login
April 27, 2024, 08:10:51 pm

Author Topic: Vice War 8 Concluded!  (Read 1032 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Vice War 8 Concluded!
« on: December 30, 2019, 05:39:56 pm »
Vice War 8: Renegade's Strife has finally set sail, travelled its course and reached its termination point. Congratulations to the Red Team for winning this year's Vice War, and very well played Blue Team, for doing your best against the odds.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we had 135 of our 198 approved registrees returning, 278 registrations overall.

Now we close the curtains on another year end's event. Some things to note and improve upon:

• When I had created this map, I had aimed for some symmetry, but that didn't work out as the mountains are asymmetric, so to balance that I had made the shorter paths ridiculously harder to climb i.e. Red had some of the shittiest slopes you could make for a game. It worked to some degree, to balance the time it would take to reach the bases, however, the oversight was traversing on foot.

Unlike vehicles, your running speed is unaffected by any angle of altitude so the condition is, you can either run up the mountain or you can't. Added to the complication that I couldn't map the default vehicles at spawn, it made a natural imbalance in favour of Red to the following bases:

• Airport (quicker for Red on foot, equal length of time with a vehicle)
    • Cargo Ship (quicker for Red on foot, equal length of time with a vehicle)

Blue had the advantage to only the Mining Sites.

By how much? Roughly 20 to 30 seconds Red on Blue and vice versa. Wouldn't be much of a problem if the bases had an even distribution of Capture Points but this was not the case, Cargo Ship carried the most weight, Airport the least. So while we all had our fun, I will admit to that honest mistake regarding topological balance.

• The jitter system, works as intended, however, an oversight from ever since Vice War 7 with it is that it does not quite account for WiFi users. Most people that were affected really just needed a wired connection as WiFi is unreliable where ping is concerned, but does it cause the huge problems that a similar spiking on wired would cause? That was the debate between me and the staff. We agree that its a needed system in general, but the severity of WiFi unreliability remains to be properly tested.

Also of note was how to deal with the jitter system when it comes to vehicles, you can stop driving a land vehicle and keep it still, how to handle boats and worse of all helicopters and planes? I think most kicks happened to people already in a helicopter blasting helicannon or the Rustler spitting out bombs.

• The forced /help command, it was a good idea with a not so good implementation. Telling the player through the main chat how to exit the mode after they've finished reading was very foolish of us, so many complaints on how to exit. It wasn't a bad thing for such a new system, but things we would've liked to do like actively show vehicles, prep images and sprites and so on, time wouldn't allow.

• Vehicular Points was probably the most underused of all the Resource Points. And in general, I felt that the option to also buy the vehicles via cash would've been a good option to employ, especially in the dire situations where one team has a bunch of Planes and Sea Sparrows controlling the sky. This Vice War gave out a lot of money, so if that was implemented, the pace could've kept up that much stronger.

• Let's say I made a base to give to the community, of a jungle style, I would redo this base as a flatland, I think that would've worked out a lot better in terms of true dynamics of hiding in the bushes, guerilla tactics to bases, shooting out Planes and Sea Sparrows with a lot more cover etc. This Vice War showed the possibility to make something worthwhile in that sense, and change the thought process of the VC:MP playerbase somewhat from the linear style we've been using for years now.

But all in all I liked the dynamic and flow. Whilst getting killed by a bunch of Sea Sparrows was kinda annoying, I liked the balancing act of it where one team would dominate the sky and the base for a moment then it flips to the other team after we destroyed all air vehicles and it switches again after sometime etc. At no point did a team truly dominated the Airport in that fashion. Although I didn't record much footage, it was fun bombing you all, watching a team of people run in and then just drop my bomb with a quick airstrike, fighting other Sea Sparrows in the air taking them down to secure bases, watching all the RPGs flying across my face, it was very interesting indeed.

As you know or should know by now, I'm stepping down as Director, Mapper and Artist of any further Vice Wars, and in general any further works in VC:MP. I've done Vice War 5, 6, 7 and now 8. What gonna happen?

Welcome your new Director WiLsOn. He will be handling the concept, scripting, artwork, progression and launch of Vice War 9. What's it gonna be like? We'll see.

The Portal, once improved will continue as the new hub where registration will occur, though it will not have as much requirements as this Vice War did. The Portal is aimed to be a centralized zone you can visit anytime for every Vice Wars we've ever released, just not fully realized yet. Some improvements we hope to make are:

• Better handling of requirements
  • Better handling of announcements, player status and so on via private messaging the forum accounts of participants
  • More control to the participant where it regards to changing teams or nickname at will (so no more change nick / team topic to post in)

We going into 2020. Let's at least make it easier for ourselves.

Thank you all so much for participating and thank you, every member of my staff for helping me get this project done and actualized. Out with a bang

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:54:23 pm by GangstaRas »
Winner Winner x 21 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sean

• Fanatic
  • [EAF]Sean
    • View Profile
Re: Vice War 8 Concluded!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 10:38:18 pm »
Must say, this Vice War was the most unique one which made it very clear that Vice War is not only limited to the default map. A brand new terrain wasn't expected and it was executed soo well that in no time we all were comfortable with it. Regardless of all the minor issues, I myself had shit-tons of fun.

Red team being the favourites, played flawless. Halchter, Krys and Punk's trio was without doubt a pain in the ass. Bruh moments with BliTz who almost always sneaked up in the blue part of the map only to meet me like 20+ times, a small bomber plane duel between me and Ras as to who deals more damage ("you missed"), SS and VU dominating the game towards the end of VW while mantaining a friendly-competetive environment were a few reasons that made my experience more enjoyable.

Apart from this, my kudos to my teammates in blue who despite of lacking experience, tactics and numbers didn't lose hope till the very end of the event and tried their best all along. UF and DU proved that they're not to be underestimated. Spiller, Luchgox, Spartain, Devil_Jin, Aegon, Marineforce, Radon and co. gave it their all and that's what made me wanna give my best as well. Morphine and Jah saving the day with their goof-around attitude idd made it all worth experiencing. Big respecc to ya'll who showed up. Winning or losing apart, this did end up being a very memorable event!
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 4 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Aegon

• Fanatic
  • Miami Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 11:14:49 pm »
I have to say, this was my first time playing a vice war , I wasn't really sure  how it was all gonna go down. I was infact frustrated in the start and in the ending hours plus the lag in the beginning but i kept my hopes up and tried to do everything but one team's gotta win. Shoutout to red team players Halchter (especially his heli-cannon), Punk , Siezer ,Jooo , Blitz (who like sean mentioned appeared blue most of the time  :laugh:) SMD, it was good playing against you guys , the event was packed with thrill and suspense, we would decrease the difference of the points then it'd suddenly increase and vice versa.

I played mostly in the start as i had been away for a few hours otherwise would've played more. From my team, i'd like to give a shoutout to Klaus, Affanster , GRAND , Spartain , Akumas and Aky,who had been with me in the start of the event, i loved that moment when we were going in a group and killing whoever got in our way. It was fun, really enjoyed it apart from the disadvantages. Sea Sparrows dueling each other to be the dominant heli in the sky. But then most of the blue team joined and helped reduce the difference which was very interesting to see, trying to make a slow comeback. EAF, UF, a few WK members, EKs , DU all played very well and gave their best shot. DeViL_JiN ,Tim and Spiller with heli-cannons were doing very good. Not to forget morphine and jah's chat during the event :laugh:

Overall, it was a fun packed event. Nicely done by the VW8 Staff team.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:08:32 am by Aegon »
Agree Agree x 3 Winner Winner x 2 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:53 pm »
For a lot of you guys in the Blue team this was the first Vice War event, or the first one you've played seriously. This year, Red had more experienced players than you did and oddly enough turned out to be the more active team overall, hence winning.

Here are two points I wanted to stress:

- Team imbalance. This was a problem and it showed once the event started and near the event's end. Previous years would have people saying that it's up to the teams to organize themselves and that it's their fault for not showing up, but this year is a bit different: there was no 'light side' vs 'dark side' like The World vs WK and their helpers of Vice War 5 / 6, there was no 'A' vs 'B' like The Triumvirate vs The Wolf Pack vs Smaller teams.

In those years I wouldn't want to play in a different team, but this year, truth be told, I only wanted my team to win: and whether 'my team' meant the blue team or the red team didn't matter: I could've played with either. (and insulted the other one hehe)

- To the blue team (especially the first timers). Don't confuse Vice War for a VU event, because it's not one. Without you, there couldn't have been a Vice War 8 and there wasn't one when you guys didn't play [same goes for red]. There are some things I feel like you don't understand: you are part of the event backbone. Your feedback is not only welcome, it's needed.

Another thing is trash talk. It's an every-edition occurence and there's nothing wrong with it so long as it's within the accepted limits. And those limits are super high: just look at VW6 and VW7 trash-talk.
Was it authentic? I'd say yes.

So why didn't it happen this edition? Even when some red players tried to start it up in the event's Discord, no follow-up came from the blue team. We don't have to do it, I understand some people might consider it childish and would rather things were solved in-game and that's ok.  But if you don't do it because of fear of unfair admin retribution, that's wrong. There will be none and there hasn't been any in the previous years, really. And even if yes, then look at the bright side: there will be some staff drama to read through too then ;D

However there are some unwritten rules. The scripters and event developers are above us all and when they want to restart a server to fix some 'bugs' (including the one mentioned already above: red team having blue color during backup call) you cannot threaten them with leaving the entire event if they do so. That's just childish.

That's all for Vice War 8 I hope: we'll get to see each other in 9 if it ever happens!
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

Spiller

• Vice War Contributor
  • Regular
  • Easymode Criminal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:54:27 pm »
It was the first Vice War I played as well. I enjoyed a lot, enough to keep me glued to my screen, I think I had the highest playtime from the blues. As Sean said, the event was worth experiencing and memorable. Thank you to the developers and staff for putting together such a masterpiece.

The mainchat was quite a sight, blue team going apeshit regarding restarts and changes, and the monumental convos between jah and morphine, just as Aegon said. And Aky elucidating how good the server is (LOL).

The bases and terrains were gold quality, except some slopes. It demanded a shitton of patience to reach a base without losing significant health. I failed almost everytime at that lmao.
https://i.imgur.com/J6mELgY.png

Both teams played well, yeah blue was outnumbered but still we held together until we couldn't no more. Kudos to every blue who contributed. We guys tried hell lot to catch up with red until the score difference crossed 5K+ again.
Hope to see you again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 05:57:58 pm by Spiller »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

(PaK)DeViL_JiN

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 06:59:51 pm »
Gangstaras sniping in the bushes trying to target my Sea Sparrow blasting it out , Sevrin regardless of his inactivity joining the event trying his max,Sean giving his best making sprees,Akumas best Duo partner for anyone, Mason he doesn't even Speaks Urdu but stayed with us in the voice chat for the whole day taking a dive for too for his Team :) , Spiller helping me clear the Sky, Tim01 showing his aimbot during the Event best part when he solo went to the airport and captured it while killing all the reds who were camping at airport, Blackeagle , Ibee , MarineForce, Ken giving me their SS so i can blast you out, The Moment yendlund gets back from work and connects on Voice, Him holding the Ship and saying " mama lela banana in the voice chat " and many more were some of the great moments .
I wanted to Stream the whole VW but couldn't due to Jitter.
but here is a 30 minutes clip of VW8 Blue's side with Discord Audio "Pakis wear headphones if your gonna play it"

Great Work Blues! and Congratulations Reds
See ya in next VW.
Edit - Killing that Thulli Gui was also fun !!!!!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 05:39:17 am by (PaK)DeViL_JiN »
Winner Winner x 5 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 10:03:07 pm »
Tbvh, in the beginning I didn't felt good about the map but later on I started enjoying it, it was something different from regular VC map and because of that this VW was different.

Big congratulations to the Red Team for winning the event with their effort. VU, SS, MK, MD and all other red folks played beautifully.

Although this was a tough competition when blue started to break the lead, everyone trying their best, DU, UF, EAF, morphine, ULK folks, 4kum45, kiki, GRAND, Aky, Marineforce, and all the other blues who showed up, all of them played flawlessly.

Couldn't play much because of a WiFi connection, as Gangsta mentioned the jitter was not in favor of user who were not using a metered network. But still I enjoyed really well and it was one of the best VWs because there was no drama or any kind of toxicity during the event. Every single player who was playing enjoyed him/herself in the VW.

Thanks to the host VU and all other staff members for making this event possible for all of us. And Happy New Year folks, have a great year ahead with a lot of joy and happiness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:06:47 pm by Sevrin »
Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Thomas

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 07:47:07 pm »

6:46: "I'm dead i'm dead thomas specially..." i want this full audio lol
9:56: "That RPG lmao i flew lol"

Blues were more coordinated than reds from my experience.
Good game guys. :)
Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

(PaK)DeViL_JiN

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 09:08:16 pm »
i have deleted the videos but he was saying " Thomas specially mujhay marnay kay liye Sea Sparrow lay kay aya ".
Funny Funny x 3 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 11:39:09 pm »

Red Team - hop in first, read Game Manual second
Blue Team - read Game Manual first, hop in second

Every single year lol
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 2 (list)

(PaK)DeViL_JiN

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 05:33:57 am »

Red Team - hop in first, read Game Manual second
Blue Team - read Game Manual first, hop in second

Every single year lol
Quite opposite, we also hop in game didnt even knew anything learned everything on the go.
Agree Agree x 6 (list)