March 29, 2024, 01:00:26 am

Author Topic: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)  (Read 14478 times)

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:49:37 am »
I'm going to keep this short and sweet: in the next feature release of VC:MP (0.4.5) I plan on changing the behavior of the laser scoped sniper rifle so that it no longer shoots through walls, and instead is only able to shoot through glass. This should make it a fairer weapon to play against while also neutering blatant wallhacking with it.

The only reason I'm bringing this up well in advance is because it builds on top of a number of other combat changes, like slide glitching patches, that keep gameplay more consistent. I'm also aware that this removes some flexibility from the combat system — glitching has been a way of adding variety to multiplayer combat when the game's regular combat system is rigid and lacking in some features.

That said, here are some questions for everyone:

• Are you satisfied with the current deathmatch experience? What are the upsides, if any?
  • What are your concerns about the current state of deathmatch?
  • What would you want to see added to the combat system, if anything?

The reason I'm asking this here and not the VC:MP forum is because this is a hub for all sorts of people used to deathmatch, while the official forum is not DM-centric.
Agree Agree x 3 Winner Winner x 3 Informative Informative x 4 Friendly Friendly x 2 Useful Useful x 5 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:57:45 am »
- improve lowping - lagger combat sync

- too many mods are used, vcmp has turned into a competition who has better mods (see: mod that removes bushes)

- speed cheats of any kind

- also look PM
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:12:26 am by krystianoo »
Agree Agree x 4 Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:04:36 am »
Better sync against shotgun glitchers. Shotgun cglitch ghosters are messiahs
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Kelvin

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Miami Killers
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:49 am »

Shotgun glitch is too op and totally desynches the opposition. People nowadays call this a tactic but no,this is just lame after a point.

Edit: Please delay the updates until the end of VCDC. This will be the fair act.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:10:35 am by Kelvin »
Agree Agree x 6 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 11:30:57 am »
-just somehow make sure there is no speed gear/hack usage. In recent months, many speed gears users have been caught(in EC), thanks to the staff & players who reported.

btw, why sniper will be allowed to shoot through glass only? I mean how, if you are fixing it to not to shoot through walls then why glass?
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 11:42:47 am »
Honestly, idk how possible it is, but I would like a toggle switch capability on headshots for combat in servers. If anyone remembers Vice War 2, that was one of the most chaotic vice wars we've ever had. It was a personal favourite for many, as while some players had access to Sea Sparrow, it was not as OP as it is now (the thing seems to only shoot heads now) hence its discontinuation for many years now.

We believe that the Sea Sparrow/Hunter has the ability to hold very true to the theme of Vice War but just needs this one nerf on the cannon in order to be implemented. That's the primary focus for the toggle. Secondary focus would be to disallow headshots altogether from all weps except sniper but I doubt this is favourable and would be a niche market.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 11:56:20 am »
To disable headshots you can give immunity from headshots (critical hits?) to all players.

Also, helicannon's damage is the same, whether you get hit in the head or torso.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 12:08:02 pm »
Fix panzer
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 3 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Amal

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:43:33 pm »
  • Are you satisfied with the current deathmatch experience?
yess

Norman4354

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 01:11:01 pm »
Just host the vcmp servers where everyone gets equal number of pings.
Funny Funny x 5 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 01:15:58 pm »
To disable headshots you can give immunity from headshots (critical hits?) to all players.

Also, helicannon's damage is the same, whether you get hit in the head or torso.

Well I was hoping since weapons have their own ID, perhaps the helicannon could be isolated from the other weps, but if the secondary option that I explained is possible, then it's up to the servers of choice to allow headshots or not.

And it's not about the damage, that's the same as you said, but if an aimbot should ever be possible in VC:MP, I'd make it out of whatever game logic is used on the helicannon cuz ever since headshots became a thing in what 0.3z r2?, it hits the head 80 to 90% of the time, typically from just the first 3 shots. And that is too OP to fight against decently imo.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:18:00 pm by GangstaRas »

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 01:55:38 pm »
Just host the vcmp servers where everyone gets equal number of pings.
Impossible, ping depends upon how much far you are from host, normally vcmp servers are hosted in Europe, if you live in EU you will get low ping. If server is hosted in Asia, asians will have low ping there but EU will have high ping.

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 02:09:16 pm »
I think people should be able to toggle between allow/disallow sniper wall glitch just like any other wepon.

And if sniper's wall glitch is being fixed, then maybe it's time that we get rid of RPGs dealing damage to the other side of wall when used.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 02:58:14 pm »

Shotgun glitch is too op and totally desynches the opposition. People nowadays call this a tactic but no,this is just lame after a point.

I think, what you are essentially asking is to modify the default GTAVC weapon.dat, so that Stubby is faster or at par with Shotgun.
This should be achievable by modifying R,S,T,U,V,W values of Stubby and making it same as Shotgun. I guess RST is for standing position, UVW is for crouched position?

Or, modifying them for Shotgun and making them same as Stubby, which would slow down the Shotgun. But that would mean M4 whores will have a good time since there would be no shotguns to beat them.

Maybe, having both Shotgun and Stubby fast as fuck would be a solution closer to 0.3z's ghost shots.

This should already be achievable by custom weapons(Check Mosberg in EC, it has spread of stubby, range and speed of shotgun). But it would be better if server owners could upload a weapon.dat in store folder which would affect the weapon stats in that server. Same as how timecy.dat is already done.
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Kelvin

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Miami Killers
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 06:05:59 pm »
I think, what you are essentially asking is to modify the default GTAVC weapon.dat, so that Stubby is faster or at par with Shotgun.
This should be achievable by modifying R,S,T,U,V,W values of Stubby and making it same as Shotgun. I guess RST is for standing position, UVW is for crouched position?

Or, modifying them for Shotgun and making them same as Stubby, which would slow down the Shotgun. But that would mean M4 whores will have a good time since there would be no shotguns to beat them.

Maybe, having both Shotgun and Stubby fast as fuck would be a solution closer to 0.3z's ghost shots.

This should already be achievable by custom weapons(Check Mosberg in EC, it has spread of stubby, range and speed of shotgun). But it would be better if server owners could upload a weapon.dat in store folder which would affect the weapon stats in that server. Same as how timecy.dat is already done.

I just want my shots to synch properly when i play against chrome shotgun glitcher. I dont want any weapon to be modified.
Agree Agree x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)