> .since when do I lag lol
yes
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:08:32 pm by Sora_Blue »
Funny Funny x 5 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »
Textures shouldn't be changed, so with original ones players would have better FPS rate. Dunno why exactly, but I noticed FPS drops when I looked at smoke for a second, which never happened before on any server. My FPS dropped to 50, others' dropped to 10 or lower, for example [VU]Fercho's FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second (tho this guy's FPS was this low most of the time). Since it's 0.4, laggers, especially those with extremely high ping and low FPS rate simultaneously have a huge advantage over us, the non-lagging community, which unbalances the game. My goal is to keep the gameplay smooth for everyone, or at least have it better than the last disaster.

yes

DarKFirE

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 09:17:08 pm »
Simple, get a real PC and stop playing this poverty 80's shit game at 10 FPS, ain't that hard. Just stop using your gay-ass wooden PC.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yes
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:23:58 pm by DarKFirE »
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 10:13:06 pm »
Code: [Select]
[15:05:22]  [ON]KakaroT: 10 fps lol
[15:21:07]  [DnA]Noori: Fercho , your FPS is too low..
[15:21:14]  [VU]Fercho: it's 35 apparently
[15:45:12]  *> [ON]KakaroT killed [VU]Fercho with a shotgun to left leg. <*
[15:45:12]  [ON]KakaroT is on a killing spree of 10. Reward: $1000
[15:45:18]  [VU]Fercho: didn't noltice that tard was there lol
[15:45:47]  [ON]KakaroT: i don't have 10 fps fercho ::D
[15:45:57]  [VU]Fercho: I don't neither
[15:46:00]  [VU]Fercho: lol
[VU]Fercho's FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
Fercho's FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
FPS: 10.9709 Frames/Second
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

<Fercho> .since when do I lag lol
yes
That has nothing to do with what I said... I just want the option to play at whatever FL setting I want to.
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »
That has nothing to do with what I said... I just want the option to play at whatever FL setting I want to.
And what do you think the others want to do.
There's bound to be players who are like HMM ANY FRAME LIMIT I WANT HEH

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 10:57:34 pm »
I guess someone have to survey the effect of FPS
Then we can set a suitable FPS Limit
Hmm, this would actually be easy to get done, Rivatuner can limit the FPS to any rate you like, even 1 FPS. All that's needed now is a partner to witness and record combat. From testing it by myself awhile ago, 20 FPS and up seems to keep things in sync with time, any lower and the world plays begins to play out slower and slower, 10 FPS was off by a whole second

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 11:00:56 pm »
And what do you think the others want to do.
There's bound to be players who are like HMM ANY FRAME LIMIT I WANT HEH
I don't see the issue. You're saying there would be players who wouldn't like having the option to choose and would prefer that the server enforces it instead? That would be a first. I've seen people complaining because some servers enforce FL ON and I've seen people complaining because some servers enforce FL OFF, but I've never seen anyone complaining about being able to choose their setting of their own free will.

Keep in mind the FL is not a fix for anything, I never implied that, it's not going to fix the low fps' of players. Like I said, I just want the option of playing at whatever FL setting I want to.

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 01:03:10 am »
No what I mean is that if players can choose what ever limit they set, there will be players that will intentionally play at like 10 FPS (HONEY_SINGH). I personally want to play at 144hz and if there is going to be some limit then I will force my way around it.

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 02:16:20 am »
No what I mean is that if players can choose what ever limit they set, there will be players that will intentionally play at like 10 FPS (HONEY_SINGH). I personally want to play at 144hz and if there is going to be some limit then I will force my way around it.
You missunderstood. I'm not talking about an "FPS Limit", I'm talking about the actual "Frame Limiter" option on the game settings. There's only 2 settings for it: ON or OFF. On this VW the "OFF" option was enforced by the server in case you didn't notice, you couldn't change it to "ON". When I said I wanted to be able to choose the setting, I meant that I wanted to able to choose if I wanted it ON(30fps) or OFF(60fps).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:19:12 am by NewK »
Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Kessu

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 05:58:37 am »
Being able to choose the frame limiter setting can help with FPS laggers a lot (FPS spikes between 10 and 60 are far worse than 10 and 30)

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 03:05:44 pm »
I am totally agreed with Stormeus. If you ask me I have experienced all/most of those cons in MP too. Recently me and my mate [ON]552x are doing heli safari (standing on tail of heli and killing people down on roads). The heli starts up faster for me as I am always on 30fps and 552x is on 60 fps and that cause lag for me (because the heli isn't started up for me and it starts flying) and most of the time I fell down (you can ask 552x).

Your guides and threads are about singleplayer VC in which the frame limiter option set to OFF makes the FPS to go to unlimited values, in VCMP it's 60. Which probably doesn't cause every single issue that you pasted down in your post.
Remember me ? I was supporting 60 fps on LW ? Ofc I was until I experienced all those cons. Even the bullets on 60fps are slightly faster (or maybe it is me who thinks that). If you remember the comparison of FPS by Stormeus in 0.3 on XE forum it was like the higher the FPS the faster the game. If you wanna test then Go to some server that gives choice to turn ON/OFF frame limiter and test. Turn on you limiter and tell the other player to turn off and see how fast the other player moves and the slide is more than the 30fps.

You enforce frame limiter off on VC:MP servers instead of FL on, aggravating the effects of FPS warp because now people who can barely hold 30fps are warping 15-50 instead of 15-30 when people moan enough about laggers as it is.
^ Even the fps spike between 30-60 is worse. And the players now playing at 15-60 spike makes them lag more.

@Gangstaras, please add a poll for fps. 30fps locked, 60 fps locked or optional 30/60 fps. And can you or any admin move my vote to 4th "Kills - cash only; Bases - cash & points" or remove it? I mistakenly selected 3rd one.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:08:28 pm by KakaroT »

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 03:42:08 pm »
Added the poll for FPS rate and limit. We will not be going below 20 FPS